It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notable Quotes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
“Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life to carry out; a concrete assignment which demands fulfillment. Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can his life be repeated. Thus, everyone’s task is as unique as his specific opportunity to implement it.” Victor Frankl

This thread was a great idea. There are some great quotes here. Many of my favorite quotes inspired some of my best writing. The quote above, from Victor Frankl, pushed this article out of my distal phalanges. LINK
edit on 14-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Being right too soon is socially unacceptable.
Robert A. Heinlein

Don't handicap your children by making their lives easy.
Robert A. Heinlein

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
Robert A. Heinlein

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
"Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
-Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

The whole of life, from the moment you are born
to the moment you die, is a process of learning."
-Jiddu Krishnamurti (1895-1986)

"Some people are so afraid to die that they never begin to live."
-Henry Vandyke (1852-1933)

"I could not, at any age, be content to take my place
by the fireside and simply look on. Life was meant to be lived.
Curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason,
turn his back on life."
-Eleanor Roosevelt (1884-1962)

Just four of many that I think are applicable to the A.T.S. community

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1000TonBlocks
reply to post by awareness10

Thank you OP, I also share your enjoyment.

A quote, is like a shorthand version of a parable....with all the fluff cut out of it.
Right to the point !

lol too true, and i think if people see just how little people in power have changed their stance throughout history,
they'll soon discover just how messed up things still are.People Forget far too easily and that's exactly what
they depend on in order to sustain our alligiance to them.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Yet more quotes:

"The state is the coldest of all cold monsters. Coldly it lies, too; and this lie creeps from its mouth; ‘I, the state, am the people.’" — Friedrich Nietzsche

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine." — Thomas Jefferson

"The mystery of government is not how Washington works but how to make it stop." — P.J. O’Rourke

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." — Abraham Lincoln

"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn’t mean politics won’t take an interest in you." — Pericles (430 B.C)

"Why are the people rebellious?
Because the rulers interfere too much.
Therefore they are rebellious." — Lao Tsu

"Hell hath no fury like a bureaucrat scorned." — Milton Friedman

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys." — P.J. O’Rourke

"Families, when a child is born Want it to be intelligent. I, through intelligence, Having wrecked my whole life, Only hope the baby will prove Ignorant and stupid. Then he will crown a tranquil life by becoming a Cabinet Minister." — Su Tung-p’o

"It is not my intention to do away with government. It is rather to make it work — work with us, not over us; stand by our side, not ride on our back. Government can and must provide opportunity, not smother it; foster productivity, not stifle it." — Ronald Reagan

"Government is like fire. If it is kept within bounds and under the control of the people, it contributes to the welfare of all. But if it gets out of place, if it gets too big and out of control, it destroys the happiness and even the lives of the people." — Harold E. Stassen

"Outside of the Constitution we have no legal authority more than private citizens, and within it we have only so much as that instrument gives us. This broad principle limits all our functions and applies to all subjects." — President Andrew Johnson

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

from your OP:

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Wow! Talk about a simultaneous punch in the throat/kick in the groin combo.

I would like to have 2 dozen t-shirts of assorted colors with that quote printed on front and back. And I would like to see millions of Americans wearing that same shirt. If that doesn't wake up the sleepers we may as well tear up the Constitution and call it a day.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
We are all born as molecules in the hearts of a billion stars. Molecules that do not understand politics or policies or differences. Over a billion years we foolish molecules forget who we are and where we came from. In desperate acts of ego we give ourselves names fight over lines on maps and pretend that our light is better than everyone elses.
Delen from Babylon 5

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
Oscar Wilde

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!
Audrey Hepburn

Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.
Archimedes

Memory is the mother of all wisdom.
Aeschylus

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
Frank Sinatra

Reality is an illusion that occurs due to lack of alcohol

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

from your OP:

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Wow! Talk about a simultaneous punch in the throat/kick in the groin combo.

I would like to have 2 dozen t-shirts of assorted colors with that quote printed on front and back. And I would like to see millions of Americans wearing that same shirt. If that doesn't wake up the sleepers we may as well tear up the Constitution and call it a day.

ha that's awesome!!!!!!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
“The real rulers in Washington are invisible, and exercise power from behind the scenes.”

Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter, 1952

“Fifty men have run America, and that’s a high figure.”- Joseph Kennedy, father of JFK, in the July 26th, l936 issue of The New York Times.

“The real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the larger centers has owned the Government ever since the days of Andrew Jackson.”

A letter written by FDR to Colonel House, November 21st, l933

“The UN is but a long-range, international banking apparatus clearly set up for financial and economic profit by a small group of powerful One-World revolutionaries, hungry for profit and power.

