It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atmosphere Above Japan Heated Rapidly Before M9 Earthquake

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hi

I`m super glad that you made this post

I just wanted to create a thread about some videos of auroras i found today on YT and wanted ATS members opinion on these videos, i´ll post the videos here for us to view, maybe there is a connection to your post

Quote from YT uploader

strange strange strange

2011/03/11 aurora without sun trigger

2011/03/12 aurora without sun trigger

2011/03/09 aurora without sun trigger

2011/05/16 South Pole Aurora Borealis

any idea what had trigger it ?

what you guys think?

HM
edit on 18-5-2011 by Hithe Merinos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Thank you OP for providing this thread with an honest presentation as apposed to this thread.

The story here has great implications. One thing that should be noted is that theories are being presented that this atmospheric activity is a result of an inbound earthquake, and not that the earthquake is the result of the activity. Does that mean HAARP is completely off the hook? Probably not.

Personally, I have yet to see clear evidence that HAARP is responsible for causing earthquakes. And while open to the possibility I have doubts. Though I do believe anything the government keeps that secretive should have an eye kept on it. IMO there is always a grain of truth to most conspiracies.

Though this story makes me very optimistic. It's a step in the direction of providing a verifiable warning to those about to be hit by an earthquake, which I think one day will be the norm. Just as we can predict many weather phenomenon that we were unable to many years ago.

Star for the presentation, Flag for the content. Good work.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
As a control experiment to neutralize HAARP or Solar Radiation from the equation,
I am interested in seeing the level of cell tower and other broadcast radiation for the same period.
If there is a commensurate spike in activity this may lessen the conclusiveness of it being either one alone.
If it is fairly normal, at least it has been eliminated from the equation. If anyone from Japan who has access
is reading this please check. Just to be sure for yourself. You don't have to share the results or tell anyone.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It seems no one here actually read the article.

Atmospheric heating, according to the article, is not the *cause* of the earthquake. Rather, it's the *result* of the precursors to the earthquake.

For people who seem to be convinced that HAARP is *cause* of the earthquake, explain how ionospheric heating logically connects to causing earthquakes.

I'm just looking for an explanation that logically makes sense because up to now no one seems to be able to make one.
edit on 18-5-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
Explain how ionospheric heating logically connects to causing earthquakes.

I'm just looking for an explanation that logically makes sense because up to now no one seems to be able to make one.

Okay. First of all, it's not a hot ionosphere that causes quakes. The ionospheric heating is just a byproduct, from when they bounce a gigawatt of radio-frequency electromagnetic radiation off of it like a mirror, which lets them target remote spots that they don't have line-of-sight to. Forget the ionosphere.

Every material has a resonant frequency; when you hit it with E-M waves at that frequency, it vibrates, absorbing the energy in the waves. This turns RF energy into mechanical motion (which also creates friction, which creates heat). 2.5 Hz is the resonant frequency of a great many things; certain neurons, certain highway overpasses, certain rocks... and if you want to be able to sleep tonight, don't look at this 1997 patent...

The effects of the 2.5 Hz resonance include slowing of certain cortical processes, sleepiness, and disorientation.

HAARP thus affects people even more than it affects rock strata. I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel more disoriented and dulled with each passing day (and here I thought it was fluoride and the phthalates leaching out of my plastic ice trays and car dashboard and whatever GMO food I'm ingesting and chemtrails and cellphone radiation and power lines and whatever the hell they make fire-safe cigarette paper out of). But this isn't about the Air Force turning us into zombies, it's about the Air Force creating quakes. Could be a dual-purpose weapon, though; they love those, more bang for the fiat buck...

Anyway, when they bounce a high-powered radio wave off the ionosphere into a target using the target's resonant frequency, it makes the target vibrate. A billion watts can cause quite a lot of motion. And from the looks of their own monitoring systems, it took three days of constant vibration induction to destabilize that fault enough to make it slip.

See it now?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thought Provoker
The ionospheric heating is just a byproduct, from when they bounce a gigawatt of radio-frequency electromagnetic radiation off of it like a mirror, which lets them target remote spots that they don't have line-of-sight to.

