It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Actual Plausible Prediction: Indiana Women Will Be Raped By Cops

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
My predicition is based on the Law of Unintended Consequences. The recent Indiana Supreme Court ruling that says one can no longer resist police entry into one's home for any reason at all or for "no reason at all," including an "unlawful" reason. This will result in rapes of Indiana woman and girls. First of all, consider that less than 6% of ALL rapists ever serve a day in jail. Sisty percent of rapes go unreported as it is:

In 1996, more than two-thirds of rape/sexual assaults committed in the nation remained unreported. (Ringel, C. (1997, November). Criminal Victimization in 1996, Changes 1995-1996 with Trends 1993-1996, NCJ-165812, p.3. Washington, DC: Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Department of Justice.)

Less than 5% of rapes are even reported among university students. www.diamondbackonline.com...

Scenario 1:
Off duty cops frequently moonlight as security for night clubs and bars. A cop in a college town takes a particular fancy to a certain woman. Maybe she leaves a bit tipsy by herself, maybe she is stone cold sober. The horny cop follows her home. He casually knocks on her door and given the new law she MUST allow entry. She is alone. He is armed. He proceeds to gag her and then restrains her using his cuffs. Then he rapes her. before leaving he threatens her by saying, "If you report this or tell anyone you are dead."

After he leaves, the woman calls the cops anyway. The cops are reluctant to question one of their own. She presses the case and gets a rape test. DNA is extracted that proves intercourse took place. The cop is brought in for questioning by his peers. He says, "Hey, I met her at the club and we hooked up. It was consensual. She was a bit kinky and wanted to be cuffed. I guess it was a cop fantasy thing."

There is no record of forced entry obviously -- he is a cop so she had to let him in, so sayeth the Court. He was armed. He has the color of law and the backing of the State. She was alone so it's her word against his. In such a case the court invariably chooses to believe the cop. The DA says, "No way I can prosecute this; there is too much uncertainty." Rapes are hard to prove anyway. The cop walks.

Scenario 2: Same thing, but the woman, out of fear of her life does not report the crime. The cop walks to rape again. Sixty percent of rapes are unreported according to this credible site: www.rainn.org... In a case where a cop is the perpetrator, I would submit the percentage would be even far higher.

Scenario 3: A cop happens by a high school bus that has just dropped off pretty girl. Her friends go one direction, she goes the other. He watches where she goes and it is an apartment complex. He knows cop cars are frequent sights in an apartment complex so he parks and goes up to her apartment and knocks quietly. He tells her there was a report of a prowler just moments ago and he wants to check out the place to make sure she is safe. She must open the door. The cop has her stand behind as he checks out the place and notices she is alone. He then "checks" a bedroom closet, with the girl behind him. Once there he draws his gun and tells her to "Shut the f up, not a word or you'll die!" She is terrified, but totally at his mercy. He forces her to undress and makes her perform fallacio, but stops before ejaculation. He then has sex using a condom. As in the other scenarios, he threatens her life if she speaks. Terrified, she says nothing. He makes her shower as he watches. He makes her brush her teeth. Then he leaves, reminding her of his threat. He walks. Even if she tries to say something, there is no evidence, no forced entry, nothing. His is free to rape again, at will.

I could go on and on, but the point being, if a cop wants to do this, he has carte blanche to do so. Woman and girls of Indiana, it is open season on you. Fathers, husbands, sons and brothers -- your daughters, mothers and sister are fodder for the rogue cop (which we know are all to common).

Best of luck to all you Hoosiers. I am sorry to say you will need it.
edit on 18-5-2011 by pajoly because: spelling

edit on 18-5-2011 by pajoly because: spelling, arghh

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
You think this will stop in Indiana?

Dream on.

Why are we sitting idly by? WHY? When will the government have gone too far? When there's no going back?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is a stretch even by ATS standards. That's like saying that because cops are legally allowed to carry guns means they can go around murdering people whenever they feel like it.

There is much that is wrong with this recent ruling, but the threat of rape doesn't even make my top 10 .

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

So your basing your premise that law enforcement in Indiana is riddled with rapists?

I think a more "real" scenario would be some rapist dressed as a cop asking for entry.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
You do know that cops would still be held responsible for the rape charge don't you? Sure they are allowed to go into the house but I didn't notice the law saying they have the right to rape anyone whenever they want.

They have the same chance to rape now if they want to that they will have when this law passes. So if they aren't doing it now what makes you think they will do it afterwards?

