It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antartica : explosion in Neumayer Research Obesrvatory.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
www.awi.de...
Maybe nothing important, but i wonder if we can connect this to transformers explosions.
Maybe it's just an incident like many in this world. Just posting this if it can be useful for future.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

ahh you beat me to it! you might as well do a better post than this if your going to be making threads.

maybe even attach the gif? do i gotta everything here?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Why do you want to try and connect this to transformers exploding in a completely different part of the world? Not everything is connected.

That is one cold and desolate place omg! I hope nobody was hurt. It shows a fire and explosion.

+3 more 
posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen

ahh you beat me to it! you might as well do a better post than this if your going to be making threads.

maybe even attach the gif? do i gotta everything here?

Please step off your high horse. They are a newer member, maybe they don't know HOW to do it. I sure as hell don't and I have been here a while. Not everyone knows how to make gifs or post pics. Instead of insulting them and inflating your own ego why not tell them how to do it. Also that link is just a video, maybe there isn't anything else...Did you ever think of that?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
this thread will be deleted soon. Start at frame 53 and select step. It's not exactly an explosion.

link   
this thread will be deleted soon. Start at frame 53 and select step. It's not exactly an explosion.

link   

link   

link   
I saw a bright light in the first half of the images, followed by a venting of steam from a stack on the roof in front of another light, yes there was bright lights, but i didnt see anything like an explosion, only light refraction in the steam or over exposure on the camera...
i watched it a few times..
the center of the first light lines up with the pole underneath the building..

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
raah internet connection is in difficulty.
Sorry for these many posts

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It looks like when you click the timer thing to

15:00 UTC it starts to show the fire inside. (91/144)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaTouffe

The entire things is on fire! It is something...I have been looking at the link you posted and each frame is about 10 secs apart. It is still a pretty big fire in the middle of nowhere. I hope nobody was hurt...Wonder what it was.. So far I can't find anything.

It wont be deleted

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog
I saw a bright light in the first half of the images, followed by a venting of steam from a stack on the roof in front of another light, yes there was bright lights, but i didnt see anything like an explosion, only light refraction in the steam or over exposure on the camera...
i watched it a few times..
the center of the first light lines up with the pole underneath the building..

Go to the frames we both mentioned and click start. The entire thing is engulfed in flames inside.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

no i alerted moderators to do that but finally some of you are interested in !!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

yeah i did look at those frames , but it looks like it might just be the lights, its so hard to tell.
unless some sort of report comes out saying fire, i cant get past the fact it might just be lights turning on automatically. as its just before it gets dark and the camera goes to black and white at night..
the more i watch it , the more i think lights, as the color frames realitive brightness of the lights stays the same though out the night frames after they turn on, watch how bright the side windows on the right stay.
and the steam from the foof is there in the day frames , its just hard to see untill the lights come on..

dont get me wrong, im not sure what it is.. but to say its a fire just from that.. well i wouldnt call it just yet.
if it was a fire , i would have expected more commotion around the building in the frames after it..
edit on 17-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

lol, excuse me for attempting to push people into improving the quality of their posts. and guess what, no one tought me how to embed stuff or make gifs. Did that all my own thank you.

so actually, no, I will continue to push people to put more work into their threads. Unlike you im not content with mediocrity. If it were up to people like you, we'd still be cavemen

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Just so you know, you don't get to just delete your thread if you feel people aren't interested.

And we are interested. It's just that you've given no story to follow or speculate on, regarding this explosion. It would have been nice if there was more info here. And how did you find this slideshow? Did someone send it to you, do you follow this neumayer station, what's the story? And what do transformers have to do with this?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
In defense of the OP here, there simply is NO further information out there on this that I could find. No written story to accompany the slide show the OP presented. In an area such as this, I would think that written or verbal communication by a news source would be slow in showing itself.

I hope if there was anyone in there they are OK. I'm wondering what the vehicles were doing there once they showed up. I'll be watching to see if any more information shows up for this one.

By the way, I think the time sequence is every 10 minutes and not every 10 seconds. If it was in seconds then those vehicles would be incredibly fast!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
image of sever fire :
www.imagebam.com...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

I would have to agree with you. Frame 59 is in black and white, while frame 60 is in colour, making it appear as if orange lights (or flames) have appeared in the windows. In the frames that lead up to 92, you can clearly see snow blowing, which would certainly mask anything being vented from the station. But, then, in frame 92, lights are turned on at the top of the station, illuminating the smoke or whatever it is being vented. Of course, they're orange lights (just like those inside the station), so the smoke lights up orange, making it look like an explosion. In fact, in frame 92, it's easiest to see that it's lights illuminating the smoke from behind... it's almost invisible from where it's coming out from the station, but it's brightly lit as it passes in front of where the lights are (one of which can be clearly seen). They continue venting until frame 128.

As far as I can tell, there was no explosion.
Good catch, though, LaTouffe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join