“The depression was the calculated ’shearing’ of the public by the World Money powers, triggered by the planned sudden shortage of supply of call money in the New York money market….The One World Government leaders and their ever close bankers have now acquired full control of the money and credit machinery of the U.S. via the creation of the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank.”

Curtis Dall, FDR’s son-in-law as quoted in his book, My Exploited Father-in-Law.

“The term Internationalism has been popularized in recent years to cover an interlocking financial, political, and economic world force for the purpose of establishing a World Government. Today Internationalism is heralded from pulpit and platform as a ‘League of Nations’ or a ‘Federated Union’ to which the United States must surrender a definite part of its National Sovereignty. The World Government plan is being advocated under such alluring names as the ‘New International Order,’ ‘The New World Order,’ ‘World Union Now,’ ‘World Commonwealth of Nations,’ ‘World Community,’ etc. All the terms have the same objective; however, the line of approach may be religious or political according to the taste or training of the individual.”

Excerpt from A Memorial to be Addressed to the House of Bishops and the House of Clerical and Lay Deputies of the Protestant Episcopal Church in General Convention (October 1940)

How to Achieve The New World Order — Title of book excerpt by Henry Kissinger, in Time magazine (March 1994)

“Let us never tolerate outrageous conspiracy theories concerning the attacks of September the 11th; malicious lies that attempt to shift the blame away from the terrorists, themselves, away from the guilty.”
George W. Bush

“…if the American people had ever known the truth about what we Bushes have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched.”
George H.W. Bush - interview 1992

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Quotes from The Secret movie --

People think about what they don't want and attract more of the same.

Every thought has a frequency. Thoughts send out a magnetic energy.

Thought = creation. If these thoughts are attached to powerful emotions
(good or bad) that speeds the creation.

You attract your dominant thoughts.

Those who speak most of illness have illness, those who speak most of
prosperity have it..etc..

You can't have a universe without the mind entering into it.

It's OK that thoughts don't manifest into reality immediately (if we saw a
picture of an elephant and it instantly appeared, that would be too soon).

Your thoughts cause your feelings.

Whatever it is you are feeling is a perfect reflection of what is in the process
of becoming.

Happy feelings will attract more happy circumstances.

You can change your emotion immediately .. by thinking of something joyful,
or singing a song, or remembering a happy experience.

We are mass energy. Everything is energy. EVERYTHING.

Get rid of your TV and become aware of Media Intervention which only serves to
create your reality for you. - Wisdom 1.0

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Quotes from Bryan Kemila of illuminatimatrix.wordpress.com

"Let me assure you, there will be no numbers or language in the awareness state. When these teachers say that knowledge will set us free, understand that this a complete lack of awareness. It is, of course, knowledge that placed us in this circumstance we now find ourselves in. Wisdom knows nothing. Knowledge thinks, it knows something."

"Remember, all thoughts are lies. Lies are thoughts that disconnect us from our awareness and form the 3 dimensional reality we only think is real and it is not. Everything 3 dimensional has a shape, colour and sound, and therefore becomes visible and totally deceiving. Removing these thoughts, staying in the moment, reconnects us with our awareness and eternal state, even as we stand here in our 3 dimensional form. We return instantly to the state of awareness. It’s just that quick and that simple."

The 3 dimensional curtain of deception, otherwise referred to a SINISTER FORM of HYPNOTIC MISDIRECTION, separates us from our natural state of wisdom, through awareness. The 3D perspective, everything we see, is a curtain formed in 3 directions – height, width and depth. Part of this 3 dimensional curtain is our physical body. The body has 5 physical sensors programmed to be receptive to the 3 dimensional illusion around us. The way these sensors pick up the signals from the 3D curtain is through subliminal messages. Subliminals are constructed through such techniques as simple shapes, sounds and colours, and then more complex, multi-layered methods, such as reverse imagery, reverse symbolism, distorted symbolism, reverse speech patterns, neuro-linguistic (brain language) programming techniques, and the elaborate use of the language and number systems, among other devious modes of manipulation.

This site discusses the root source of SUBLIMINAL MESSAGING. Through this messaging the luciferian-based THINKERS control and manipulate an illusory smoke and mirrors reality through indoctrination of the masses in intellectual and religious lunacy. Humanity is in a massive state of hypnosis. HUMANITY IS ITSELF, an illusory form, and the product of HYPNOTIC SUGGESTION. The consideration of this information WILL BREAK the TRANCE STATE.

The 3 dimensional illusion is CREATED BY THE THOUGHT PROCESS. Thinking is not being aware. Thinking is that thing any conscious being APPEARS TO DO to attempt to manipulate the future, or relive the pain/pleasure from the past. Both these time zones, the future and the past, do not exist. Therefore, thinking about them to manipulate them is a deception.