Because now they have access to an individuals home? They still will be reported for it you know. And if you think the women won't tell because they are a cop then they could be doing it now.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Very scary, but very true. I wouldn't be surprised if this was just another "unintended" consequence of this unconstitutional supreme court decision. Hopefully a law is written silencing this nonsense from the supreme court.
edit on 18-5-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

A stretch? You think so? A large city has THOUSANDS of police. What do you think are the chances all of them are clean? It only takes one to make this come true.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

A stretch? You think so? A large city has THOUSANDS of police. What do you think are the chances all of them are clean? It only takes one to make this come true.

Well you don't need this law passed in order to find a rapist among thousands of police than do you. Why not just say that in the next year there will be a cop that commits rape.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
You do know that cops would still be held responsible for the rape charge don't you? Sure they are allowed to go into the house but I didn't notice the law saying they have the right to rape anyone whenever they want.

They have the same chance to rape now if they want to that they will have when this law passes. So if they aren't doing it now what makes you think they will do it afterwards?

Because now they have access to an individuals home? They still will be reported for it you know. And if you think the women won't tell because they are a cop then they could be doing it now.

As I said, 60% of rapes go unreported as it is. Among university students, only 5% report it. Raped by a cop with no witnesses, his word against her word? ...and she is buzzed maybe? ...and he threatens her? ...and we all know cops cover for their brothers in blue or at the minimum will take his word over hers. Right, she won't report it.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Use a brain.....

if a cop knocks on your door.......

DON'T OPEN IT!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

"If a cop knocks, don't open the door!"

Apparently you missed the Indiana Supreme Court's ruling: you have to permit entry, for any reason, for no reason at all, even an unlawful reason. You are NOT permitted to refuse entry anymore, period.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
reply to post by pajoly

So your basing your premise that law enforcement in Indiana is riddled with rapists?

I think a more "real" scenario would be some rapist dressed as a cop asking for entry.

I agree.....some criminal's will pose as cops and commit all sorts of crimes....Indiana is just creating more opportunities for the real criminals.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I think that the chances of them being clean are the same as they were before. As I said, allowing entry doesn't create rapists that weren't rapists before. Just as legalizing guns doesn't suddenly create more murderers.

I think one thing that will change is that more cops are going to get shot. If someone suddenly bursts into my house I am not going to assume it's a cop there legally. Rather, I would defend my home first.

And if "only one makes this true" than it is already probably true. I'm sure somewhere in Indiana a cop has raped a woman and it has nothing to do with the court ruling.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
reply to post by pajoly

I don't disagree with this at all either. Both are likely scenarios. I am not saying it will happen frequently, I AM saying it WILL happen and more in Indiana per capita than any other state because of this new ruling. Just my plausible prediction. What about my opening post is not plausible?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

reply to post by bluemirage5

"If a cop knocks, don't open the door!"

Apparently you missed the Indiana Supreme Court's ruling: you have to permit entry, for any reason, for no reason at all, even an unlawful reason. You are NOT permitted to refuse entry anymore, period.

Not true, just because the supreme court ruled it doesn't make it a universal law. This was their ruling in this particular case, so in the future, this is how they would rule on similar cases. This does not force the legislative branches of cities or states to follow along, and it certainly can be challenged by the other branches of government under the constitution. However, with this ruling, corrupt police departments have more room to grow unfortunately.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

This ruling won't turn cops into rapists. Your bar scenario is that of an offduty officer who I wouldn't let in the house. Call the cops on him. Hell if a lone cop comes to your door call 9-11 on his butt if he wants in. That will stop anything from a lone vagrant cop trying to gain entry to commit a crime which I highly doubt will now spike because of this ruling either. I havn't read the entire ruling but I don't think they have the right to kick the door down if you don't answer.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Antoine Dodson - Bed Intruder Song

www.youtube.com...

Also, I think it is a bit of a stretch what you are talking about.
edit on 5/18/2011 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It doesn't matter if the law specifically leads to rapes in particular. What it DOES do is open the door for abuses of every kind.

A revolution was fought for this. How quickly we forget.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

Oh I agree. I'm sure this will be appealed to the supremes and thrown out. There is a fourth amendment or was last I checked. Who knows anymore the way the big paper is used as TP anymore by those in power.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
OMG....I am so SICK of these obscene posts.

Here is a plausible prediction: Women are raped on a daily basis in Indaina by CRIMINALS who don't give a rip what the laws are about entering your home. The POLICE are the ones that try and stop them and bring them to justice when it happens.

If you have an issue with a new statute or law, there are ways to go about protesting it. To draw it out to say police are now going to use this as an excuse to enter your home while you are sleeping to rape you? Talk about paranoid BS. Are there bad cops? Sure. But the majority of them have a much higher moral ruler than the general public.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join