It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: The Milk Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
From Ron Paul's website.

Source

The Milk Police
On April 20th, after a year-long undercover sting operation, armed federal agents acting on behalf of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) raided the business of Pennsylvanian Amish farmer Dan Allgyer to prevent him from selling his unpasteurized milk to willing, fully-informed customers in Maryland. Federal agents wasted a whole year and who knows how many of our tax dollars posing as customers in order to catch Allgyer committing the "crime" of selling his milk. He was not tricking people into buying it, he was not forcing people to purchase it, and there had been no complaints about his product. These were completely voluntary transactions, but ones that our nanny-state federal government did not approve of, and so they shut down his business. The arrogance of the FDA and so many other federal agencies is simply appalling. These types of police state raids on peaceful businessmen, so reminiscent of our tyrannical federal drug war, have no place in a free society.

The FDA claims its regulatory powers over food safety give it the authority to ban the interstate sales of raw milk, but this is an unconstitutional misapplication of the commerce clause for legislative ends. As we have seen, if the executive branch feels hamstrung by the fact that our framers placed lawmaking authority in the Legislative Branch, they simply make their own laws and call them "regulations." We all know how the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) uses such bogus regulation authority to harass, hinder, and shut down countless other legitimate businesses. Sadly, Congress has been far too lax for far too long as the executive branch continues to encroach on its areas of responsibility and thereby undermines our system of government.

It is so deeply refreshing to the soul to hear someone bringing common sense and integrity to these discussions.

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

edit on 5/17/2011 by tothetenthpower because: Added link and EX Tags..Mod Note

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Just another RIGHT that the US GOV is trying to take away, its coming..........

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Man, this is why the good doctor makes so much sense. If he would just ditch the whole rhetoric about laissez faire he'd have the biggest cheerleader right here. I just can't trust corporations to "do the right thing" after working for one.
Back on topic, here in Georgia, we have a huge underground for unpasteurized milk. All you need to do is go to a farmers market and not be a cop.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

You arent supposed to "trust" corporations to do the right thing.

You're supposed to give them hell when they dont with protest and boycott.

Not send them a nice letter with a invoice for a bribe to make it all go away they way our current government does it.

Government insulates corporations from taking responsibility.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
After Obama, I don't know if I can trust any politician. He promised the war to be over and bring our troops home and change we can believe in. It was all bogus, that's why my brother and brother-in-law were deployed overseas.
I hope Ron Paul is not just talk, but actually does some good changes for America.

It is silly that the government cares about how the milk is processed, people buy fresh eggs all the time, whats the difference between fresh eggs and milk?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenfox83

It is silly that the government cares about how the milk is processed, people buy fresh eggs all the time, whats the difference between fresh eggs and milk?

Shhhhh.... maybe they dont know.

Now every house with a "fresh eggs $2.00" sign will get raided by the feds. Thanks a lot.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Much agreed. According to Paul's stance...we need to let business regulate itself. No government intervention whether it be the pollutants spewed or third world wages. I was speaking to that affect and how detrimental it is for everyone. Sorry I came off wrong. I did only use two sentences.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

No government intervention whether it be the pollutants spewed or third world wages.

Fair concerns, but you also have to remember that Paul takes a very strong stand on property rights and addressing any pollution, etc., through the courts (as no one has the right to destroy, pollute, or harm another's property), and that companies paying stupidly low wages would likely be offset by the influx of small businesses we'd likely see wanting to pick up skilled help now that they can afford to stay in business and innovate things since all the regulations strangling them at behest of big businesses (usually the only one who actually benefit from all the niggling regulations as they can afford to meet the requirements and hence drive smaller or new competition out of the market) would be a BIG target for Paul.

Definitely things to weigh, but I'd like to say americans were likely more prosperous before all the government regulation, intervention, and minimum wage laws, etc., kicked in (I'm not an expert on this and have not put in much research - can any political/historical wizards jump in to confirm or disprove?). On a side note, if you look at where minimum wage started out and where it (and wages in general are now) is now as was not pegged to inflation - you're GETTING paid third-world wages, effectively, once the US cost of living and everything else is factored in.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Here's the video for people who no like to read:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I wonder if it is against the law to have your own cow,
for fresh milk,chickens' for fresh eggs?
If I remember right...isn't there a law now about growing
your own food?
Control the food and you control the people.This has been
proven to work very well with my cats!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Ron Paul is the man.

