It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams are travel to parallel universes

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BailSnail

Originally posted by Zagari
reply to post by BailSnail

if alternate universes are real,than everything is possible.
Even the unthinkable becomes real.

So the idea is infinite possibilities within infinite universes? I can't believe it and I don't see anything that makes it seem valid (whereas other paranormal theories such as NDE, reincarnation, etc have some evidence behind them), but it is a very interesting thought at least.

The idea of parallel universes is gaining traction within the scientific community, among other theories. In fact, its speculated that its possible for scienties to eventually create a universe, that will not displace our own.

Its really a fascinating time, on the one hand its great to be alive now with all the progress and wonder, on the other I'd love to be alive 100, 1000, even 10,000 years from now, just to see what things are like if we keep advancing as a species

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
We can look at this as various "transpositions" of reality - layers of consequences - in the most "rock solid" sense you have reality, and then at various "slips" you have what "could be" happening - at moments of "coincidences" we have choices that lead to "differences" and sometimes "changes" to the "stack" of likely consequences.

As such, we live in a world where actions and reactions are relativley predictable - however, there are those "chances" and there are also "events" that lead to "crosspaths" in the "sections" of "reality".

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

VERY intriguing post with a lot of neat ideas that relate to a lot of my own personal thoughts and opinions on the topic of dreams. I also think that sometimes dream places are some sort of hologram or matrix that our higher selves can access more immediately (and obviously more easily) than our physical selves. Why else would there be so many accounts for dreams being of a similar nature when people are say pregnant OR say if people are having a spiritual dream meeting one or two beings of light and being a white room with white furniture? I myself am a believer in the many worlds theory you discussed here (alternate universes).

I love your ideas in here, especially mentioning how brain waves are technically radio waves. I always said we are like radios that receive and send out transmissions

edit on 7/18/13 by rainprincess64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

you ever get the feeling like something is moderating dreams? Its had been a while since i had a lucid dream (had one two nights ago) and it felt like i couldn't move as freely as other lucid dreams i had..i felt more "dense" and limited.

For example, usually when i become lucid its like something cues me. Cant really describe it,its like i just become aware and then i start testing the environment usually by trying to jump off a building or something high or trying to fly..But two nights ago when i became lucid, i started jumping and flipping off cars in the parking lot but i felt o heavy like i was awake i also felt like something was trying to prevent me from remaining lucid and lure me back into the dream....ever peep? or experience anything like that?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baddguy

you ever get the feeling like something is moderating dreams? Its had been a while since i had a lucid dream (had one two nights ago) and it felt like i couldn't move as freely as other lucid dreams i had..i felt more "dense" and limited.

For example, usually when i become lucid its like something cues me. Cant really describe it,its like i just become aware and then i start testing the environment usually by trying to jump off a building or something high or trying to fly..But two nights ago when i became lucid, i started jumping and flipping off cars in the parking lot but i felt o heavy like i was awake i also felt like something was trying to prevent me from remaining lucid and lure me back into the dream....ever peep? or experience anything like that?

I believe I know what you are talking about..

now that I think about, I don't feel 'cued'..its more like that 'dreamland' is simply 'my real world' for the time being. Think about it, you never actually realize that you were in even in a 'dreamland' until you have awoken... other than that, eveything in dreamland was 'normal'.
edit on 19-7-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
when i was an 8 years old, my alder cousin ask me, what is the fastest thing in universe? after few second i answered, the thought? I am agree with your thoughts but there is only a one big problem, without memory we will not travel anywhere. but i have a solution for this problem. the parallel or greater resident of multivers are able to send all kind of images throughout the universe or multiverse. (sorry for terrible English)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by rainprincess64

Yep.

People in dreamland are REAL people...they just exist THERE. I love that.

The two worlds wil never collide. I think this is a law of physics regarding parallel universes, and that goes back to when I discussed the problem we have when we try to read or write in dreams...

Since it was a while ago, I want to bring it back up.

I believe ( and it would make sense) that we can't read or write in our dreams because the transferring of data could be detrimental; in a sense, maybe we- including the people in 'dreamland'- are protected by this law.

Everytime you look at a sign, book, or newspaper in dreams, the letters start to move around, only after you have started to focus on them. Same thing with writing...you will have the thought and the intent to write something down, but what comes out on paper is not what you intended at all- or you may feel like you are writing with your other hand.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by modernwisdom
when i was an 8 years old, my alder cousin ask me, what is the fastest thing in universe? after few second i answered, the thought? I am agree with your thoughts but there is only a one big problem, without memory we will not travel anywhere. but i have a solution for this problem. the parallel or greater resident of multivers are able to send all kind of images throughout the universe or multiverse. (sorry for terrible English)

Yes. We discussed ths earlier; perhaps nothing is quicker than the speed of 'thought'.

But I am not understanding why you said there was a 'problem' with this, stating that without memory we could not have thought....

Can you elaborate on that?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I believe that dreams are somehow real. I had a lucid dream where it felt like I was wearing a living suit. Almost fumbling for the controls of this new unit. It was a dream on another world. What made me want to investigate dreams was the fact that it was so vivid. An alien sky above, an ocean at my feet. Maby when we dream, we can awaken in someone elses reality.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

yea i know what you mean..but hey i have another theory..not sure if anyone brought this up but i feel like the dream realm may be the astral plane (the same place we switch to when we die) and we are projecting our subconscious thought onto the astral and experiencing them....like being in your own 'thought bubble' in the astral...what you think??

