It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power outages.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
"Transformers Exploding all OVER the U.S.: TX, MO, NV, WI.... May 10th - 15th 2011"

Has me thinking that it def has something to do with the Sun (solar flare/particles/???).

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Rumors are circulating at an alternative conspiracy website that contacts within Con Edison in NY say they have been seeing anomalies in the power grid reported all over the US and fear that the whole grid may be on the verge of failure. (If interested in this source google "JUST received a disturbing CALL, GRID FAILURE!").

The same contacts at Con Edison supposedly also said that the problems with the grid are growing exponentially and from what they figure it is possible that between 60% and 100% of all electrical power could go out in the US as soon as 1 or 2 a m. Eastern Standard Time May 16th (less than one and a half hours from now).

Also, supposedly something called ground induced current is leading to the power failures in NY, numerous places across the nation, and across the globe that are being reported across Twitter and a few news outlets.

The cause of the ground induced current is thought to be a geomagnetic sudden impulse (K=4 warning index rating) that began on May 15th and is expected to last until late on May 16th.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Geomagnetically induced currents (GIC) that affect the normal operation of long electrical conductor systems are a manifestation at ground level of space weather. During space weather events (such as geomagnetic storms) electric currents in the magnetosphere and ionosphere experience large variations which manifest also in the Earth's magnetic field. These variations induce currents (GICs) in conductors that are operated on the surface of Earth. Electric transmission grids and buried pipelines are common examples of such conductor systems. GICs can cause problems such as increased corrosion of pipeline steel and damaged high-voltage power transformers.

en.wikipedia.org...

Damage to high-voltage power transformers has been happening with increased magnitude and frequency since the "transformer event" happened in the Dallas-Fort Worth area last Tuesday night (video linked below).

dfw.cbslocal.com...

A more recent well publicized "transformer event" also occurred in Wisconsin.

www.sott.net...

In fact, transformers have been blowing all over the U.S. for the past 5 days, notably in TX, WI, NY, NJ, IA, and FL, etc.

Also, earlier this evening unusual electrical activity in the form of very frequent lightning that was accompanied by no storm was filmed and the video placed on YouTube. The video is linked below. This unusual lightning phenomenon may also be caused by what is causing the transformers to blow.

This is all interesting food for thought...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Here's the first video mentioned in the previous post (multiple transformers blowing in Dallas-Fort Worth May 10th) that failed to embed.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
On May 10th a comet plunged into the sun. I don't have the link anymore but I have the photo. (but not the video) They say it takes three days for the effects to reach the earth.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsykrets89
these things happen quite frequently

I wonder what we would do without electricity?

such an earthchanging event would put man back down in the pits for sure

oh yea.. ALL THE TIME>.. TOTALLY ALL THE TIME.. wow.. and freaking global statement with out ANY links .. TROLL ~!!!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
anyone on the East coast having any outages right now ???? Plz reply if able .. according to some of the posts above, there are rumors of 70-80% outrages are will be happening across the US ..

any thing out of the ordinary going on with the electricity would be great ~!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
here's a spinet of a CNN Transcript back in Feb this year...

BALDWIN (on-camera): All right. Here we go. Hour two. Hello. Once again, I'm Brooke Baldwin. If it's happening, and it's happening right now. You're about to see it. Rapid fire. Let's begin with this story developing now.

One of the massive power outage at Newark International Airport. Here's what we know. The outage includes terminals A, B and C. Also, the air train is not working. We're told several people are stuck. They're stranded on that train. And others have been rescued from solved (ph) elevators. So, we're making phone calls. We'll get you updates. We'll pass them along to you.

California, you remember this story. The city of Bell where officials including this guy. Robert Rizzo made hundreds of thousands a year running one of the poorest communities in the entire Los Angeles area. Well, those officials are heading to court this hour to hear the evidence against them. This is the first day of hearings to decide if they should stand trial on corruption and other charges.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Don't know if it's been posted yet, but here is a link to U.S. power outages:power outages

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
Don't know if it's been posted yet, but here is a link to U.S. power outages:power outages

yea.. it was linked on the first page I believe.. thx for the backup ..

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
so far, I still have power and no flickering of any kind.. I'll check the locals and see if anything is being reported..

still like to hear of East coast is still up ..

No outages being reported by PGE

edit on 16-5-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

Funny you putting up this thread
as I was just browsing to see why we had a Power Cut last night between 1030pm and 1230am and then came across your post.
We live in west Cumbria, England and suffered a Total Power Cut for 2 hours, Bloody alarms going off and not getting any sleep till it was restored. weird how its happened in other places too ??

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
fort worth different angle

there is something going on for the amount of induced energy to able to blow all those transformers one after the other, somethings not right
there are individual breakers between transformsers in my country
any transformer meltdowns are quickly icolated automatically
the second thing about this is how does ground inductence effect a transformer that is off the ground.
it sounds to me like anything with an inductive coil is effected
speakers going of= induced voltages
mulitipule tranformers "flashing" = no breakers
different ares = not grid related
cruize ship = not ground induction

strange readings in even isolated transforers?

the first thing that springs to mind is high energy cosmic rays that are inducing voltage directly into
the transformers, would be random locations, target any high capasity inductive equipment,

sounds like some sort of energy release creating an over voltage spike flipping breakers and icolating transformers and directly inducing voltage into the icolated transformers.

problem is the size of the area
the amount of energy required
the spread out nature of the incidents

i think the colours are related to the electro static discharge of high frequency energy into the atmosphere
the gas is ionized and the molicules vibrate and light up like a light bulb

my GUESS is that the sun has pounded the earth with high energy rays of some sort,
i have looked for space weather anonomolies but nothing stands out too much

on the high energy rays thing

are there any readings of the physical environment when these blew?

xploder

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
This is utterly ridiculous!

Remember the bird die off a few months ago? Same situation, people reporting random normal occurrences as significant non-normal events!

Now if the whole USA goes dark, now we have a major problem.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

thanks for pointing that out
animal die offs
rays
thanks makes sence

xp

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
the power was out here (i'm near vancouver canada) last night, overnight.
I don't consider it abnormal, since there had been some wind, which usually means a tree fell on a power line.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
New power outage :
www.nj.com...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
Rumors are flying all over GLP about the grid going down after 12 midnight EST, 70-80% of the USA

I guess this didn't happen, or the Atlanta area isn't affected!
I'm guessing that people will continue to report on normal power outages for a few weeks and then the interest will die down.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This thread caught my eye, because yesterday (Sunday) we had power trucks on our road, which was weird because we all had power and it is a pretty small company that services our area, rural Michigan.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I'll chip in here, Galway in the west of Ireland, it sounds like it was about midnight and lasted for a few hours. I was out cold asleep but apparently everything was dead, alarms going off everywhere.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Im in southern illinois about 2 hours from STL and a few days ago Ameren CIPS had blocked off a city street working on the power lines and transformers. I live one street over from the one they working on and I didn't here a transformer blow..and believe me I have heard my share of these tiny bombs going off. I noticed a lot of thru traffic on my street and asked my neighbor about it and she told me they have the entire street blocked and were working on the power lines/cable line or something. We never lost power or anything...and Im not for sure about other parts of town..but our power stayed on the entire time they were working on it.

I honestly thought nothing of it until I read this post. What is going on?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join