It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's Industrial Hemp Farming Act, HR 1831 Bill & The Real Reason why Marijuana is Illegal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Ron Paul is aligning himself with the Hemp movement, yesterday submitted this bill...

Statement Introducing the Industrial Hemp Farming Act, HR 1831

Mr. Speaker, I rise to introduce the Industrial Hemp Farming Act. The Industrial Hemp Farming Act requires the federal government to respect state laws allowing the growing of industrial hemp. Nine States--Hawaii, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, Vermont, and West Virginia--allow industrial hemp production or research in accord with state laws.

However, federal law is standing in the way of farmers in these states growing what may be a very profitable crop. Because of current federal law, all hemp included in products sold in the United States must be imported instead of being grown by American farmers. The United States is the only industrialized nation that prohibits industrial hemp cultivation....

paul.house.gov...

edit on 12-5-2011 by truthdrug because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by truthdrug

Thats good news thanks for posting it up. Could you fix the video?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Hey truthdrug, thanks for posting - I just wanted to point out this is not a new thing for Ron Paul. Has actually been an advocate of ending the drug war for quite awhile, which would allow hemp farming, and also had a related bill H.R. 1866 back in 2009 for pretty much the same thing.

Ron Paul's very good on this issue.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Remember Hemp for Victory. Hemp helped us win WW2.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It would add thousands and thousands of manufacturing jobs around the US. We could actually start manufacturing something again!

Instead of just consuming hemp.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits
from hemp you can get paper that will not yellow with age ( no need to cut down trees )
you can also get oil ( no need for oil rigs and all the pollution the they cause
you can also get textiles thats harder wearing than any thats on the market today .
hemp can be used for car bodies that is harder than steel ( see henry ford )
the thc in hemp is also a muscle relaxant thats good for easing pain .

so if hemp was made legal all the companies that produce the above would lose money
and that is why they will never allow it to be made legal .

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

it is still consumed whether flowers, seeds, fuel, medicine, clothes paper
etc.

Benet's work is an example that cannabis use has a long culturally important history, and that the criminalization and demonization of cannabis is a recent invention..Hebrew University in Israel confirmed Sula Benet's interpretation of Kaneh Bosm (kineboisin) as hemp blossoms. en.wikipedia.org...

Anthropologist Sula Benet's evidence was confirmed in 1980 by the Hebrew Institute of Jerusalem[1] that the Holy anointing oil used by the Hebrews to anoint all Priests, and later Kings and Prophets, contained cannabis extracts, "kaneh bosm" (קְנֵה-בֹשֶׂם), and that it is listed as an incense tree in the original Hebrew and Aramaic texts of the Old Testament. [2][3] The Unction, Seal, laying on of hands, the Counselor, and the Holy Spirit are all often synonymous with the Holy anointing oil.[4] Early Gnostic texts indicate that the Chrism is essential to becoming a "Christian."[5][6] Some Muslims of the Sufi order have used cannabis as a tool for spiritual exploration. en.wikipedia.org...

HEMP SEED: THE MOST NUTRITIONALLY
COMPLETE FOOD SOURCE IN THE WORLD
Seeds of the plant cannabis sativa, hemp seed, contain all the essential amino acids and essential fatty acids necessary to maintain healthy human life. No other single plant source has the essential amino acids in such an easily digestible form, nor has the essential fatty acids in as perfect a ratio to meet human nutritional needs.www.ratical.org...

this guy makes some pretty hefty claims also
phoenixtears.ca...

If you were a farmer living in America and you didn't grow hemp, you would be jailed or kicked out of the country as a non patriot.. American made their own must grow laws. At that time, it was one of the most widely used plants in the world. Fact - Cannabis hemp was legal tender (money) in most of America from 1631 until the early 1800s..www.nnytimes.com...

In 2007, two North Dakota farmers were given licenses to grow hemp. This is the first time in over 50 years that hemp has been grown in the U.S., and it represents a shift back towards this valuable and environmentally-friendly crop. Hemp has the potential to revolutionize our economy and bring real prosperity back to America.
Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

Ron Paul & B. Frank team to Legalize marijuana
A new bill has been introduced in the House of Representatives that would "eliminate most Federal penalties for possession of marijuana for personal use, and for other purposes." H.R. 5843 is sponsored by Massachusetts Democrat Barney Frank and co-sponsored by Texas Republican Ron Paul, among others. The bill carries a very reassuring title, too: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults.
dailypaul.com...

*BMW is experimenting with hemp materials in automobiles as part of an effort to make cars more recyclable.
*Much of the bird seed sold in the US has hemp seed (it's sterilized before importation), the hulls of which contain about 25% protein.
*Rudolph Diesel designed his engine to run on hemp oil.
*Kimberly Clark (on the Fortune 500) has a mill in France which produces hemp paper preferred for bibles because it lasts a very long time and doesn't yellow.
*Hemp has been grown for at least the last 12,000 years for fiber (textiles and paper) and food. It has been effectively prohibited in the United States since the 1950s.
*George Washington and Thomas Jefferson both grew hemp. Ben Franklin owned a mill that made hemp paper. Jefferson drafted the Declaration of Independence on hemp paper.naihc.org...

edit on 12-5-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
from hemp you can get paper that will not yellow with age ( no need to cut down trees )
you can also get oil ( no need for oil rigs and all the pollution the they cause
you can also get textiles thats harder wearing than any thats on the market today .

so if hemp was made legal all the companies that produce the above would lose money

Exactly!

There are so many benefits to it for our country as a whole. Except the big corporations and higher ups would not make the kind of money that they do today, so they will not go for it. Extremely sad to say the least.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
ron paul...you da man...I swear he's like the only guy in politics who actually seems to understand what the people really want
edit on 12-5-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution are on paper made from hemp.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

This forum is for the discussion of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups related to the trade and trafficking of illicit drugs, and inequities in enforcement of drug-related laws. Personal use, advocacy of legalization, and related non-conspiratorial topics are not allowed. Members posting about personal recreational use of drugs and related mind-altering substances may be banned without warning.This forum is not intended for discussion of legalization advocacy or speculation of enlightenment or spiritual possibilities related to drug use.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I am thinking about planting some hemp in my garden. I live in one of the states that recently legalized industrial hemp.

I do worry that it will smell like the non-legal THC containing marijuana plant, and attract unwanted attention. Can I uncensor my avatar yet? Johnny loves planting hemp seeds, and it is legal to do so where he lives!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
I am thinking about planting some hemp in my garden. I live in one of the states that recently legalized industrial hemp.

I do worry that it will smell like the non-legal THC containing marijuana plant, and attract unwanted attention. Can I uncensor my avatar yet? Johnny loves planting hemp seeds, and it is legal to do so where he lives!

Sorry, ATS abides by federal law! LOL!

I think people underestimate hemps usefulness as a food source. If TSHTF, that would be the first crop to hit the dirt.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill

sorry the link did not work , i posted this before i saw the video .

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Sometime back I posted 2 pages of information about the uses of hemp and why it is illegal and a mod deleted the whole post , said I was promoting drug use.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I hope this works

101 Files View Slideshow Download All

(sorry it didn't work)
edit on 12-5-2011 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

huh?

wats up with the slideshow clip text thing?
edit on 5/12/2011 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join