It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Troops, NATO Helicopters Clash at Border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Pakistan Troops, NATO Helicopters Clash at Border

www.bloomberg.com

Two helicopters of the U.S.-led NATO force in Afghanistan entered Pakistani airspace, triggering a firefight that injured two soldiers at a border post, Pakistan’s military said in statement today.

Pakistan troops in the North Waziristan tribal region shot at the aircraft and were injured in a return of fire, according to a text message sent to reporters by Inter-Services Public Relations, the press office at Pakistan’s army headquarters in Rawalpindi. The army has lodged a “strong protest” with NATO’s International Security Assistance Force, the statement said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com
www.news.com.au
www.washingtonpost.com[editb y]edit on 17-5-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
So the Bin Laden raid fallout continues. This comes one day after Senator John Kerry called the U.S. (NATO)-Pakistan relationship "at a critical point".

I don't think two forces opening fire on each other is a show of trust and respect to each other.

It is also worth noting that the President of Pakistan is headed to China later this week to discuss strengthening ties between the two countries.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
America are clearly trying to provoke Pakistan into a war, its plain to see, of course they are looking to China for help, where else can they go !? everyone else is in Americas pockets ! Or run by the US behind the scenes.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This is all like a real life game of Risk. I can't wait to hear how all this pans out.
What if Pakistan copped some info from the fallen chopper, that would be HUGE for the Chinese.

edit on 17-5-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
America want a war, badly don't they?

Give it to them!

Jamie.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanishr
America are clearly trying to provoke Pakistan into a war, its plain to see, of course they are looking to China for help, where else can they go !? everyone else is in Americas pockets ! Or run by the US behind the scenes.

"everyone else" is in america's pocket? Ha I'm suprised they can afford anyone let alone anything anymore!
I think there is a majority completely against the U.S now. Pakistan seems pissed, china's pissed, I'm sure there are others. Everyone is waiting for the SHTF moment but if you compare where the world stood @ Y2k compared to today that proverbial $&@T has definatly hit the fan and it's encircled the globe!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie
America want a war, badly don't they?

Give it to them!

Jamie.

ya careful what you wish for while I'm no fan of the fascist imperialistic thing the USA has become Im not so sure anyone else would do a better job or at least leave canada mostly alone

This is certainly them trying desperately to start another world war TBTP's game is crumbling people are seeing the system for the sham it is more and more and demanding accountability and taking power back into their own hands.

edit on 17-5-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Pakistan and Israel have always imo been the most likely spots for that tiny spark that turns the region and world into a raging inferno. This seems like a small incident all in all that will bring strong words but no real strong action, but i still believe the above to be true. And yes i know the thread has nothing to do with Israel but just a point i was making.
edit on 17-5-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

No worries..... The story always leads back to Israel and the US... Time and time again, the US and Israel have been and will be blamed for the world problems...

Everyone wants the US to butt out, until THEY want us to help...

I say we close all bases, remove all troops, protect our own.... Stay to ourselves, cut off all aid (WHY THE %^&# do we send anyone aid, when our books are all RED???

Keep our soldiers, keep our money, employ our soldiers to rebuild our infrastructure...

Keep to our selves, only get involved, if we are directly attacked... When this happens.... The gloves are off, we come in destroy your military COMPLETELY.... Now your land and resources are ours, If you dont like it GTFO NOW!

I am sick of this.. I can not wait for WW3 .. there are to many idiots running around on this rock.. Clear the slate and start from scratch!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestyka

I dont mean in a sense of ameriKa has Bought them or anything like that, im saying There plenty of 'THINGS' the US can threaten other countries/people with to get what they want.

As for Pakistan, it just all screams false flag & how the MSM are Hypeing the TENSIONS between the countries so much, it makes it seem even more suspicious. Just my 2 cents.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestyka

"everyone else" is in america's pocket? Ha I'm suprised they can afford anyone let alone anything anymore!
I think there is a majority completely against the U.S now. Pakistan seems pissed, china's pissed, I'm sure there are others. Everyone is waiting for the SHTF moment but if you compare where the world stood @ Y2k compared to today that proverbial $&@T has definatly hit the fan and it's encircled the globe!

