It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Warned Not To Misuse Anti-Terror Laws To Round Up Innocent People

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Police Warned Not To Misuse Anti-Terror Laws To Round Up Innocent People

www.independent.c o.uk

Police must avoid the "temptation" to abuse anti-terrorism laws by using them as a net to round up innocent people – particularly in the run-up to next year's Olympics, the Government's terrorism watchdog has warned.

David Anderson QC, the independent reviewer of terrorism legislation, cautioned police while ruling yesterday that six men arrested during the papal visit last year were never involved in any plot to kill the Pope.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
London Olympics 2012 : Zion : Alien Agenda Exposed!!
The London Olympics Mascot - 1984
Iran objects to 2012 London Olympics logo, Say emblem is racist, spells the word "Zion"
2012 Movie - Subliminal message - London Olympics False Flag

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Well, I can hear people now, "here comes the next False-Flag Operation".

Although I am tempted to outline the Hegelian Dialectic.

Considering the United Kingdom is one of those countries which perfected it.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Dialectic : Hegelian Dialectic

Hegelian dialectic, usually presented in a threefold manner, was stated by Heinrich Moritz Chalybäus as comprising three dialectical stages of development: a thesis, giving rise to its reaction, an antithesis, which contradicts or negates the thesis, and the tension between the two being resolved by means of a synthesis.

Although this model is often named after Hegel, he himself never used that specific formulation.

Hegel ascribed that terminology to Kant.

Carrying on Kant's work, Fichte greatly elaborated on the synthesis model, and popularized it.

On the other hand, Hegel did use a three-valued logical model that is very similar to the antithesis model, but Hegel's most usual terms were: Abstract-Negative-Concrete.

Sometimes Hegel would use the terms, Immediate-Mediated-Concrete.

Hegel used these terms hundreds of times throughout his works.

The formula, Thesis-Antithesis-Synthesis, does not explain why the Thesis requires an Antithesis.

However, the formula, Abstract-Negative-Concrete, suggests a flaw in any initial thesis—it is too abstract and lacks the negative of trial, error and experience.

The same applies to the formula, Immediate-Mediated-Concrete.

For Hegel, the Concrete, the Synthesis, the Absolute, must always pass through the phase of the Negative, that is, Mediation.

This is the actual essence of what is popularly called Hegelian Dialectics.

Sounds like the perfect place for "terrorism" or "synthetic terror".

www.independent.c o.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Yes, this should stop them. (sarcastic)

Watch out people... Here they come.

As in any case. This is a great law in the beginning as the cops use it correctly (usually).

Then, someone Smart Guy decides to push the useage of the law and the next thing you know... it is being done everywhere.

What Starange and Odd times we are forced to live in.

If we would just fight the Terrorist as we should (Hunt and Kill them all-no mercy) then we could all go back to the good old days-pre 9-11.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

The problem is that overzealous Government will abuse this and any terror laws.

First, they began linking all violent crimes, then it was repeat offenders, last anyone.

Anyone who disagrees with Government.

Anyone who disagrees with domestic policy.

Anyone who disagree with foreign policy.

Pretty much anyone who questions the status-quo.

If it were not for covert wars many terrorist's would never have happened.

It makes one wonder if the covert wars were started for deniability.

Or to start more wars with questionable funding and un-ending warfare as motive.
edit on 5/17/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I find it quite sad and disturbing that a police officer would have to be told not to harass or round up innocent people.

2nd

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Wonder how many people are doing to DIE from policing in the Olympics

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
They've been using terrorism in San Bernardino County as a crime deterrent for years.
If they use the word terrorism in the report,they can hold you for 30days without bail.

They can let you out earlier then that if they "feel" like it.

They used to threaten people with that all the time.

So I heard.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
IDIOTS! THE LOT OF THEM!!
They think they can just say back down and everything will be fine and *#&@ing dandy!?! THESE FOOLS DESERVE THE SPIKED IRON FIST FROM HELL THAT IS COMING TO THEM!!!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Best way to deal with this, boycott the Olympics or everybody VIDEO EVERYTHING the police do.

Watch it on TV if need but make the UK an embarassment like India, EMPTY STADIUMS.
edit on 17-5-2011 by zookey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

I find it quite sad and disturbing that a police officer would have to be told not to harass or round up innocent people.

That would be sad but it isn't happening. Basically, the review says that police forces should be careful not to overreact during large events when there is an increased security threat.

The Independent mentions the police response during the Pope's visit immediately after the "rounding up innocent people" nonsense as if the police had done something wrong, but the review says that they had acted lawfully and appropriately and should act similarly in future.

Originally posted by sliceNodice
They think they can just say back down and everything will be fine and *#&@ing dandy!?! THESE FOOLS DESERVE THE SPIKED IRON FIST FROM HELL THAT IS COMING TO THEM!!!

Calm down dear
edit on 17/5/11 by Soshh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

2nd

So do I.

