It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PSA about Gay Rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I saw this post on my newsfeed on facebook. I am actually pretty neutral about homosexuals in general, but I thought this PSA is quite absurd. NOT SAFE FOR WORK, strong language, viewer discretion is advised.

www.youtube.com...

I don't think this does anything to help with their agenda.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I like it. It's all about the shock value.

It gets attention, and that's what needs to happen to wake people up.

The big drag queen is funny as all get out. LOL

Good post.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

If the goal is to push anti-gay extremists even further away & make the more laissez-faire types among us cringe... then they're gettin' it done.

I've gotten old enough that "shock value" to me screams of immaturity, mostly.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Schkeptick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
So you think that this is the type of message they need to use to get their message accepted by the majority of people in the country?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

Yea, I posted a comment on the link saying that I don't really think that this video is a great way for them to go about trying to get their agenda accepted by main stream society and the conversation that ensued pretty much boiled down to me being an angry, close-minded, homophobic, bigot. (Pretty much the go-to insult from liberals when anyone who disagrees with them makes a valid point).

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Why does it matter if someone of gay or not? they are still human beings. Equal Opportunities in the UK states that no matter what you are (gay, disabled etc) you will not be discriminated against.

If there are people that feel uneasy about being aroung gay people then its just TOUGH. Get over it, life is for living and not moaning about the smallest and most pathetic little problems. (rant over)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
...I'm more gay than not, and I was amused, but this will do absolutely nothing to stop the homophobes or bullies. People choose to be bullies or haters, unlike being gay, which is not a choice.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
People choose to be bullies or haters, unlike being gay, which is not a choice.

I'm really starting to believe that human beings are far more complicated than that. Our sexual preferences are a complicated interaction between biology & life experience.

Some people are extreme gay or extreme straight. For all his questionable science, I do think Kinsey was onto something with his sliding scale. Not everyone falls to the extreme. Many of us may have tended one way or the other because of life experiences and choice - and could have gone the other way. Some people go back and forth. It's more than a clear cut "gay/straight/bi".

I would really love to see society swing away from this sex obsession. Get government out of marriage completely and allow civil union to be defined as it really is: a partnership between two people for financial protection. Like a 2-person corporation. What people do (or don't do) in their own homes is no one's business but their own.

new topics

top topics

join