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baddguy

yea i know what you mean..but hey i have another theory..not sure if anyone brought this up but i feel like the dream realm may be the astral plane (the same place we switch to when we die) and we are projecting our subconscious thought onto the astral and experiencing them....like being in your own 'thought bubble' in the astral...what you think??

Yep, brought up many many pages back. I posed this very notion- that dreamlands are where we 'switch' to at death, in a seamless transaction.

We only 'die off'...sorta like a character 'dying off' in a sitcom. At the moment of death, we are immediately transported into a different universe and live that particular life out, until we 'die' again.. then we sleep in that new universe, the old one will be one of our 'dreams'.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I stumbled upon this discussion while searching internet on dreams and paralel worlds, so i have decided to share something with you. I have been reading this discussion and i really liked informations and thoughts found there. Excuse me for possible typing errors because English is not my native language.

I had a dream last night where i was at some kind of beach with lots of people around. I noticed there is something underwater, as it was kinda shallow, maybe 1m in depth. There were some kids aged 3-6 max that were actually drowning but in kinda silent way, they weren't screaming for help or anything. So i rescued one, then another... looked around and found third one. When i was thinking i have spotted another one it was just some kind of doll.

So that was it. Three kids saved, no matter how long they were underwater before i found them, they all lived. And then, newspapers with me saving kids came to my hands. There was 4 page article on how i saved them, even my picture at the beach (but interestingly none picture with me actually holding the kids)... And thats when i somehow realized i must be dreaming this.

So i kinda went lucid dreaming from that moment. I tried to call someone, anyone to check if he sees in the newspapers the same thing i see. I was having hard time seeing what page number article was on, and it seemed like for some reason something was making it hard for me to focus on it. I tried to call some numbers, on phone but phone was weird and display was not the display i used to see, it was in some weird interface that i hardly managed to get some numbers.

Finally, i somehow managed to get my friend on, and it was like video call. I asked him to get that newspaper (i don't remember me saying the name of it) and tell me if he sees on page 35 the same thing i am seeing, that i saved those kids. He checked (just as reminder, this is still in dream happening) and in his version of newspaper it was some unrelated news on that page, nothing about me saving the kids...

I realized that experience of saving them was my personal, and everyone else acted like it didnt happen. Even people at the beach, they continued acting like nothing happened, like it was an ordinary day.

I woke up little bit dissapointed because i couldnt share my experience with someone in dream, but at the same time i was filled with joy because i did something good.

I still remember details from that dream, like color of the water, pictures from the article, wooden doll, words that friend of mine replied when i asked him if he sees the same news as i do... There were some details that didnt make sense to me, like when i was on video call with my friend i firstly saw someone unknown being in the same room as he is... I didnt have lucid dream in a long time. And as many of you mentioned, i will try to get calendar or mirror check next time.

Thank you for reading.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You can never read something easily or correctly in dreams because it looks like your mind is unable to focus almost like you are dixlesic...

I just remember once dreaming about being in a library in a turistic place and seeing this book with the white cover and the title " Hitler the Democrat " . That was very weird to me.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Its a beautiful thought, but no I can't go with it sorry

If the messed up sh1t that happens in my dreams is another reality, then wow, they have one fekked up universe going on over there, with Gillian Anderson too...
edit on 2120132013Thu, 21 Nov 2013 12:05:14 -060012pm1121ThursdayAmerica/Chicago by doorhandle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Could one of my dreams be about an alternate reality? maybe. Are all my dreams about alternate realities? I doubt that. I would have super powers in several realities. In one dream I became one with the universe all powerful and all knowing. It was weird. I did not feel human and felt like I was everywhere in every atom across the universe all at one time. I was also super bored and stuck in the dream. It did make me wonder if this reality could be a dream. If this is a dream, I have a very boring reality to go back to.

Knowing the result of every event everywhere in the universe was super boring. I probably dreamed people could create alternate universes via their dreams and actions. Maybe in a few decades or so, a few people will start developing mutant powers.

If every dream is another reality, there are some weird realities out there.

I do not believe most dreams are another reality. However if they are, this reality must be my escape. It's much more slow here. I feel like I'm often in an action movie or some big adventure in many dreams.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I know I'm joining in rather late (over a year lol) but I have had some amazing dreams that I just can't explain. I think this thread has been really eye opening to me and has given me some fantastic views from people into this subject. So I'd like to say thanks for everyone posting on here it has be great to read

Don't know if others will come back and post or new people will come and post (like me) but it truly has been a great read.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I agree it has been a great read but I am also new and I think I am over a year late as well.

I have had some freaky dreams myself.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ButterCookie

I agree that dreams are real events that take place in another realm. That's why there is so much similarity between dreaming and sleeping and death. I think that when you die you go to the dream realm and stay there for a while.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I was sitting in my room, thinking away, and I thought this exact thing. I am 100% with you. After pulling some scattered thoughts of mine together, I decided to try to research what I could, and I found this. I am so glad that there are people on the same page. A friend and I are trying to think of some ways to test this theory, and "shared dreaming/shared dimension travel". Any thoughts??

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I think your onto some real truth here OP.

Imagine for a moment that we are continuously pervading all dimentions at once, however due to our limited perception or designed continuous focus on one of the dimentions we are focused on one thus only see one.

However when we sleep our mind is no longer focused on one and travels to view the experiences of our various parallel lives in parallel universes which our other selves are in.

Yes they are but dreams but to them so are we but dreams.

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join