I see things the same way, many countries are starting to see that the U.S. will stop at nothing to get what it wants, and is ruthless to boot. Our troops are 7000 miles away from our home country and instead of being diplomatic when breaching a sovereign countries border they open fire.

One day Pakistan is going to get fed up and either blow a chopper out of the air or expel all U.S. personnel from the country.

As to your other point, yeah all these European protests and Arab uprisings are all going to come to a head, and I believe that civil unrest is not far from America

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

As for Pakistan, it just all screams false flag & how the MSM are Hypeing the TENSIONS between the countries so much, it makes it seem even more suspicious. Just my 2 cents.

I would give you 10 starts if I could, you took the words right out of my mouth. I have been noticing that the MSM has been neglecting the Libyan "Military action" but pumping up all this "strained Pakistan relationship" stuff. Im not sure about a FF, but they might be preparing us for Pakistan to "change teams" so to speak.

The U.S. should scrap them anyways and begin growing a better relationship with India. Much more promise there IMHO

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Well what do they expect.... Pakistan has every right to defend itself against a foreign war machine entering their country.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Same to you sir, All were hearing over here in the UK about Libya, is how there issuing an Arrest Warrant for Gaddafi and his son ? Im not sure whats really been happening in Libya, But from what ive read about how the Quality of life use to be for citizens and how *well* looked after the citizens were, Why would Gaddafi be commiting all these *atrocities* it just doesnt add up, if the people are living better there than in some Western countries, why are they revolting ?

I dont really believe anything about all these *crimes* Gaddafi has *committed* It could well be true and for some reason hes done all these horrible things, Or it could all just be lies to justify invading a country to replace there leadership and take over all there assets, Including the Oil and Gold, When i heard Gaddaffi was planning on getting out of oil $ and planning on selling it via a gold backed currency, then the next thing you hear hes got an uprising and hes doing all these horrible things, Then suddenly the UK, France & the US are Invading and bombing the country. All far too convenient for me.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Here we go again - Maybe!

Kinda laughed at the fact they opened fire on the aircraft but were injured by return fire. Guess their aim was a little off. Can imagine it now:

2 Pakistani soldiers see helicopters/air-planes and decide to shoot.

A10's or Apache's
return fire! (not that I am saying these were what were shot at but for amusements sake lets assume)

Pakistani solders deeply regret shooting at aircraft

I know its not funny how this could develop but it tickled me when I read they fired and were injured by return fire...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
God bless America eh? Here we go again. Makes me sick to my stomach to be British.Hanging on the tail of the bloated American Fascist war machine. Listening to the BBC morons spouting lie after lie. What has become of us, its shameful. Who are the nazis now? Oh look its us!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Here we go again - Maybe!

Kinda laughed at the fact they opened fire on the aircraft but were injured by return fire. Guess their aim was a little off. Can imagine it now:

2 Pakistani soldiers see helicopters/air-planes and decide to shoot.

A10's or Apache's return fire! (not that I am saying these were what were shot at but for amusements sake lets assume)

It is clear you did not read one of the many articles I posted, because you would see that the Pakistani soldiers were firing warning shots toward the helicopters that were encroaching onto its land. The choppers then returned fire, not aiming to kill (because I'm sure they knew that Pakistani forces were firing) but just to show that they did not appreciate being indiscriminately fired upon.

Both sides are at fault, the U.S. should not of been in the Pakistani territory, and the groud troops should have known the repercussions of firing on an American gunship.

Of course I don't believe we should be there in the first place but that point is moot......

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
More Conditioning, It's a tactic that they have used for centuries,

They need the people to give reason for 'Attacking' or as they may call if 'Defending'

The Alleged 'Osama Kill' May be the False Flag

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Actually buddy I did read it but was trying for a bit of humor which clearly was fail.

/*gets coat

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

NM wrong thread

edit on 17-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join