One would think that innocent people were just that, innocent, before being guilty.

Most people think putting the cart before the horse is rather ignorant.

Originally posted by zookey

Wonder how many people are doing to DIE from policing in the Olympics

Let us hope none die during the Olympics for any reason.

Whether we're addressing policing the crowds or during competition.

No one needs to die during these games.

Originally posted by niceguybob
They've been using terrorism in San Bernardino County as a crime deterrent for years.
If they use the word terrorism in the report,they can hold you for 30days without bail.

They can let you out earlier then that if they "feel" like it.

They used to threaten people with that all the time.

So I heard.

Is this something you can elaborate on more thoroughly?

It would be an abuse of Civil Rights if so.

Otherwise it is hearsay and nothing more than a rumor.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice

Can you be a tad more specific, please?

Sorry, which particular people are you calling idiots, because you're being vague here.

Thanks for the coming clarification.

Originally posted by zookey
Best way to deal with this, boycott the Olympics or everybody VIDEO EVERYTHING the police do.

Watch it on TV if need but make the UK an embarassment like India, EMPTY STADIUMS.
edit on 17-5-2011 by zookey because: (no reason given)

Of course.

How likely do you see that happening though?

Not sure how it would work.

reply to post by Soshh

All it takes though is one overzealous individual within Law Enforcement.

Those same people they would decry outside in the civilian crowd do it.

So too are there overzealous people within Government.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Can someone please tell me, what the heck a terrorist looks like? I mean, how does a police officer 'spot' one? Does the terrorist wear a shirt that says: "I am a terrorist"? Also, how come no one has arrested government officials for their acts of terrorism; or are they exempt from the rules? Wouldn't a "terrorist" be one who instills fear, in another person/persons?

Terror, from the Latin verb terrere meaning "to frighten". The goal of terror is to inspire dread and to paralyze the will to resist the objectives of the perpetrator.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
Can someone please tell me, what the heck a terrorist looks like? I mean, how does a police officer 'spot' one? Does the terrorist wear a shirt that says: "I am a terrorist"? Also, how come no one has arrested government officials for their acts of terrorism; or are they exempt from the rules? Wouldn't a "terrorist" be one who instills fear, in another person/persons?

Terror, from the Latin verb terrere meaning "to frighten". The goal of terror is to inspire dread and to paralyze the will to resist the objectives of the perpetrator.

So glad you asked that.

The vague and innocuous wording, the vague and innocuous language of law, and the vague and innocuous finger-pointing sure does leave it up to someone's imagination, more so than any one person can confine what a "terrorist" is in fact.

This is done specifically so as to make each country define it towards a common goal.

Because each and every country has a different meaning for different words it works.

Remember, according to the Hegelian Dialectic, abstract starts the principle.

Remember, according to the Hegelian Dialectic, negative reinforces the principle.

Remember, according to the Hegelian Dialectic, concrete cements the principle.

And this is when, where, and why it becomes a solidified law.
edit on 5/17/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

They were rounding up innocent people before the Royal wedding, whether they were using anti terror laws Im not certain, but a number of individuals were rounded up prior to the Royal wedding.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Thing is police get instructions on how the laws are intented to work and how to use them all the time. By the time they've tied their shoes they have forgotten them.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Thing is police get instructions on how the laws are intented to work and how to use them all the time. By the time they've tied their shoes they have forgotten them.

According to Police Academy training one way is taught.

Then the Training Officer un-teaches all of those things taught.

Thereby negating anything ever learned according to training.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
"Is this something you can elaborate on?"

Let me put it this way. Why would I? Have I personally seen and heard of this type of behavior?

Absolutly. Would I care to elaborate? NO.. Do I have court records that may show proof tucked away?

Mayyyyybe.

This is a public forum. Things are just fine for me. No sense ruffling anyones feathers direct.

LOL..You going to call ACLU? Yeah...That'll help.

Here's a snippet about California law...Makes no reference to terroism threats..but real non-the-less.
www.shouselaw.com...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
"Is this something you can elaborate on?"

Let me put it this way. Why would I? Have I personally seen and heard of this type of behavior?

Absolutly. Would I care to elaborate? NO.. Do I have court records that may show proof tucked away?

Mayyyyybe.

This is a public forum. Things are just fine for me. No sense ruffling anyones feathers direct.

LOL..You going to call ACLU? Yeah...That'll help.

Here's a snippet about California law...Makes no reference to terroism threats..but real non-the-less.
www.shouselaw.com...

And not ruffling feathers through apathy is exactly what keeps the status-quo.

Yes, a public forum, where anonymity is the usual standard.

Me call the A.C.L.U.?

How do you know I'm not already affiliated with them?

I'm not stating I am but you just never know.

Ruffling feathers, making waves, rocking the boat is the only way to change things.

Otherwise you create more problems by doing nothing.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
S & F

But isnt this sort of like the fox guarding the hen-house?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join