It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 30, 2011 "Mandatory Military Muster"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Did anybody else get an "official business" letter from the VA or their their military service they were recently in? I separated from the military in 2009 so I still have the 4 years of ready reserve service, which will end in 2013.

The letter said this will be a mandatory annual muster located at the nearest base from your current address. This is the first time I have heard of such a thing, and was wondering if anyone else got it.

Could there be a big military project in the near future and they want to "number their troops" so to speak?

I'll post more details about the letters I got about the muster depending on the reply I get here.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

The above link is of course a blurb from Wiki, the information you are looking for is in the third paragraph, apparently the military started this as of 2005 for reservists and like you ret ready services so have fun with that, just means a weekend of gunfire and beer, go waste some of our tax dollars on shooting %$#$ up man, you've earned it! Salute the Service not the brass-holes!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Heh, I got one of those type letters a few years ago. I also received a few letters from time to time reminding me that I needed to report to my nearest Army Reserve unit for training. I never did go to those things. And I still receive my VA disability check each month.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Thanks you two for the replies, stars for all! I was aware that I could be called back for service and all that, but what is odd is the letter said this will be a "mandatory muster every year from here on out". I thought that was new and never heard of it before. I mean, I didn't get a letter for this in 2010.

I'm sort of looking forward to it though so I can see my old planes and see what the military ranks are looking like.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

In some instances you can collect a some cash for travel expense!!!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Just go, it isn't that big of a deal. They pay you something like $130 for four hours of standing around. That is a very common letter in the IRR. Nothing to worry about....

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Thanks junkthedragon and ir308, stars for you two. And yes, the letter said $205 for the 4 hours of muster PLUS travel pay, which is 167 miles away 3 hour trip. So I may make a much more from this little trip then I would from my day of work I will have to miss over this

Should be good times all around...I hope. This thread can be deleted I guess now that all has been answered.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I got em when I got out and still had 4 years left. Usually what happened was I showed up they had me sign a piece of paper they asked if I was interested in going reserve active I said no and that was it took about 15 mins. Week or 2 later a check for a 100 something would show up. Isn't a big deal to be honest.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by drift393

Thanks for the info

new topics

top topics

join