However, to consider what is happening in this moment is not called thinking. Staying in the moment and meeting the needs of the moment is awareness of the 3 dimensional space, albeit, an illusory space. To function within this 3D space requires that needs be met. Reality, and our true eternal wisdom state, extends beyond the 3D illusory forms, and that wisdom state simply knows everything through awareness, ALREADY. Our eternal wisdom state knows the manipulation process of the luciferian egregore group of thinkers.

Wisdom knows that this luciferian group plays god and plays the devil. Both of which are none existent. Wisdom, through awareness, sees how this group mindset bands together to manifest the reality they want all humanity to follow.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I like this one from family guy:"Lois whos pipe organ is this?" It was on the episode where peter became a pirate all because of a parot. He lost intrest after the parot's death. The quote was rated on a website with a 5.0 out of 10.0. I guess you can call it a line more than a quote ether way I thought it was funny.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Ok time to add to this thread ..

Tesla Quotes:

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
— Nikola Tesla

"Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. "
— Nikola Tesla

"The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."
— Nikola Tesla

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."
— Nikola Tesla

"What we now want is closer contact and better understanding between individuals and communities all over the earth, and the elimination of egoism and pride which is always prone to plunge the world into primeval barbarism and strife... Peace can only come as a natural consequence of universal enlightenment..."
— Nikola Tesla

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Quotes from the 4th President of the United States:

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation."
President James Madison (1751-1836) speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

"The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home."
James Madison

A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce, or a tragedy, or perhaps both.
James Madison

A pure democracy is a society consisting of a small number of citizens, who assemble and administer the government in person.
James Madison

A well-instructed people alone can be permanently a free people.
James Madison

All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree.
James Madison

Americans have the right and advantage of
being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.
James Madison

Each generation should be made to bear the burden of its own wars, instead of carrying them on, at the expense of other generations.
James Madison

I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
James Madison

I have no doubt but that the misery of the lower classes will be found to abate whenever the Government assumes a freer aspect and the laws favor a subdivision of Property.
James Madison

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

In no instance have... the churches been guardians of the liberties of the people.
James Madison

In Republics, the great danger is, that the majority may not sufficiently respect the rights of the minority.
James Madison

It is a universal truth that the loss of liberty at home is to be charged to the provisions against danger, real or pretended, from abroad.
James Madison

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
James Madison

Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.
James Madison

Liberty may be endangered by the abuse of liberty, but also by the abuse of power.
James Madison

No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.
James Madison

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Thomas Paine Quotes:

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government."
Thomas Paine

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
Thomas Paine

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
"Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage."

Attributed to Benjamin Disraeli

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
“At the risk of sounding ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by feelings of love.” – Che Guevara

“Tell the truth always even it is bitter to taste.” – Native American proverb

“You cannot see the future with tears in your eyes.” – Native American Proverb

“The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.” – Native American Proverb

“Riding a mule while looking for a horse” – Chinese Proverb

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable” – John F. Kennedy

“You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha

“All major religious traditions carry basically the same message, that is love, compassion and forgiveness the important thing is they should be part of our daily lives.” – Dalai Lama

“The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.” – Dalai Lama

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Brick Tamland: I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

Champ Kind: Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I # a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a # covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it. Brick Tamland: O, I'm sorry champ, I think I ate your chocolate squirrel.

Brian Fantana: That was one crazy party. I am hung over. Champ Kind: I woke up on the floor of some Japanese family's rec room, and they would NOT stop screaming. Brick Tamland: I ate a big, red candle.

Brick Tamland: I love...carpet. I love...desk. Ron Burgundy: Brick, are you just looking at things in the office and saying that you love them? Brick Tamland: I love lamp. Ron Burgundy: Do you really love the lamp, or are you just saying it because you saw it? Brick Tamland: I love lamp. I love lamp.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Oxymoronic Lincoln Quote

Any people anywhere being inclined and having the power have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable, a most sacred right — a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world. Nor is this right confined to cases in which the whole people of an existing government may choose to exercise it. Any portion of such people that can may revolutionize and make their own of so much of the territory as they inhabit. Speech in the United States House of Representatives (January 12, 1848)

en.wikiquote.org...

"Put a monkey in a cage and it becomes a pig, not because it isn't clever and quick, but because it cannot exercise its natural abilities"

"Anything that takes shape can be countered"

Audio CD The Way of Leadership

Paraphrase of Schopenhauer -- We have extensive descriptions of Hell, but Heaven is one big blank.

edit on 17-1-2015 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
An oxymoronic quote indeedy! Now if only the world would shift
it's frequency away from thoughts of war pillage and destruction,
toward something more peaceful and habitable.

I like the one you added from Schopenhauer, how true.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join