It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Warns Public to Prepare for 'Zombie Apocalypse'

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Rule No. 1

Cardio

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by matito
1: I don't think all variations of zombies would be filled with rage (aggression maybe). If so, it would be an animalistic-like survival trait to dominate the social zombie group (much like an alpha dog) or an aggressive attribute to intimidate targeted prey. Also, like most species of living organisms/animals, a zombie would probably have enough basic instincts to preserve and continue to spread it's infection, disease, virus or parasite and therefore only be interested in attacking/infecting non-infected food sources (whether animal or human). So, I do not think they would have the natural drive to attack or feed off another equally infected zombie.

I guess another way to survive, would be to put on make-up and act like a zombie, like Bill Murray did in Zombieland, lol.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

You may have answered your own question in the arument. I'll present exhibit A: (no idea why I named it that, sense this is the only exhibit, but I digress). On to... the exhibit.

After watching that; this may be how the zombie virus could be spread via a parasite, carried in eggs in the mouth and injected through biting/vomiting, etc. A horrible alternative to picture I know, but its possible.

As for heading for the hills. Its a decent plan, but it was also the plan of those seeking to evade the black death. You always have the factor of incubation times. Would someone know they were infected, or would they bother to tell those in their party as they tagged along for the trip. You'd be more safe out of the cities for certain, but I wouldn't say its as simple as holding up for a few weeks and then going back for clean up. And don't forget. Predators migrate with the Prey.

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by matito
1: I don't think all variations of zombies would be filled with rage (aggression maybe). If so, it would be an animalistic-like survival trait to dominate the social zombie group (much like an alpha dog) or an aggressive attribute to intimidate targeted prey. Also, like most species of living organisms/animals, a zombie would probably have enough basic instincts to preserve and continue to spread it's infection, disease, virus or parasite and therefore only be interested in attacking/infecting non-infected food sources (whether animal or human). So, I do not think they would have the natural drive to attack or feed off another equally infected zombie.

I guess another way to survive, would be to put on make-up and act like a zombie, like Bill Murray did in Zombieland, lol.

Or Sean and the Gang from 'Sean of the Dead'.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

WT...Wow are you kidding? I have never seen that and am a little worried. Is that real? Super strength "classified" things of some "otherworldly" nature. Even the man reading it seemed concerned. Yup wormholes, "stargates" whatever it is something is not looking good.

Edit: OK after hunting it is a hoax by the Onion News so I feel a little better.
edit on 20-5-2011 by UdderlyInsane because: hunting

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

Yep toiler paper is a biggie. Don't forget smokes and lots of booze too

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by UdderlyInsane

No, that wasn't a real broadcast. It was filmed for 'The Onion' news as a part of their parody show.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I have a question, since harrp is designed for mind control, what if they used it to create zombie peoples? Then use the propaganda machine and say it is an outbreak of some kind and cdc gets involved.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

I have a question, since harrp is designed for mind control,

Oh really? I don't suppose you have any solid evidence to back up your claim?

It was to my understanding that HAARP was used for atmospheric research, nothing more nothing less.
edit on 20/5/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Ah yes but I did not say barricade yourself or others in, I said have some sort of base preferably far away from towns or large pockets of zombies were you can set up shop to sort of say. Also on the whole sleeping thing and traveling around, have you ever thought what about if you snore or others in your party snore like a truck while sleeping? I think if your were sleeping somewhere while trying to avoid zombies, that anybodies snoring would attract any zombies who happen to wonder near by in you hidden sleeping spot and can hear the sound.

It would be ridiculous if you went to sleep and started snoring like crazy there by attracting zombies to the sound and when you wake up you have some zombie chewing on your arm or something, it would be one way to go I suppose.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Ya thats the thing, if in real life there actually were some sort of zombies. The likeliest thing wold be some sort of body parasite/virus taking over a human brain. So you then can count out the whole slow moving and totally brain dead zombie that they depict in movies.

I am guessing they would want to spreed whatever is turning them into zombies to others by way of biting and that the virus would use there primal instincts to achieve that, so all these things I wouldn't count on. A zombie being slow, totally stupid, and without there senses. In fact they would probably have all the regular senses a human has but with none of the higher functions but those required to spreed whatever they are infected with. So basically yes they will hunt you down, if it is required and there is no easier prey around.

