It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atmosphere Above Japan Heated Rapidly Before M9 Earthquake

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
source - www.technologyreview.com...

[image from article]

excerpt:

They say that before the M9 earthquake, the total electron content of the ionosphere increased dramatically over the epicentre, reaching a maximum three days before the quake struck. At the same time, satellite observations showed a big increase in infrared emissions from above the epicentre, which peaked in the hours before the quake. In other words, the atmosphere was heating up. These kinds of observations are consistent with an idea called the Lithosphere-Atmosphere-Ionosphere Coupling mechanism. The thinking is that in the days before an earthquake, the great stresses in a fault as it is about to give cause the releases large amounts of radon.

Interesting stuff... I'll just leave this here and let you all do the rest...
link to arXiv paper: arxiv.org...
edit: added arXiv link
edit on 18-5-2011 by tetsuo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Someone needs to put HAARP under investigation like NOW!!!!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Man us conspiracy theorists are always wrong huh??? HAARP couldn't do this...NO WAY......right???

I have been singing the HAARP since it happened....When someone shuts down their site and will not respond to any questions, they are guilty 9 times out of 10...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I see nothing in the article about HAARP. Other than that, it is very interesting.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This article is talking about the atmosphere's response TO the earthquake...not leading to the cause of it.

If you are trying to link this change in direct correlation you should also provide evidence of atmospheric changes having the ability to cause earthquakes but there is no evidence for that.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baldryck

I see nothing in the article about HAARP. Other than that, it is very interesting.

Look into HAARP bud....Then come back and read your post again. Thanks

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I really wonder if there will ever be another major earthquake that is not blamed on HAARP. Heaven forbid science make advancments in the name of research and understanding. Nope. Must be evil doings afoot.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
HAARP heats up the atmosphere, that would explain why the area over the EPICENTRE of the EQ was hotter, cause it had HAARP poitnting right at it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
why use haarp on japan so that most of the radioactiv crap land on alaska and west coast of america ,

isnt it a bit stupid to kill of the cash cow that provides the credit for tptb, in this case the us it self , ?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
People here usually don't bother with the WHY part of the question i've noticed.

Let's not forget that there have been earthquakes for 6 billion years or so before humans were here but now everything has a cause outside the natural order of things.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Originally posted by Baldryck

Look into HAARP bud....Then come back and read your post again. Thanks

I have read up on HAARP... bud... and was merely stating that the article never mentions HAARP. Not sure where the disconnect is.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

I'm not saying I believe HAARP is responsible but if depopulation is the PTB's goal then it makes sense. I'm reserving judgment until we see what happens with New Madrid. If their is a major earthquake there and we get this ionospheric heating as well. Then as a great idiot once said, "Fool me once... Shame on... Shame on you... Fool me... You can't get fooled again!"

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
so wHAt cAn heat the atmospheRe so raPidly like that? anyone hear any music playing or is that just me?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

considering that the mass of all humans on this planet can fit in a small lake by volume makes me wonder if depopulation is the main thing on their mind ,

id say a blind eye made this happen , i have yet to understand that why would a nation built around a volcano not take advantage of natural ground heat and turn it in to electricity , building nuke facilities on a land slide isnt the best thing in the long run , one can but wonder , they even had to build a sinking airport , beats me..

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

Try reading the paper. Nah, never mind. That's hard.

Briefly, the primary process is the ionization of the air produced by an increased emanation of radon (and other gases) from the Earth’s crust in the vicinity of active fault (Toutain and Baubron, 1998; Omori et al., 2007; Ondoh, 2009). The increased radon emanation launches the chain of physical processes, which leads to changes in the conductivity of the air and a latent heat release (increasing air temperature) due to water molecules attachment (condensation) to ions (Pulinets et al., 2007; Cervone et al., 2006; Prasad et al., 2005).

arxiv.org...

edit on 5/18/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Even in what tetsuo quoted, you can see that the heating occurred before the earthquake, but yes, in the paper they say it's caused by geodynamics and it's not the atmosphereic heat causing the earthquake.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Thankyou! As SOON as I saw the word ionosphere....I could hear it already. Oooops....gotta run, the food on my stove is burning....it must be HAARP damn them!!

edit on 5/18/2011 by StealthyKat because: oops

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
I really wonder if there will ever be another major earthquake that is not blamed on HAARP. Heaven forbid science make advancments in the name of research and understanding. Nope. Must be evil doings afoot.

When HAARP is disabled and their black ops satanic equipment is smashed to smitherines, we'll know that earthquakes are natural occurrences once again.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This is agood a source as it gets and maybe will lead to the ability to warn of possible earthquakes with some measure of accuracy a few days prior. So that alone makes this compelling information and news; S&F for you. So let's you good atmosphere geeks (I say that in a positive tone) keep an eye on anomalous atmospheric heating. Does anyone know of such a site that reports on this type data?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

the russians may have a "haarp" as well, dont you thing? and a motiv too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join