A gigawatt? Do you know how much power that is? That's a good sized Nuclear power plant..

HAARP only has a maximum power output of 3.6MW. by the way.

Every material has a resonant frequency; when you hit it with E-M waves at that frequency, it vibrates, absorbing the energy in the waves. This turns RF energy into mechanical motion (which also creates friction, which creates heat). 2.5 Hz is the resonant frequency of a great many things; certain neurons, certain highway overpasses, certain rocks...

While I know about resonant frequency, but there are many types. Also, HAARP operates in the HF band, not the low 2.5Hz you cite. I would like you to explain how EM resonance translates to mechanical resonance.

Anyway, when they bounce a high-powered radio wave off the ionosphere into a target using the target's resonant frequency, it makes the target vibrate. A billion watts can cause quite a lot of motion. And from the looks of their own monitoring systems, it took three days of constant vibration induction to destabilize that fault enough to make it slip.

Again, explain how you get a billion watts and how the HF radio waves emitted translate into "resonant" low-frequency mecahnical resonance.

See it now?

No.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

And if they did focus a gazillion watts into the ionosphere,I would think it would disrupt alot of radios and ham operators would pick up on it.
And also,if the were doing such things,why would the magnetometer be available to the public other
than for the purpose of disinfo and distraction.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
And if they did focus a gazillion watts into the ionosphere,I would think it would disrupt alot of radios and ham operators would pick up on it.

Exactly. The frequency range isn't that far removed from the band allocated to HAM operators, as it happens.

And also,if the were doing such things,why would the magnetometer be available to the public other
than for the purpose of disinfo and distraction.

Exactly again. The only people who think HAARP is some monstrous tool of the NWO to cause earthquakes in seemingly random places are people who don't actually understand what it is HAARP does. It's the same for the LHC, those that don't understand think we're about to be swallowed up by a blackhole...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
The only people who think HAARP is some monstrous tool of the NWO to cause earthquakes in seemingly random places are people who don't actually understand what it is HAARP does.

They dont understand how radio waves work either.
HAARP couldnt bounce killer EM radiation to Japan off the ionosphere even if they wanted to, because it is *too far away*.

The ionosphere isnt high enough for them. Radio waves can indeed bounce off the ionosphere but the maximum distance downrange is only about 1400 miles. After that, you need what is called "multiple hop" propagation, where the radio waves bounce back off the earth up to the ionosphere for a second time.
To get to Japan, 3600 miles, they'd need three or perhaps four hops.

But the HAARP "killer radation beam of energy" induced earthquake theory doesnt handle this idea well.

Its all nuts.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Of course looking at these statistics we could also point out that the earthquakes are happening in places that they are already likely to happen

Do you mean fault lines that are due for an earthquake, or the actual geographic location? If HAARP is able to cause earthquakes, it would only be possible to do so on fault lines.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

I just realized that this could be a reason for all of the release of metals into our atmosphere. The materials released make great conduits for such technology.

edit on 19-5-2011 by Kevinquisitor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Exactly again. The only people who think HAARP is some monstrous tool of the NWO to cause earthquakes in seemingly random places are people who don't actually understand what it is HAARP does. It's the same for the LHC, those that don't understand think we're about to be swallowed up by a blackhole...

LHC: Not even the scientists KNOW what will happen? They only hope the concrete laboratories are built well enough. And knowing that IF a black hole appears, they won't have to apologise.

This is back engineering the quake, and a connection to HAARP is tenuous i'll agree. However, there is nothing in conventional physics that explains the atmosphere heating before an earthquake. Now this is the first evidence of activity several days before the event. Could neatly explain animal sensitivity too. Now i don't understand how any atmospheric phenomena could "induce" an earthquake, but we're clearly seeing the atmospheric effect before measurable ground effects.

Again tying to HAARP is spurious, but i cannot accept "official" HAARP information, in the sense of publicly disseminated data, any more than some terribly obscure and ominous patents from the same project. 3.6 googolblots for all i care, it's speciality is manipulating atmospheric electrical and magnetic fields, anywhere we find extreme examples of those, it's worth investigating.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

Funny i like some things you posted but where the evidence that HAARP can effect Rock Strata And subsequently Cause EarthQuakes.