I mean look at the ants that get taken over by the parasitic fungus's and tape worms, they go trough some complected behavior to get cows to eat them so that the parasite can spreed, so I wouldn't count on them being totally brain dead. And basically while alive they would do whatever it take to spreed whatever is effecting them without sleep and without food till they would of starved to death. And even then the parasite/virus can just tell the infected host zombie to keep a look out for food as well to better increase it's chances of spreading so you never know what will happen, but if it was in real live, and your plan is based by what you seen in the movies, basically you would be dead and turned into a zombie fast.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Well, I don't know about the others in my party, but I've been told that I don't even make a breathing sound when I sleep. My wife (girlfriend at the time) used to check my pulse when we first started spending the night together years ago. I don't even move in my sleep. There are plenty of places you could sleep to stay out of earshot for a few hours. As for basecamp away from large pockets of zombies. Setting up basecamp requires time, and makes a racket. You may not have any zacks in the area when you first picked your honey spot, but soon enough they'll come a knockin'. The best thing to do would be to become a human rat; sleeping in air vents, behind furniture, in closets, and if you can, sleep sitting up, that way you'll never doze too deep. You can also set up alerts to approaching enemies; broken glass or aluminum cans at the entrances, etc.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
Predators migrate with the Prey.

True, but usually thanks to millions of years evolving with each other, and most predators have evolved to eat only meat. We are omnivores, so, any good parasite would steer the host toward eating a balanced diet of whatever could be hunted OR gathered. It just wouldn't be as scary to see crowds of ravenous zombies attacking a fruit tree. I guess anything's possible, for sure. But, such a virus IMO would most likely be cooked up by man, instead of nature...

Interesting subject though.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

edit on 20-5-2011 by 27jd because: duplicate

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
I mean look at the ants that get taken over by the parasitic fungus's and tape worms, they go trough some complected behavior to get cows to eat them so that the parasite can spreed, so I wouldn't count on them being totally brain dead.

I don't think ants are capable of complex thought though, and their brains would probably be much easier to tweak. Plus, as I stated before, that probably didn't just start happening overnight...that parasite probably evolved with the ants, over millions of years and obviously didn't cause an ant zombie apocalypse for ants. Nature usually balances things out.
edit on 20-5-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

They'll be driven to spread to the next host, like the suicidal zombie snail.
[2nd]

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Plus, as I stated before, that probably didn't just start happening overnight...that parasite probably evolved with the ants, over millions of years and obviously didn't cause an ant zombie apocalypse for ants. Nature usually balances things out.

Oh yes those particular parasites has been killing off ants and other bugs for a long long while, and has been evolving with the ants and bugs. But who know maybe nature has something in store for us when we reach certain numbers, I mean sure were much more complicated, and it would take a much more complicated virus to take us out but it can be done.

Besides thats why we have the memetic viruses that gets us to go kill each other on mass every once in a while, oh yes the people don't think that they all have already been invaded by natures little recyclers or as we call them parasites all along, after all they say some percentage of our genome was put there by viruses. Makes one wonder.

As you can see nature has a solution for everything. But I wouldn't count out a human made virus that can turn us into blood crazed zombies a rabies version for human's basically, and I wouldn't even be surprised if the military or others have been working on it or are working on something like that as we speak. I mean stuff like that exists in nature already all you would have to do is see how it works, and is made, then try to change it or make a more complex version of it in order for it to infect humans. And people laugh at the zombie Apocalypse, when all around us are signs of things already making bugs animals and people act like zombies.

Well according to this food chain we are bellow zombies, and aliens are above us and zombies on the food chain.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b10f5dd71e8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
i think the cdc was using reverse psychology on the masses think about it

noone wants to prepare for a hurricane, a tornado or a pandemic.

but when it comes to zombies more people believe the chances are high compared to any other natural disaster.

prepare for a zombie outbreak and your pretty much covered for a myraid of shtf scenarios

take the high ground and make it rain

the lead kind of rain.

and remember people the only good zombie is a deader zombie

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
If Zombies appear from outer space or wherever just do what they did in the movie `The Mummy

IMHOTEP... IMHOTEP... remember, DO NOT ACT OUT OF CHARACTER.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I think they had a very specific target audience in mind.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SamSeed

0:15 second mark.... HAHAHAHAAHAAAA!!!!

edit on 21-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join