It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rome braces for 'prophet-predicted quake'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Thousands of people are reported to be staying out of Rome for the next few days, over fears the city will be hit by a huge earthquake.

The panic was sparked by rumours that seismologist Raffaele Bendandi, who died in 1979, predicted the city would be devastated by a quake on 11 May. Officials have insisted quakes cannot be predicted and special programmes have run on state TV calling for calm. But many people said they were leaving the city to be on the safe side.

Full Story

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Geez the guy who predicted the quake was apparently well known back in the 20's. Hope for their sake things will be fine.

They were based on work by Bendandi, who was knighted by Mussolini in 1927 for his prophetic meteorological skill.
He was said to have used his theory that the movement of the planets caused seismic activity to accurately predict a 1923 quake that killed 1,000 people.
Before he died, he pinpointed 11 May 2011 as the day Rome would be totally destroyed - to be followed by two more catastrophic events in May 2012.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Seriously I have my doubts, but stranger things have happened in the world.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Just another prediction I can mark off the list. Another BS prediction. Whats next. Oh yeah, the christens are saying 21st of this month. My god, if I believed this stuff I would be in a padded room by now.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Lolol.
Exactly the way I see it. Every day I catch a new prediction, and every other day I mark another one off. Tbh I don't even mark anything off because I don't follow any in the first place. If one of these cataclysmic predictions actually come true one of these days, it'll be noted on the front page in countless threads. Not like we're gonna miss anything.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Whats next. Oh yeah, the christens are saying 21st of this month. My god, if I believed this stuff I would be in a padded room by now.

I Think not!!!

Get your facts strait...

I am Christian and my family is Christian...

We are NOT saying this BS

That May 21st BS was the half a$$ed idea of some idiot
Harold Camping... and his ideas were broadcasted across the 4 winds by his fundamentalist followers

NOT every Christian is saying 5-21-2011 is the end of time...
Only the lunatics

This Rome business...

Kinda interesting though it was a prediction that came from a Dead Illuminati dog
edit on 5/11/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Let's hope it destroys the Vatican and nothing else!!!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Sorry for that. Should of been more direct in saying what Christian group was saying that BS. Anyways there is far to much dooms dayers making predictions. Thanks for pointing this out.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Noticed this on BBC news 24 early this morning whilst enjoying a bottle of red.
Made me chuckle since it's been on ATS for a while. I love this place.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Didnt know italy was now on the african side of the mediterranean sea now.
No , honestly i'm pretty sure its only a very small amount of ppl who take notice of those prophecies.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Sorry for that. Should of been more direct in saying what Christian group was saying that BS. Anyways there is far to much dooms dayers making predictions. Thanks for pointing this out.

I admire that

You earned my respect by that

edit on 5/11/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
reply to post by aarys

Lolol.
Exactly the way I see it. Every day I catch a new prediction, and every other day I mark another one off. Tbh I don't even mark anything off because I don't follow any in the first place. If one of these cataclysmic predictions actually come true one of these days, it'll be noted on the front page in countless threads. Not like we're gonna miss anything.

Well to be completely fair.... It has happened and recently.

This video was uploaded 2 days before the Japan quake.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
He was close !

MADRID — Two earthquakes struck southeast Spain in quick succession Wednesday, killing at least 10 people, injuring dozens and causing major damage to buildings, officials said. It was the highest quake-related death toll in Spain in more than 50 years.

The epicenter of the quakes – with magnitudes of 4.4 and 5.2 – was close to the town of Lorca, and the second came about two hours after the first, an official with the Murcia regional government said on condition of anonymity in line with department policy.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Lorca, Spain is around 1000 miles from Rome.

new topics

top topics

join