It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEALs wore helmet-mounted cameras in bin Laden raid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

SEALs wore helmet-mounted cameras in bin Laden raid

www.cnn.com

Describing the footage, the source said any glimpses of bin Laden caught on camera would be brief. Because the cameras were attached to the SEALs' helmets, the footage is extremely unsteady and constantly shifting.

The source described much of the footage as fast and violent.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This could be how the president and others were able to watch the raid as it happened. Maybe they will release any grainy stills or short videos that capture bin Laden on them. However, judging by the atmosphere on ATS I doubt anyone here will buy into the authenticity of the videos or images at this point. Either way, I just wanted to post the development.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It would probably be hard to release the video without giving away vital info, such as equipment and such. But I'd love to see it if they do!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

I thought this was common knowledge?

As soon as they mentioned the raids and showed the pictures of Obama gathered around the "screen" they said that the Seals had helmet mounted cameras.... I didn't realise this was new news?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I don't understand how this is just making news today...wasn't it already 'determined' that this what they all were watching in that situation room photo with Obama and Hilary et. al.? Maybe it's just now 'official'? Or they are just really trailing out this ridiculous cluster# of a story...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
I don't understand how this is just making news today...wasn't it already 'determined' that this what they all were watching in that situation room photo with Obama and Hilary et. al.? Maybe it's just now 'official'? Or they are just really trailing out this ridiculous cluster# of a story...
But ten we were told that Obama didn't actually see the raid, there was a blackout for that part. Just pure #

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedObserver

This could be how the president and others were able to watch the raid as it happened.

That is exactly how they were able to watch the raid, it wasn't exactly a secret that the SEALS had cameras on their helmets and the POTUS watched the proceedings. Even if the video footage or stills were released, do you really think it would be enough for the doubters? I'm sure they would just have something else to complain about/doubt, perhaps they would even claim that there were no cameras and the video was faked. Hell, we have video of Americans on the moon, but there are still doubters.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by binkbonk
Let's f*cking see the video then. I'm sick of this sh*t from our government. Prove it!
And show Bin Laden or it's just more propaganda.

Like that would convince many here...

People already have their minds made up and would simply cry that it is fake/photshopped/CGI etc.

pffft.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Few days back they said there was no footage because of a blackout... now they have 'Footage'... will the same senators that viewed the images also view the footage..

More Conditioning Rubbish/

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I agree. How else did people think there was video? Did everyone really picture Private Jackson running behind the SEALs carrying a Flip Camera? They also said there was a large chunk of footage that was blacked out due to technical problems, and that was a lie as it was released this week that the cameras recorded everything. I want to see Bin Laden on film, and I want to see his head when the bullet tears through it, and I want a Pakistani midget on film in the background, holding a newspaper with the date on it.
edit on 13-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If they want to help with the national debt they could put the video on pay per view and allow Americans to watch it.
I think there would be more than a few Osama Offed parties the night of the live showing.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It will never be released to the 'public' for the same reason the images wont and he was reportedly 'Killed' and not put on trial..

and the sheep follow on

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk

Originally posted by InterestedObserver

This could be how the president and others were able to watch the raid as it happened.

That is exactly how they were able to watch the raid, it wasn't exactly a secret that the SEALS had cameras on their helmets and the POTUS watched the proceedings. Even if the video footage or stills were released, do you really think it would be enough for the doubters? I'm sure they would just have something else to complain about/doubt, perhaps they would even claim that there were no cameras and the video was faked. Hell, we have video of Americans on the moon, but there are still doubters.
Just out of curiosity, why are you on ATS? Is it to defend the propaganda, or is it to join the collective inquisition to uncover the truth? Not trying to be disrespectful, genuinely curious.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

I'll bite. I'm here to deny ignorance, I'm sure you are as well. ATS was created to invite honest and open discussion on a variety of topics, you questioning why I am on ATS is no different from chemtrailers making threads that exclude "debunkers". We should try to stay on topic though, shouldn't we?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The footage was fast and violent, so there would only be a small glimpse of bin laden? What about after the action when the seals would be standing over his body? Surely one of them would have looked down to see if it was him. This story makes less and less sense with each revision.

Isn't there some new cop show in TruTV, with head mounted cameras like this? The footage they get is clear.

edit on 13/5/11 by ZIVONIC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

Thanks for the response. Well, for me, if I felt the way you do I wouldn't find the need to search out a site that is mostly identified with alternative news and theories, I would be content with the nightly news. But thank you very much for humoring my off topic request.

As for the official story, I originally questioned it because in my lifetime I have witness lie after lie from our leaders, from broken campaign promises to complete exposures after declassification. I have been following the 911 story ever since the day, and was content with the credible testimonies over the years that Osama was already dead. When the newsflash broke on May 1st I instantly started questioning agendas, and there are plenty of incentives for a corrupt government like ours to make false claims like this.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
But ten we were told that Obama didn't actually see the raid, there was a blackout for that part. Just pure #

Yeah because helmet mounted cams send the footage half way around the world via satellite link
They never said he watched it live. The monitored it. There is a difference

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hmm the footage wouldn't show anything because too much movement etc etc ... BS, has anyone seen helmet cam footage of soldiers in Afghanistan of Iraq .. Looks pretty clear to me. Maybe they mean because it was dark but as someone suggested at least one person with a cam would of looked and gone 'yup that's bin laden'

I'm losing interest in this whole bin laden saga now, the sheep are buying it, the people wanting the truth (including myself) will never know and that's what makes me sick about our governments. Sick and tired of being lied too

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Let's f*cking see the video then. I'm sick of this sh*t from our government. Prove it!
And show Bin Laden or it's just more propaganda.

Like that would convince many here...

People already have their minds made up and would simply cry that it is fake/photshopped/CGI etc.

pffft.

They showed Saddam clearly when they killed him, hell they even made the most out of his statue.

So what's with the quick kill and dump business with Osama who was the most wanted and hated? Why do they never show him properly instead of constant shady bullcrap fed via media?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join