It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dugway searching for missing soldier

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Dugway searching for missing soldier

www.ksl.com

DUGWAY PROVING GROUND — The Army is searching for a missing soldier on this expansive military range who used his cell phone to report he was without shoes and is possibly using his shirt as footwear.

The soldier said he had run out of gas and was walking to the test area, said Dugway spokeswoman Paula Thomas. "Apparently he was wearing flip-flops prior to losing them.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Another vague story coming out of Dugway. I love how they use words like "Apparently" and so on. I will keep an eye on it and see if there are any other sources of info about this.

Dugway has been known for some mysterious stuff happening... if we recall the last big story of missing vial of who knows what .... now we are missing a Soldier.

www.ksl.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

Oh, yeah.. The good old Dugway.
The New Area 51.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The one with a test vial of a particularly nasty experimental agent/weapon?

I wonder if he could be the same guy hiding out in Meadow Utah?

How much is a vial of that stuff worth anyway??

edit on 9-5-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Ok, so he called them on his cell phone and they are the government, but yet they can't trace his cell phone to find him? AYFKM?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Worked at the medical clinic, has no shoes on.... etc. Good one.

Good luck finding this one.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Yeah it's happened to me a number of times. I have ran out of gas, realised I have to walk to the nearest gas station and suddenly lost my footwear. Nobody else? Okay must be me then.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
There definitely has to be more to the story. I'd assume if he'd run out of gas he would've been driving along a road. Why would he not just walk back along the same road - and then he should be pretty easy to find? And how exactly do you lose your shoes? I understand flip flops are not that great for walking in and can slip off...but why not just slip them back on? I don't know, perhaps they just haven't published all the info yet

Michelle

edit: Oh and I just found this link in regards to this

Soldier missing at dugway

Base officials say Bushling was wearing flip-flops and driving a black 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer. His flip-flops have since been recovered by the Army.

So it's not like the shoes were lost or unretrievable...odd
edit on 9-5-2011 by Michelle129th because: to add link

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michelle129th
There definitely has to be more to the story. I'd assume if he'd run out of gas he would've been driving along a road. Why would he not just walk back along the same road - and then he should be pretty easy to find? And how exactly do you lose your shoes? I understand flip flops are not that great for walking in and can slip off...but why not just slip them back on? I don't know, perhaps they just haven't published all the info yet

Michelle

Exactly I would have sent vehicles to check every road that leads to dugway to find his car and start searching from there based on how far a man could have traveled....you know Army stuff.....but appearently only civilians think like this....

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

How on earth did he lose his flip flops lol if thats the quailty of the us army you guys are screwed,

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by picky

How on earth did he lose his flip flops lol if thats the quailty of the us army you guys are screwed,

He should of stayed by the sandals..

They found the sandals but not the guy?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Not many places to hide...the desert out there is pretty wide open.
Why no helicopters out looking for him in the area?
How far could he have gotten in 24 hrs??

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

maby flipflops is a secret name and this is the guy who lost the vx nerve agent.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

reply to post by hillynilly

maby flipflops is a secret name and this is the guy who lost the vx nerve agent.

Or maybe his buddy told him *hey sniff this* and he went retarded...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Looks like they need to start using dummy cords at dugway with everything .. Maybe then they wouldnt lose stuff..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Any updates on this? I've been trying to follow the story but haven't been able to find anything other than what is posted here. Thought someone else may have new info.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Few possibilites I suppose...he's gone crazy, gone awol(or awol+crazy), killed by some wild animal, abducted but the aliens spat out the flip flops
, walked so far that he collapsed...

Few oddities:

Does the army allow people to drive around freely without being tracked somehow in a military area? I'm sure they have constant radar etc monitoring to ensure planes don't enter the area, why not on the ground too? Can one of their guys really be 'lost' in there and they have no idea where he is? What if it was an enemy soldier?

I'm sure they can find him using a satellite+thermal or detecting his mobile phone signature, even if it has no signal. Come on I'm sure the CIA/NSA etc does that to thousands of citizens every day

If he started to walk to where he was supposed to be, he wouldn't have been that far...If he was in the middle of nowhere, he would have asked directly for help at the time.

As has been mentioned...the flipflops...They must've been close to the car, as I can't see flipflops being easily detectable, whereas the car is a big object easily visible from a distance...So the search team found the car and the flip flops were near to it or so. So the guy left the car, and left his flip flops. Why would you do that?

The silly conspiracy theorist in me presents this option: The army/alphabet agency had to kill him off for whatever reason so created this back story to explain it and it will forever stay a mystery. Bit of a lame excuse for the family though and they could have come up with something better, so I doubt this is true. However, otherwise, there is no point releasing this statement to the media. Now that they have, they can say to the family "look, it was in the media, this is what happened".

There must be roads around the place that can be quickly checked with some kind of phone or radio point every few miles, therefore he would stick to the route...Otherwise this would happen all the time with people getting 'lost' and dying in the middle of the desert. There's no reason for him to be going 'cross country', especially when they could be releasing poisons into the air or dropping bombs.

So quite a strange situation...I can certainly see him going awol, but would things really be that bad, is there no other way? He may well have taken a second pair of shoes and other supplies with him, so the flip flops might not even be relevant.

Because I can definitely say, that someone wearing flip flops in a desert without a backup mode of transport would be confident that their destination is easily reachable, especially if he didn't ask for support when he could use his phone...So he should've made it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Abduction victims are reported to find themselves lost and without articles of clothing they were previously wearing.
I propose that this individual is the victim of a snatch and probe......or a very, very serious hangover.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Well, the mil. does 'lose' stuff. After I was in a base hospital (Nevada) the young clerk was completely unable to locate my records from that, and had to make new blank ones for me from that point.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I blew out my flip-flop
Stepped on a pop-top
Cut my heel had to cruise on back home
But there's booze in the blender
And soon it will render
That frozen concoction that helps me hang on

Wastin' away again in Margaritaville
Searching for my lost shaker of salt
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame
But I know it's my own damn fault
Yes and some people claim that there's a woman to blame
And I know it's my own damn fault