Another sign that he should be the man leading our country, but alas those who control all; will never allow it.

Hopefully Ron can wake up some other politicians into making the right changes for this country (that won't be easy, lol).

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Now every house with a "fresh eggs $2.00" sign will get raided by the feds. Thanks a lot.

Shhhh…don’t give them any ideas? I have a sign like that on the road.

I sell free range organic eggs for $2 a dozen. Saw a show on Modern Marvels some guys in California get $8 a dozen for free range organic eggs. However, I bet they are commercial and have a lot of overhead to go by the rules. I pretty much break even on eggs, which means I just get the fun of raising the chickens and eat all the fresh eggs we want for basically free.

I have a dairy operation and I don’t pasteurize and or process my own milk because for me to build the facilities to standard to get the license it would cost me about $50-100k.

It would take me 20 years to make back that cost at my current profit margin. Even factoring in the wholesale retail differential. I sell to a collection tank operation and get 2.20 a gallon for cow milk and 3.90 for goat milk – unpasteurized. It sits in a cool tank and they come every two days to get it.

I do; however, sell about 20-30 gallons a week to some locals who want it (they bring their own glass containers) but I have a sticker I made that allows me to put the date on and a FOR ANIMAL CONSUMPTION ONLY on there. I sell it for $3. Its silly all the winking and nodding neccessary for people to get a good fresh product they want for $1-1.50 less than grocery prices. As the retail price goes up and the word gets out my customer base grows. On the advice of my lawyer I even have had to make them sign a one time agreement that says they only use it for animal consumption. Stupid laws.

I grew up on raw milk and I’m fine – never even heard of anyone getting sick off raw milk. I think people have consumed raw unpasteurized dairy for a lot longer than we have.

It’s a good way to increase the shelf life for distribution but in no way is it any of the governments business what I sell or to whom if they want it.

edit on 17/5/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by wcitizen

I wonder if it is against the law to have your own cow,
your own food?

Lol, I like the analogy - and it hits the nail on the head exactly.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabethI wonder if it is against the law to have your own cow,
your own food?

Yeah, there is actually. In some states people were getting around the law by selling shares in the cow and therefore the milk the people were entitled to through the purchase of their shares wasn't subject to the rules.

So the states just outlawed the selling of shares in livestock. As far as I know you have to own the whole cow to be entitled to consume the milk from it. Here we have some co-ops in which you buy in and every week you get a "share" of whatever is produced. I'm sure they will outlaw those soon.

Control the food control the people.

However, I have to say we pretty much did it to ourselves with our rampant litigiousness...without all the crazy suits the legislation would have likely never come about.

Welcome to AmeriKa.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
When I read about this on Infowars today it sickened me. I'd like to say I can't believe it, but this kind of legislation and behavior is all too predictable these days. Good to hear about the 'animal milk' and eggs you're selling Golf66! Makes me less ashamed to be human when I hear what people like you are doing. Great to hear Ron Paul getting behind this, and many other things like industrial hemp production. Even though I disagree with some of his philosophy, he's still leaving it up to individual states to decide what they think is best for them, seems like every day there's more about Ron to agree with.

More about crazy legislation and government out of control...
My girlfriend works in a an independent whole-food/organic store and recently there has been a change in product labels because of the law. Oil of oregano (Origanum Vulgare) has many health benefits and can be used to help fight off infections: Oil of Oregano

On the label it used to say: '1-3 drops a day in water or juice'

Now it says to put it on your salad, which wouldn't be very pleasant (not like typical oregano) and it's really not what it's intended for... What kind of bull defecation is that?! These laws are getting out of control. Something tells me its big pharma (who has increasing and disgusting ties with government) trying to eradicate the uprising of natural (and effective) remedies as people turn away from their synthetic lies intended to keep people diseased in order to profit off of them. I live in Canada, but I assume it's much the same in the US, or will be if it isn't already, especially with all this talk of 'harmonization' of our countries. Makes me sick. It's nothing but a fascist, police-state take-over.

top topics

join