It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya is US, China's battleground, US trying to Evict China.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I've not heard about this theory properly until now and taking everything in to consideration is sounds very plausable...

US/NATO are not after gaddafi
US/NATO dont care about the people

US/NATO are trying to REMOVE CHINA / RUSSIA by taking control of the oil fields.

After you watch the video it makes a lot of sense

The US seeks control of Libyan oil facilities in order to push China and Russia out of the Mediterranean in its quest for world hegemony, says an analyst.

BEIJING: China has called for an immediate ceasefire in Libya, in its stand that force will not resolve the conflict; but analysts say China is also extremely concerned about its investments in Libya.

Since the political unrest erupted in Libya, over 36,000 Chinese have been evacuated.

Chinese companies have either withdrawn or ceased operations, putting at stake over US$18.8 billion of Chinese investments, mainly in the energy and construction sectors.

Interview from Today with Dr. Paul Craig Roberts, former assistant Secretary to the US Treasury, from Atlanta

edit on 15-5-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This has been known for ages ... The only way the US can be a dominant super power is by taking control of all the oil ... Hence all the carnage along the way for oil ...

Oil is currently, a necessity for every country and for places like China it's the line between being a super power or not ...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
This has been known for ages ... The only way the US can be a dominant super power is by taking control of all the oil ... Hence all the carnage along the way for oil ...

Oil is currently, a necessity for every country and for places like China it's the line between being a super power or not ...

Yes correct, it has been speculated before, but todays interview with the former assistant Secretary to the US Treasury is quite some good source which we haven't had before, especially from somebody that was quite high up in the government.
edit on 15-5-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
if thats the case why aren't the chinese and russians doing anything about it? I assume they know if they were to take any action they would become a legitimate target themselves, does this make the US a legitimate target then if they put themselves out there as aggressor?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
if thats the case why aren't the chinese and russians doing anything about it? I assume they know if they were to take any action they would become a legitimate target themselves, does this make the US a legitimate target then if they put themselves out there as aggressor?

Maybe they are waiting to see what happens, only time will tell i guess

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

Maybe they are waiting to see what happens, only time will tell i guess

I reckon they are holding their collective vetoes for sometime in the near future.

Although I think the case presented in the OP is accurate, the Chinese will be just fine. Over the next few years they are going to become increasingly more appetising to nations fatigued by the US attitude to business.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
added a new video to my original post

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

We don't know if they are doing nothing about it.

Russia and China are not the type to bow down to the US like many others.

You can believe that when push comes to shove, the US will have bigger problems to deal with and will have finally gone too far. IMO

new topics

top topics

join