It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighters Train For Mass Casualty Event

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Firefighters Train For Mass Casualty Event

www.fox2now.com

First-responders were training on how to get victims out. But, what if they had to do the unthinkable: leave one behind?

"It inherently goes against everything that you've been trained to do," said St. Charles Ambulance Education Director Kim McKenna. "To just pick up and leave that patient behind."

Firefighters broke down a door to find a victim impaled by an electrical conduit. But, this is their second visit. These firefighters were first evacuated when an aftershock hit. Then, they waited to make sure the power to the building had been shut off before cutting a victim free.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well, the mystery around the Madrid Fault has graduated from conspiracy to confirmed governmental spending. Disaster preparedness is already in motion as multiple fire companies and EMT's are training collaboratively.

It seems very obvious that there is heightened awareness for this event. I've personally read a few threads about the FEMA coffins being diverted to this area along with a record requests for MRE's. It's almost as if this event is "expected".

This situation is rather haunting.

www.fox2now.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I live in Illinois and can't afford to leave, oh well. I'm 14, guess I'm going down.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I sure hope this is nothing. I wonder if the Nuclear power plants in the area are prepared for such an event. None of those houses or buildings are built to withstand such an event in the midwest...
edit on 9-5-2011 by dwmjr1985 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Well, the mystery around the Madrid Fault has graduated from conspiracy to confirmed governmental spending.

You got that from an article about firefighters doing emergency training?

Disaster preparedness is already in motion as multiple fire companies and EMT's are training collaboratively.

This is a bad thing...?

I also find emergency personnel training for an emergency haunting.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi

Well, the mystery around the Madrid Fault has graduated from conspiracy to confirmed governmental spending.

You got that from an article about firefighters doing emergency training?

Disaster preparedness is already in motion as multiple fire companies and EMT's are training collaboratively.

This is a bad thing...?

I also find emergency personnel training for an emergency haunting.

Yes, considering it's an active fault, it's very haunting.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Disaster prepardness doesn't mean that anything is going to happen. It's just an exercise.

If they DIDN'T prepare, you'd blame them for being complacent. Move along, people.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Thank God they are training.....
Would be horrible if a major disaster happened (fires, tornadoes, earthquakes, hurricanes, etc and nobody was prepared for the aftermath....

Really...this is all common sense. I really do not see the big deal with this. FEMA, firefighters, hospitals, police, etc all train for disasters all over the country

edit on May 9th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
There's evidence of HAARP being used, wake the SNIP up
edit on 5/9/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Potty Letters.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Has it not occurred to anyone that emergency services do semi regular drills for mass emergency from time to time?

Or lets put it this way instead. Imagine an emergency industry NOT training for a mass event from time to time!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Training for a potential event is not exactly prophetic. This could be simply a response to the flurry of attention given to the area and the fault. Keep in mind that many of the people in positions of power are subject to the same types of worries and fears as everyone else. They also love excuses to spend money and taking advantage of current prominent 'underground' theories does not mean they actually know something is going to happen. It could mean they know the future or are going to cause an event, or it could mean a director happens to read this or a similar site...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CodeRed3D

could it not be a critical time anyway to do drills its what ther teaching them that is wer the conspiracy lies

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well, as they said in the newscast, this isn't standard training for this area. Am I the only one of a handful of people that didn't even know a fault line existed in this region. This is not a standard exercise for these departments.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CodeRed3D

Good! They're doing their job!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
""Disaster prepardness doesn't mean that anything is going to happen. It's just an exercise.""

If I remember correctly, the last 3 exercises they had did turn into a disaster....best to be prepared.....

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I would be more worried if they didn't train. At least the tax dollars are going to something besides firemen sleeping 90% of the time.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I found this article that is interesting in the Indiana Economic Digest just posted today...

www.indianaeconomicdigest.net...

It doesn't answer specific questions on the stability of nuclear power plants, but it does point out that no matter the man made building it will never be 100% fool proof protection. Currently Indiana is rethinking their plans to develop a nuclear power plant. Especially after the 5.4 earthquake in 2008.

I am glad to hear that the firefighters and ems are rehearsing these scenarios. It is more than likely just part of their yearly and semi yearly training. (on a side note: this is why I decided to go back to college to studying paramedic science and emergency management.)

P.S. Sorry if the link doesn't work correctly, I'm still new to this.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Training indeed. I was just reading how the military too is training their members to enter such things as combat. There was a local EMT facility that was training its members in operations such as CPR and what not. I'm not sure where all of this training is going to lead us, but I'll be watching them train. Oh yes, I'll be watching alright.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
I live in Illinois and can't afford to leave, oh well. I'm 14, guess I'm going down.

It doesn't mean you're going down with the ship... it means you need to be prepared. If your family won't listen or wake up to what could possibly be going on around us, take it upon yourself to learn, make plans as much as possible for when TSHF.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join