It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite Image And Coordinates Of A Underground Entrance At Groom Lake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
37°14'4.18"N
115°48'26.48"W

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Not hard to find in the picture.

You can see a ladder inside of a deep and wide entrance tunnel.

How was this not obvious before? Did they somehow forget to edit the imagery? What does everyone else think?

-B
edit on 10-5-2011 by baked because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I don't know if that is a ladder or not...if it is, it would be a ladder for gigantic people!
2nd.

link   
That's the entrance for the Annunaki, just ignore it.

link   
reply to post by baked

The proportions of the hole and the ladder look way out of perspective to me.

Look at the road running parallel to the hole - in perspective, that would make the "ladder" 5 x larger than you would expect it to be.

Maybe it's just me looking at it wrong tho ...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Not sure what it is, but i know what it isnt, if it was a ladder going down, then the side rails of the ladder would converge due to perspective as they went down, but you can see they stay straight, so what ever it is its lying on the ground , not going into it.
looks like it might be a test area and stand for static testing of rockets etc.

and as stated in an above post, its way to big to be a ladder.

edit on 10-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

edit on 10-5-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando
reply to post by baked

The proportions of the hole and the ladder look way out of perspective to me.

Look at the road running parallel to the hole - in perspective, that would make the "ladder" 5 x larger than you would expect it to be.

Maybe it's just me looking at it wrong tho ...

yeah the "ladder" wide is about the size of a large pick-up is long....

google earth sometimes makes one feel larger in ones environment when the truth is the environment is much larger than one.

the "hole" itself is probably close to 100 feet in diameter if not more!
edit on 10-5-2011 by Majestyka because: sp

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The coordinates you give take you to a stretch of Groom Lake Road, definitely not the same place as the picture. The coordinates at the bottom of the photo take you to the spot. My bet is its an underground helo hanger.

edit on 10-5-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Perhaps a blurred rendering of scaffolding. Not sure, could be anything.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I would be willing to bet that the 'ladder' is not a ladder but a track for an elevator that bring planes, or whatever up from the underground hanger.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Its not a hole, just a part of the tarmac that the particular photo gives a false impression of depth.

Use the historical imagery feature in the Google earth interface and compare the same area from previous photos.

Hope this helps.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well if that's a runway or a road, that must be one huge person using that ladder

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog
Not sure what it is, but i know what it isnt, if it was a ladder going down, then the side rails of the ladder would converge due to perspective as they went down, but you can see they stay straight, so what ever it is its lying on the ground ,....

Its amazing how even after someone points out an obvious thread killer like the above, people continue on with their "what ifs" and possibilities like it never happened.

If it was a ladder, it most certainly would begin to converge due to perspective. Stop ignoring his post people.
Its not a ladder.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watts

Not sure what it is, but i know what it isnt, if it was a ladder going down, then the side rails of the ladder would converge due to perspective as they went down, but you can see they stay straight, so what ever it is its lying on the ground ,....

Its amazing how even after someone points out an obvious thread killer like the above, people continue on with their "what ifs" and possibilities like it never happened.

If it was a ladder, it most certainly would begin to converge due to perspective. Stop ignoring his post people.
Its not a ladder.

OR what if it's proof that the government has been developing a "secret" ladder that doesn't conform to your primitive concept of "convergence"...

That's the thing about this site: everything can be countered with another illogical conspiracy.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Yes, I now see the perspective of the ladder. Regardless, it's still a hole. You can tell by the dimensions. Some kind of tower, perhaps?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Still putting my money on an entrance to a hanger. That big of an airstrip, that many classified planes/crafts, they arent going to be stored in what little above-ground space that is there. They are OBVIOUSLY stored underground. And they have to have a way to bring them up, if they intend on ever testing them.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
A 3 metre wide ladder ! Check out it' size in relation to roads and vehicles.

Demons in smoke
Structures on the moon
Horses in the clouds
Now a huge ladder in a huge hole.... what can it all mean?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Its a chemical disposal pit one of many the government has there: science.howstuffworks.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Heres azoomed out shot of the same structure, as you can see if it was the entrance to a hanger and was meant to bring planes up it would bring them up onto an old looking runway that would require them to take their billion dollar planes across dirt to get them to the pavement.
seems unlikely. and why wouldn't they build a building over it to hide the underground structure ?
if i had to say something was a entrance to an underground hanger i would pick the building on the right of the photo with the turn around pad behind it..
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8f29ff25ab72.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Heres azoomed out shot of the same structure, as you can see if it was the entrance to a hanger and was meant to bring planes up it would bring them up onto an old looking runway that would require them to take their billion dollar planes across dirt to get them to the pavement.
seems unlikely. and why wouldn't they build a building over it to hide the underground structure ?
if i had to say something was a entrance to an underground hanger i would pick the building on the right of the photo with the turn around pad behind it..

Fair enough, you make a good point, although I was more thinking of a helo-elevator like i said in my first post (not sure why i said plane in the second one
).

The more I look at it though, the more I am not fully convince it is a 'hole' at all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join