It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if space is like the ocean and planets are like islands? That means space is teeming with life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
With life that can survive in space. That life can swim through space like fish through water. The first time I thought of this was watching the youtube vid's someone posted here that questioned whether there was organic life in space. From the video it was quite obvious that there are life forms that live in space.

Can there be huge creatures that also live in space?

What if space is like the bottom of the ocean? What if our galaxy is actually something that is at the bottom of a ocean? Does space not remind others of just that...the pitch black of miles under the ocean.

Just thinking...

But I do believe that there maybe organisms that actually live in space. That space isn't the dead vacumn we've always been taught. If there's one thing we know about life, is that life exists everywhere.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I did often think, "What if aliens dont need air to live"? what do you think?
edit on 22/03/2011 by Alpal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

That space isn't the dead vacumn we've always been taught.

Actually no, it totally is a dead vacuum. That said, life can survive traveling through space, and one of the most compelling theories as to how WE got here is that the spark of life was seeded here by a comet or other impact.

What we know of "life" and classify it currently, i don't think we'd find any floating around in interstellar space. But that's only a limitation of what we have encountered so far. If you are talking intelligent animal like life as in the oceans.... I'd expect to have seen some evidence of this by now.

But I am open to the idea that life, the type we might not currently have encountered, could be out there.

there is next to no oxygen out in space, it's spread way too thin. But life might not require oxygen at all. If it developed out in space it would more than likely sustain itself on the elements that are abundant like Helium and such coming from stars. As well there is plenty of radiation out there, who's to say some form of life hasn't developed a method to feed off of this energy?

Currently we are limited to what we have encountered on earth, and it's incredibly varied. But all of this takes place in a closed system, our planet. We really don't know what could be out there.

In my opinion, alien life evolving off world wouldn't be anything like us at all, and most scientists who actually look into this would agree, it's ridiculous to expect bi-pedal humanoids. This is how we evolved here, but out there is a totally different system.

Different wave lengths of light from their star or stars, different chemical composition of the atmosphere, etc etc.

If intelligent life could swim around out there, well, we should see it as it's had a few billion years to expand before we arrived on the scene.
edit on 12-5-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

If there's one thing we know about life, is that life exists everywhere.

Umm, no, everywhere on earth, yes, we've found no life on the moon, and no hard evidence of life on any other planets we've sent probes to. Those are the facts now, i do believe it's out there somewhere, but right now, all we know is it's apparently unique to earth until we have evidence of the opposite.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

That would be incredible if it were true. Also ties in completely with the theory that UFO's are organic beings....I have never thought about space like that at all before...Pretty sure you just blew my mind. o_0

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

If you are talking intelligent animal like life as in the oceans.... I'd expect to have seen some evidence of this by now..

You Would? The Universe is infinately huge. How would you know where to look for these things if they existed? We barely even know what is in over 90% of our oceans.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I've wondered the same thing for awhile now. I think silicon based life forms are possible but I have no idea how respiration would work in such a lifeform. The reason I think it's possible is due to the fact that Silicon atoms, like Carbon atoms have four valence points which makes them ideal for forming bonds with other atoms to form complex compounds.

There are plenty of videos from NASA missions that show glowing, pulsing objects in space that NASA claims sre merely ice crystals but I'm having a hard time believing that claim....

Here's some "space creatures" captured by NASA on film:

Here's an article that compares Silicon to Carbon and discusses the possibilty of Silicon based lifeforms....

An old Star Trek episode explored the possibilty as well... Long live the Horta!!

edit on 12-5-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Matti420

You Would? The Universe is infinately huge. How would you know where to look for these things if they existed?

Because life spreads, we're infants in the universe, other life out there has potentially had billions of years to advance, evolve, and spread. We don't know much about the ocean because we don't really go looking. the only reason we haven't spread out is biology. If we had different biology and could simply swim around space, we'd have colonized various planets by now.

i'm not ruling it out at all as I've stated above, but right now, outside of earth there is, sadly, zero evidence of life. And no, that nasa video isn't proof it's been completely explained, and before you ask, yes, I sat threw the entire 3 hour analysis of the video.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
That might explain why the Navy were on the moon. However its all a hologram too, and life isn't all the way we imagine it to be, and some channels are very close to each other, and can access ours, and the rules in each area or realm are different.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Matti420

You Would? The Universe is infinately huge. How would you know where to look for these things if they existed?

Because life spreads, we're infants in the universe, other life out there has potentially had billions of years to advance, evolve, and spread. We don't know much about the ocean because we don't really go looking. the only reason we haven't spread out is biology. If we had different biology and could simply swim around space, we'd have colonized various planets by now.

i'm not ruling it out at all as I've stated above, but right now, outside of earth there is, sadly, zero evidence of life. And no, that nasa video isn't proof it's been completely explained, and before you ask, yes, I sat threw the entire 3 hour analysis of the video.

