It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth Of It All - Conventional Farmers Won't Eat Their Own Food!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
A real Texas farmer tells it like it really is.

Just listen to this! Conventional farmers really do not eat thier own food!

www.youtube.com...

GMO Corn, Soy, Monsanto...they know!

"If you put a label on a genetically engineered food you might as well put a skull and crossbones on it. " http:///RWcH3Exm
- Norman Braksick, president of Asgrow Seed Co., a subsidiary of Monsanto, quoted in the Kansas City Star, March 7, 1994

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f72652d2df72.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 11-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
most drs won't take chemo..
sad state of corporate affairs...

locally a familliy I know who grow potatoes for a major potato chip concern
almost all of the familly has died of, or have Cancer.
except for the members of the familly who moved off the farm
edit on 11-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Even if the FDA were to approve GMO I wouldn't use/eat them. FDA approves something and then years down the road they discover that over the long term there are numerous health issues. We have no clue what the foods will do to our bodies. Does it surprise me that the farmers won't eat their own crops? Not in the least.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Danbones,

Thats truly scary! May I ask, is what locality is this farm?
Thats just regular pototos, I understand even McDonalds wont use the GMO spuds.

www.organicconsumers.org...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Yeah, the farmers know all the dirty secrets. The GMO, the microbes from the pesticides,
the fertilizers that arent! No wonder, its just another confirmation.

I think that somewhere in the backrooms the FDA really knows this too, and they know that its a war
on the people. IMO.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hostess is, or was the corporation...(they may have been bought out since I looked last)
the local is central Ontario

we have a major growing area north of Toronto, my landlord an ex Cop
was telling me recently,
that they have been irradiating all the vegetables from that area since the 70s at least...

sort of makes a person expect kinda expect cancer some day

also they say 85 percent of the corn is contaminated with GMO
which through labeling and other sleight of hand
can probably find its way into our food chain through being an ingredient
like the way corn syrop contains mercury, but it is still being put into everything
edit on 11-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

The radiation of food is another dirty secret, as its not required to label the foods as radiated!
Of course, its all in our best interests, you know.

Corn Syrup is in everything, nearly impossible to avoid. And like you said, its about 90% GMO!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I have read articles that say that Monsanto doesn't allow GMO's in their cafeterias at their offices.
edit on 11-5-2011 by dwmjr1985 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dwmjr1985

I am sure they dont. I have seen the interviews...read the docs here you go

www.scribd.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

These farmers won't eat their own crop. They know the other farmers are doing the same thing. What the heck are they eating?

Seems like nothing is safe any more. Even if you have a small garden with a couple of fruit trees, it won't be able to supply you with all the food you need to eat during a year. Yes, a few fruits and veggies, but what about the wheat, flour, corn, and other items that just need space to grow properly? What about the items that have to be grown in another climate?

I guess if I'm going to poison myself, I might as well eat what I like, since all foods are poison now. Fish are not safe, meat from animals is not safe, milk is not safe, fruits are not safe, veggies are not safe, anything canned or boxed is not safe, water is not safe, so what is left? What is left? Trying to grow you own garden when you can't even keep the house plants alive? That is if you even have the space to do so.

Seedless watermelon tastes terrible this year. What suppose to be the good stuff tastes like the pale pink fleshly part near the rhine on a good watermelon. I really miss watermelon with seeds.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
In 1994 I spent some time helping out on some farmland that mostly produced cotton, corn and wheat... I remember the people there had planted a community garden where they picked their own veggies and that the corn they grew there wasn't the sickly sweet stuff that had been genetically engineered at Texas A&M.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady

These farmers won't eat their own crop. They know the other farmers are doing the same thing. What the heck are they eating?

I would venture a good sum of them have none GMO crops going somewhere, or they buy local
non GMO foods. Good example of this is The White House appoints an ex Monsanto exec
to watch over the food saftey of the U.S. while it has its own organic garden out back.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I know some big farmers. I can vouch for the truth of this. They will not eat the crops they grow. But then, I also know a few doctors and nurses who won't allow their children to be immunised or vaccinated. That says a lot about the world we live in. A good topic we need to be kept aware of. S&F OP.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Yes here as well. I know a few doctors and they dont take the jabs.
Funny that, it speaks volumes. They read the fine print, and the ingredient label.

Thanks for your comments

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

excellent thread
except for the title

flag but no star for scaring me with your title

but i'm sure to star you at some point onward

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

And here I thought that the skull and cross bones would be the scary part.
Well mate, sorry for the scare, hope you get over it nicely.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Reminds me of this.

The Independent newspaper reports that there is a notice in the cafeteria of the Monsanto pharmaceutical factory is High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, advising customers 'as far as practicable, GM soya and maize (has been removed) from all food products served in our restaurant. We have taken the steps to ensure that you, the customer, can feel confident in the food we serve.'

www.wellnessuncovered.com...:gm-foods-not-served-in-monsanto-cafeteria&catid=34:articles- on-gmo-safety&Itemid=15

The mad scientists won't indulge on their own creations.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

no worries juist thought something was wrong with ordinary food

then i see GMO and am actually relieved

still pissed though

my great grand parents were farmers and had quite a bit of land in the southern part of the island [Puerto Rico]
until squatters, and local politicians who were trying to win votes just looked the other way and then allowed them to keep the land they stole, whittled it down to a to a few acres. i have relatives still farming and raising hogs there, and they take pride in eating what they grow.

so it really ANGERS me to hear that these so called farmers aren't willing to eat what they "produce"
what gives them the right to sell it then?

the toerags.

edit on 11-5-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment and punctuation LOL

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

the irony is the the term mad scientist originally refereed to scientists who used themselves as guinea pigs.

we really need more of those original mad scientists IMO

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Thanks for your comments. Your family is as it should be, proud and happy to eat what they
grow and sell. It should not be any other way....and oh by the way, I like the sentiment "toerags".

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join