On another note why would they Target HAARP at Japan maybe your forgetting Japan is a major Ally with the U.S and weakening Japan would only cause China to gain more power in the region regarding and remembering the fact China wants Taiwan back..

If this has any substantial evidence that HAARP can actually cause Earthquakes i'd like to see it presented so far i'm seeing nothing of the matter. The fact that we think we can cause Earthquakes seems laughable to me.

The Earthquakes are bound to happen anyways. We probably do have a small effect on what exact time they will happen but intermittently its going to happen regardless.

Point Taken.

Now lets try and provide some evidence of us actually being able to Incite Earthquakes to happen because if this were true. I'm sure Iran would be having Earthquakes all the time due to the Fact Israel wants to finish them

And we all know how much the U.S foreign Policy loves Israel.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

The only people who think HAARP is some monstrous tool of the NWO to cause earthquakes in seemingly random places are people who don't actually understand what it is HAARP does.

They dont understand how radio waves work either.
HAARP couldnt bounce killer EM radiation to Japan off the ionosphere even if they wanted to, because it is *too far away*.

The ionosphere isnt high enough for them. Radio waves can indeed bounce off the ionosphere but the maximum distance downrange is only about 1400 miles. After that, you need what is called "multiple hop" propagation, where the radio waves bounce back off the earth up to the ionosphere for a second time.
To get to Japan, 3600 miles, they'd need three or perhaps four hops.

But the HAARP "killer radation beam of energy" induced earthquake theory doesnt handle this idea well.

Its all nuts.

For starters I am in no way a believer that HAARP is a killer weapon made for the purpose of producing earthquakes , now that this is out of the way , back to the main post:

After reading your post it got me thinking. What if this was not any attack but simply a joined experiment that went south ? What if the "hop" was the cause of the earthquake ? I was thinking a scenario where the US HAARP is directing its waves towards the Japanese HAARP installation , via those hops (because they can't reach it any other way as stated above), and somehow triggering this quake . What was the purpose of the experiment, I have no idea, this just popped into my mind while reading your post.

Again just to clarify , I do not have any interest i HAARP as it is, I was just scanning through threads out of boredom so if I made some huge errors in assumptions feel free to correct me

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

I say this with friendship and mean no disrespect in any way, but you make a serious
error by making assumptions

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rykc27
reply to post by Thill

I say this with friendship and mean no disrespect in any way, but you make a serious
error by making assumptions

No offence taken friend , like I wrote before, I do not have much knowledge about HAARP as it does not interest me to much, so I made an educational guess based on the quoted posters explanation on how HAARP could have bounced the radio wave that far

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I was thinking that these were already happening around fault lines, not in locations that never had an earthquake. So the question would be is it possible to affect an existing fault line I suppose. I doubt that mankind has the ability to create earthquakes where there were none before or where there was no fault. The images in the source article indicated that these disturbances in the ionosphere were above existing fault lines.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I think that's why Maxmars pointed out that Japan lost on of their satellites that was used for disaster monitoring shortly after that time frame. (The time of the earthquake) I know that that satellite was said to have been near the end of it's expected use, but a sheer coincidence? Hard to say.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
... shortly after that time frame. (The time of the earthquake)

The earthquake was March 13.
The ALOS satellite had troubles on April 22.
Cant really link these two together.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
If you go on to read further you will see that they have an idea as to what caused this (hint: it isn't haarp)

These kinds of observations are consistent with an idea called the Lithosphere-Atmosphere-Ionosphere Coupling mechanism. The thinking is that in the days before an earthquake, the great stresses in a fault as it is about to give cause the releases large amounts of radon.

The radioactivity from this gas ionises the air on a large scale and this has a number of knock on effects. Since water molecules are attracted to ions in the air, ionisation triggers the large scale condensation of water. But the process of condensation also releases heat and it is this that causes infrared emissions.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join