I didn't post the video as evidence... merely a suggestion of the possibility... thank you for your inciteful analysis.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

What if, like Octopus'/Octopi?!?!?!(making reference to what we do know about the creatures in our Oceans) these creatures used a sort of cloaking device to hide themselves as some sort of protection from other beings? Obviously it is impossible for you personally, to answer this....Just throwing the idea out there. =P

But as stated before, the Universe is Infinite, so there is still (even the slightest) possibility of these beings existing in another Galaxy/Solar System.
edit on 09/05/2011 by Matti420 because: Bad grammer...=/

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpal
I did often think, "What if aliens dont need air to live"? what do you think?
edit on 22/03/2011 by Alpal because: (no reason given)

I'm sure there are varieties that don't need air. There's probably some that would die if they breathed air.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

What if we are all cells inside other cells and so on?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
What if there is a type of life in the complexity of the sun's magnetic fields? How would we know?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matti420
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

What if, like Octopus'/Octopi?!?!?!

Try: Cephalopod?

(making reference to what we do know about the creatures in our Oceans) these creatures used a sort of cloaking device to hide themselves as some sort of protection from other beings? Obviously it is impossible for you personally, to answer this....Just throwing the idea out there. =P

Cuttlefish are just as amazing to watch!!! And no one can tell me they're not intelligent!! oO

But as stated before, the Universe is Infinite, so there is still (even the slightest) possibility of these beings existing in another Galaxy/Solar System.
edit on 09/05/2011 by Matti420 because: Bad grammer...=/

"Please do not be alarmed by anything you see or hear around you…We are now cruising at a level of two to the power of two hundred and seventy-six thousand to one against and falling, and we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what is normal anyway. Thank you…"

*Sppppttthhhlluunnkk* - An Octopus and not a Whale, is sucked into existence!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Of course I meant Cephalopod...*aherm*...=P..
edit on 09/05/2011 by Matti420 because: (no reason given)

edit on 09/05/2011 by Matti420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Actually no, it totally is a dead vacuum. That said, life can survive traveling through space, and one of the most compelling theories as to how WE got here is that the spark of life was seeded here by a comet or other impact.

What we know of "life" and classify it currently, i don't think we'd find any floating around in interstellar space. But that's only a limitation of what we have encountered so far. If you are talking intelligent animal like life as in the oceans.... I'd expect to have seen some evidence of this by now.

But I am open to the idea that life, the type we might not currently have encountered, could be out there.

there is next to no oxygen out in space, it's spread way too thin. But life might not require oxygen at all. If it developed out in space it would more than likely sustain itself on the elements that are abundant like Helium and such coming from stars. As well there is plenty of radiation out there, who's to say some form of life hasn't developed a method to feed off of this energy?

Currently we are limited to what we have encountered on earth, and it's incredibly varied. But all of this takes place in a closed system, our planet. We really don't know what could be out there.

In my opinion, alien life evolving off world wouldn't be anything like us at all, and most scientists who actually look into this would agree, it's ridiculous to expect bi-pedal humanoids. This is how we evolved here, but out there is a totally different system.

Different wave lengths of light from their star or stars, different chemical composition of the atmosphere, etc etc.

If intelligent life could swim around out there, well, we should see it as it's had a few billion years to expand before we arrived on the scene.

If there's one thing we know about life, is that life exists everywhere.

Umm, no, everywhere on earth, yes, we've found no life on the moon, and no hard evidence of life on any other planets we've sent probes to. Those are the facts now, i do believe it's out there somewhere, but right now, all we know is it's apparently unique to earth until we have evidence of the opposite.

Your entire post falls under the "what we currently encounter or know".

Firstly, I greatly appreciate your contribution even if I do not agree with parts.

Secondly, I'd challenge "what we know"? What do we actually know about space? Personally, I know what has been taught by researchers making a guess. By researchers who have analyzed data collected from space expeditions. All myself and others can do is take their word for it. I don't believe everything is a conspiracy, but sometimes you have to question what you've been told.

Is it something that would be shared with us if it were found that space is crawling with organic life?

You state that we most likely would have seen evidence if there were creatures living and swimming in space...I counter that not necessarily. Take my suggestion that Earth is like a rock at the bottom of a ocean. How much proof of life would organisms living on that rock have of the vast life that lives in the ocean? I can imagine there are small worms at the bottom of the ocean who (if they were intelligent) think the ocean is mostly dead as they don't see any other activity.

Finally, I'v pondered rather there have been sightings of organisms that can....I don't even know how to put it...fly or jump on and off Earth. What if the ancient asian dragons were organisms that are galactic, they can fly from planet to planet? What if some of the other cryptozoology can do the same?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matti420

That would be incredible if it were true. Also ties in completely with the theory that UFO's are organic beings....I have never thought about space like that at all before...Pretty sure you just blew my mind. o_0

Yeah, I believe some ufos may be biological organisms.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Thanks, that's one of the videos I was referring to. I don't care what the official explanation was for these videos. Indeed some of the images may be ice crystals...but IMO some of the images are definately living organisms.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I started a thread on it have a look at the video in my post and tell me that could not be life...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
life is everywhere...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Think Jellyfish!

On another note there's enough hydrogen out there in the near void of space, why not other elements?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join