It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one who can't help but read "Alternative News" as "Made up *snip*???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
As soon as I see those two words combined, I twinge. I imagine the first headline I am going to see is "Elvis Presley Joins Alex Jones and Bigfoot inside the belly of Loch Ness Monster which is really the Raptoid Mothership as it sprays Chemtrails across the the Mayan Temples that house the scrolls of Solomon and the last splinter of wood from the Jesus cross in preparation for the Crop Circle maps of Doomsday".

Is it just me???
edit on 5/9/2011 by maria_stardust because: Removed profanity from thread title.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Can you give me a source for that please?

I'd like to learn more.

edit on 9-5-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Butterbone
As soon as I see those two words combined, I twinge. I imagine the first headline I am going to see is "Elvis Presley Joins Alex Jones and Bigfoot inside the belly of Loch Ness Monster which is really the Raptoid Mothership as it sprays Chemtrails across the the Mayan Temples that house the scrolls of Solomon and the last splinter of wood from the Jesus cross in preparation for the Crop Circle maps of Doomsday".

Is it just me???
LMAO sometimes i compare those kind of threads to a bomb squad trying to decide on which color wire to cut.
great post!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA that's hilarious. Just sift through the crap you don't want to read and know there are people out there crazier than you. Take everything with a grain of salt and laugh at everything else.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Alternative news outlets, just like the MSM, twist and distort the facts to support whatever their views are.

That being said, they also bring attention to real stories that the MSM wouldn't touch. Look past the spin they put on everything, and you will see there is factual information being presented in there somewhere.

Just like when watching the MSM it's best to apply logic and critical thinking to everything you read/hear on alternative news sites.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Butterbone

Thank you! Couldn't have said it better myself! Also notice how everything happens in this world its because of "TPTB??" Stupid sh*t! "Oh yeah Obama & Osama are the same person beause the CIA blah blah blah because TPTB SAID SO!!!, It's a fact because I read it online and watched vids on youtube! and the rest of the general population are dumb sheeple because I think I know everything!"

SHUUUUUUUUUUT UPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!

I mostly come to ATS for the UFO/Alien/Cryptozoology & paranormal stuff. I hate all the conspiracy theory BS but still skim through them to see exactly how mentally ill some of these posters are.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
As opposed to the msm.... On 9/11 two of the worlds greatest buildings (the twin towers) were brought down by some extremists who probably dont even know how to drive a car. They drove a plane into the side of the buildings and the fire that resulted was so hot that it melted steel... Ya.. clearly alternative news are the crazy ones...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Butterbone
"Elvis Presley Joins Alex Jones and Bigfoot inside the belly of Loch Ness Monster which is really the Raptoid Mothership as it sprays Chemtrails across the the Mayan Temples that house the scrolls of Solomon and the last splinter of wood from the Jesus cross in preparation for the Crop Circle maps of Doomsday".

edit on 5/9/2011 by maria_stardust because: Removed profanity from thread title.

hey you stole my thread idea LMAO!
edit on 9-5-2011 by jaycen420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
And the MSM straight up tells the truth? There's some crazy stuff on the alternative news but there's sometimes crazier stuff on the MSM.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Thank you for the giggle!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Some of it might be, or rather is placed in thew wrong section,it should be base on a factual basis. I'm more offend by the supposed "real" news by the MSM.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'm not defending the MSM. Not by a long shot. I just couldn't hold it in anymore that adding the word "Alternative" instantly attaches crazy talk to whatever it is being reported.

I think my point is that the screaming full throttle drive to label itself has left "not msm" media in a gigantic bucket with so many different types of things, that it may be too late to separate the attempts at "news" from the philosophical, ideological, and just plain entertainment aspects of online media that can attach "alternative" to it's name and get picked up on RSS news feeds.

News shouldn't have alternatives. News is a concept that should only mean one thing. Objective Honest Reporting about what is actually observably and provably happening.

As soon as you accept "alternative news", then you abandon the concept of news as a whole, and what you work towards is "continuous editorial exposition".

And Batboy making out with Carmen Electra on the set of Die Hard 9.

edit on 10-5-2011 by Butterbone because: context

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

News shouldn't have alternatives. News is a concept that should only mean one thing. Objective Honest Reporting about what is actually observably and provably happening. As soon as you accept "alternative news", then you abandon the concept of news as a whole, and what you work towards is "continuous editorial exposition".

You are absolutely right, in an ideal world. Unfortunately, what the population at large has been brainwashed into believing is news is simply propaganda disguised as news. Take OBL for example. That certainly wasn't news enough to merit all OBL all the time on every station for a week straight to the exclusion of other things that are more important in that they affect people's lives much more directly. There is no such thing as objective honest reporting anymore and if you think there is you are as blinded as people that accept everything on "alternative" news channels.

For instance, here are the Featured "News" Stories on CNN.com for 5/10
Schwarznegger, Shriver split
After face transplant, ready to go home
Why Abbottabad was a good Hideout
Bin Ladens 3 wives identified
Do Bin Laden videos help or hurt?
Notes detail 49 days lost in wilderness
Guess who has best abs in Congress
Is Pippa too hot for the Royals?

A good percentage are still OBL related almost 2 weeks after and the ones that aren't are human interest puff pieces. I could give a s**t less about Pippa or who has the best abs in congress. I am interested in who in congress works for what corporation and who voted for things that benefit big business over the American populace. But of course you won't see that in the "News" because the "news" is owned by the same people that own the politicians.

Fox news features aren't much better:
Bristol moves in with who?
Pippa:Indecent Proposal
Biber: CSI stunner Lame
Former Idol singer weighs in
eerie hollywood lookalikes
Depp:Tonto boss of Ranger
Teary Viera leaving "today"

This is "reality programming" it's not news. Yet this is what two major "news" outfits see fit to feature.
At least sometimes on alternative news outlets you get real stories that affect real people and don't just entertain them or keep them numb and dumb.

edit on 10-5-2011 by coyotepoet because: "News stories"

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
OP prefers MSM?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eadd873477a3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
OP prefers MSM?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eadd873477a3.jpg[/atsimg]

No way! I had to stop watching TV news in all it's forms. Damn near drove me crazy.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

No way! I had to stop watching TV news in all it's forms. Damn near drove me crazy.

I hear ya. The crap that passes for "news" these days...

new topics

top topics

join