It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama admin. claims right to censor 'unclassified' materials

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

No. You are the only one in this thread who made that leap to the racist use of the word and accused someone else of being racist because of what was going on in your own mind. Unfairly I might add. And then rather than say, "opps. sorry." You tried to make what your mind thinks everyone elses responsibility by saying other people should avoid a word that has a justifiable usage. Its not the "n" word. Its a word we all use all the time for young inexperienced males. Of all ethnicities.

Beezer didnt do anything wrong there. You did in accusing him of being a racist because YOU were having racist thoughts. And I dont always back Beezer, he and I disagree regularly. And you and I are more often on the same side of an issue. But in this case, he is right. Your accusation was unfair, and it was based on YOUR thinking not his.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
If it is unclassified, there would be no need to worry about censoring or not releasing it. Just the fact that you need to do that means that it is classified.

Get a brain, Obama admin.

SeraphNB

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

We will have to disagree that he didn't do anything "wrong," whatever that even means. There are a couple of issues here. The first being bringing partisan hackery into yet another thread about a systemic issues that spans administrations and leaps beyond any one person or someone's dislike" of such. And the second being his use of that term, the controversy surrounding which, based on his "defense," he seems to be fully aware of, whereas I was not. I'm done with this nonsense. Only he knows how he meant that, and odds are he'll never cop to it. . Pointless to continue and off topic.

ETA: I did not accuse him of being a racist. I said the term he used could be construed as such. Huge difference.
edit on 5/14/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Wasn't the 9/11 Commission report declassified yet still had a lot of information "blacked out"???

The classified version of the commission report quotes extensively from circulars prepared by the F.A.A. about the threat of terrorism, but many of those references have been blacked out in the declassified version, officials said.
Source

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

At some point next year we will realize that silently all our liberties have been stolen from us and when we go to use them and act upon them, they won't be there.

We have lost this battle .....but not the war...at some point we will regain our planet back.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Some people have the memo, understand what it says, but because its a "liberal" president doing it, they think surely it must be okay.

That's an example of how the extreme political division in this country is just another tool for control. There is truly no difference in the 2 political parties here in the United States. Both have the same goals and do the same things. It's the rhetoric that they spew that polarizes everyone. I agree 100% that Obama is just as authoritarian as any other leader has been, it's just more accepted because he is a "left-wing" guy.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I would like everyone to stop bashing The Emperor right now. With his Royal Decree, he is allowed, nay, permitted, to impose His Thoughts and His Actions as He sees fit.
The Entire Planet voted Him in office. Doesn't that say enough about the Greatest, and Most Humble Man ever to rule over us?
If He wishes that things be classified, then with a wave of His Hand, it will be thus so.

He is Strong enough to have freed us from the evil constitution and has given us freedom of worry to determine what we do with our weak and mortal lives.

All Hail The Boy King!
(bow 5 times towards D.C.)

*apologies, the sarcasm function on my computer got stuck.

Beeze just reading that out loud my pocket copy of the constitution burst into a laughing wicked flame Like some exorcism movie special effect.. I mean "day-ummm".
Quit it! makes my skin crawl...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I agree. We (US Citizens, not ATS as a whole) allowed this to happen. There were many against it as I was but the fact of the matter is the majority of the US populace were duped into trading their freedom for "security" and in the name of "security" they've granted the Government nearly totalitarian powers. Agree or disagree but I see it all as rule through fear. I am sad and disappointed that most American Citizens have simply lost their way.

This brings me to another point. People are not being taught about the fact that there are four, yes, four branches of government. Everyone knows about the three in DC but most don't understand that the fourth branch is the people. We, US citizens are the fourth branch of government and we have forgotten how much power we have. If everyone who was sick of all of this stood up at one time and in one collective voice said "ENOUGH" that would be the end of all of this.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Check out this 10 pager from
The New Yorker

Careful, though. According to the date this will have been written 5 days from now, somehow.

Seems as though the contention that this man put people in the field at risk may be specious (stupid). He was only exposing bureaucratic dysfunction and waste. The author wryly quotes Obama mid-campaign 2008 as he promised to protect these types of people in order to expose exactly what it seems this man was interested in exposing.
Where is this man selling state secrets to foreign gov'ts or endangering operatives/soldiers in the field? The only secret he's exposing, in my view, is the gargantuan monoliths that the ABC agencies have come to be. The only people endangered by him would then be the entrenched establishment people whose gravy train this man threatened to derail merely by articulating it. And the beauty is, if he IS right, that means there's all kinds of superfluous people in all types of positions of power who are now PO'd at this guy and looking to take him down.
DD

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join