It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Warns Public to Prepare for 'Zombie Apocalypse'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

dude, firefly reference? you get a star for that.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Zombies? I thought all the stinking, rotten, cannibalistic ZOMBIES were wearin suit and tie and callin themselves...CONgressmen and SenaTORS. N. Pareerezident! Zombie Apok-ah- lips....BITCHEZ!!!!!!!!
Tres cool amigos.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I wouldn't want a shark suit, bite proof or not. Those things are heavy. A nice leather coat, some chaps, and a pair of kevlar gloves will do just fine. You could even throw on a collar and a mask for good measure, but I think I'd want to stay agile. A good machete or a khyber bowie is also a must.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

no no no you have it wrong. the people in poltics are vampiers. its the shady bankers and the shambling bags of puss on wall street who are the flesh eaters.

on a serious note. bring all the shamblers,walkers,dumb #s,sprinters,twitchers,boomers,hunters,stalkers,moaners,screamers,walking bags of pus,dead heads, piles of #, ghouls, and crawlers you can throw at me. my blade is sharp and im rearing to crush some skulls

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

The Neptunic suits are lightweight. If you can't handle ten pounds, I'm pretty sure thats a rule failure in the zombie rule codex.

Now a duffle bag full of c-mags?
That requires some time in the gym.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

If you read the Oral History of World War Z, you'd know that you don't need any of that gear. You need a good dog and the ability to move to a colder climate. Z's freeze and, once they do, you can dispose of them with a butter knife if you have the time.

The dogs, by the way, are astounding alwarm systems for approaching Z's. Thus, a good dog will give you ample time to get your gear and get back on the road.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Color me schooled. I haven't seen the new shark suits before. As for the C-Mags? Can't go wrong there. I'd only use them in a pinch. No sense in alerting the neighborhood. Ten or Fifteen men though, nothing a good khyber bowie couldn't handle, zombie or not. An AA12 full of buck or sabot wouldn't be a bad bed fellow either. Maybe a few incendiary rounds for horde control.

reply to post by Crakeur

Love that book. One of my favorite reads. Heading up north though you have the problem of starvation and in-fighting as everyone else and their uncle heads the same direction. I'd rather chance it with Zack, if you know what I mean. I can fend for myself, but I'd rather not have to take out any of my own in the process.
edit on 18-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Butterknife?! Where is the fun in that?.

Besides I'm down by the Gulf of Mexico, I would have a heck of fight to get to anywhere cold.

An offshore rig though, hmm.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Mactire

The Neptunic suits are lightweight. If you can't handle ten pounds, I'm pretty sure thats a rule failure in the zombie rule codex.

Now a duffle bag full of c-mags?
That requires some time in the gym.
that shark suit is pretty bad arse.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

nice avatar. the kommander is my all time fav villian in all of cartoon history.

i also agree that you need to be at least use to heavy lifting in a situation like a zombie holocaust or any kinda natural disaster where you would be cut off and on your own. thought i dont think i would want a dog around me in a ZH. they would bark and alarm every walker in a mile radius. mabey i would have them if i had a compound but not if i was a wondering around the desloation being a scavenger

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Wow, the two tools that were in my arsenal as a kid to get me through just about anything have been mentioned on this thread already.

Anyone who knows me from childhood (probably nobody on ats
) knows that I could go all sorts of MacGuyver on you with just some duct tape and a butterknife.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kadyr80

Oh I agree, it was entirely tongue in cheek otherwise who would pay attention to yet ANOTHER preparedness diatribe issued by a gov't. zombie?
There is a neurotoxin that, when ingested, prevents nerve cells from firing - Tetrodotoxin - & in low enough doses produces that zombielike effect in humans. It's most commonly known by puffer fish but also found in other species. I just found the headline amusing...ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!!!! Good to know I'm not the only one left with a sense of humor.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Crakeur

Butterknife?! Where is the fun in that?.

My version of a Swiss army knife would do the trick!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/84a9e0d0e31e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hey... your chainsaw has playstation buttons on it. I'll stick with this one... complete with the survivor must....... duct tape

That being said; if you're gonna crank this baby up, you'd best be ready to commit, because every zed-head within earshot is gonna come runnin'.
edit on 18-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
You guys should read The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks, I think it was. He also wrote the Z books.

I try to seperate the real-scary from the fake-scary. It seems TP will drop hints to us here and there on a lot of different subjects. Maybe this is one. Why would they spend the effort on this subject? I think to tell the few who are able to pick out the subtle hints on what to do in such situations..Just replace the Zed word and suddenly this information becomes a lot heavier. I understand they're trying to be funny about it, at least that's what they're saying, but I'm reading between the lines on this one.

zombies are overdone, vamps have been tarnished. I wonder which crypto is next...
I'm going to the Winchester...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Speaking of chain saws.

I think I found my ride to the port.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by UsedIllusion

I own both books by Max. I met him a few years ago in Philly. He's a real nice guy. He even signed a book for my son. His Zombie Survival Guide would actually be feasible in other survival situations. Not just a zombie pandemic.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Chainsaw bayonet!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/60a0895d2efd.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 18-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

i just made a mess in my panths from this picture. that is #in awsome. but real?????

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Holy bleep Batman! I thought it was photoshop or a mock up, but check this out:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join