It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Vows to Attack Any Future US Raid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Pakistan Vows to Attack Any Future US Raid

www.newsmax.com

Pakistan’s Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has warned the United States against further incursions into his country following the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, saying that future strikes would be met with “full force.”

“Pakistan reserves the right to retaliate with full force. No one should underestimate the resolve and capability of our nation and armed forces to defend our sacred homeland.”
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5/9/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Pakistan scrambled jet fighters and sent forces to bin Laden’s compound in Abbottabad as soon as they were aware of the raid, but they did not arrive in time to interdict American forces, Gilani said.

This is rather amazing in my opinion. I can completely understand the sentiments of the Pakistani leader because it is his sovereign territory which was being invaded for this mission to occur without his prior approval.

Imagine what would have occurred had those Paki jet fighters arrived to the compound before the US Navy Seals left. That could have turned out horrible!

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5/9/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Summing up the current state of American-Pakistani relations, Richard Haas, president of the Council on Foreign Relations, told CNN: “At best, we’re a limited partner and often the emphasis should be on the word ‘limited’ rather than ‘partner.’ It makes the American military and the American intelligence services incredibly suspicious of their Pakistani counterparts.”

Isn't it just heartwarming that the Council on Foreign Relations is considered to provide United States policy and posture regarding international affairs? I'm so glad we all voted for Mr. Haas to lead the Council which guides and leads the American people in this global community! [/end sarcasm]

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If you can accept the obvious anti Islamic sentiment then this is actually quite ironic and almost comical......

www.boreme.com...

PDUK

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Pakistan scrambled jet fighters and sent forces to bin Laden’s compound in Abbottabad as soon as they were aware of the raid, but they did not arrive in time to interdict American forces, Gilani said.

This is rather amazing in my opinion. I can completely understand the sentiments of the Pakistani leader because it is his sovereign territory which was being invaded for this mission to occur without his prior approval.

There is no such thing as "sovereign territory" where the US has interests to protect, or national security objectives.

I swear, theses countries need to realize who their true masters are, and stop bitching.

We are your friends.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9-5-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Is this an admission that they were protecting Bin Laden?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well great, yet another possible war that could be started by the U.S. When will America realize it can't rule the world for itself...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I thought Obama said he had full cooperation with the Pakistani President? Although Obama is a liar, this smells like the Pakistani PM trying to save face and sound tough in front of his legislature. How long do scrambled jets take to get to the compound? Although Pakistan would be within their right, are they really going to take out and entire SEAL team and risk immediate and severe retaliation from the US?

I don't think so.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMessenger1
Well great, yet another possible war that could be started by the U.S. When will America realize it can't rule the world for itself...

When will the world realize that the USA is an empire, and that we already rule the world whether they like it or not?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

they clearly cannot keep their shiite together, what with osama and all...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

If Pakistani jets would have been dispatched they would have been shot down and the situation would have gotten real bad. That's of course only applicable if the Pakis didn't know which I doubt very much. They're just trying to appease their citizens.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I think aside from the fact the commandos swooped in with with ease to take care of business, has abit to do with these statements. However I think they truely do fear this is a real possibility, first reason why is because the US wants all down chopper material back. If they dont turn it over it will be destroyed asap, it really needs to be done. I also believe they fear what will be proven about links to OBL. First you see bickering and pomp in the media, then the bigger story emerges and brings forth the conflict. Theres also a nuke problem to destroy, and could surround Iran somemore...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I Ponder how long until the next 'Raid'.. which will commence a war.. or at the least retaliation attempts.. which could induce a 'War Situation'..

all part of the plan folks

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
"It makes the American military and the American intelligence services incredibly suspicious of their Pakistani counterparts.”

you sure about that buds? you know maybe they're getting suspicious of us and all since we are the ones invading their territory, that's kind of suspicious if you ask me.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Abney

Well the military is about half-half when it comes to US intervention and bombing of their country.

Half are pissed and would want to fight back the US, because some are nationalists and some are pro-Talibans... and half know what problems Pakistan has and the Pakistani government by itself doesn't control much of Pakistan. And with that recent ``Bin Laden`` raid... it will certainly give the edge to the ``nationalists``... and that could be real bad.

But think a little what would happen if Mexico started sending drones over the southern states and bombed houses everyday, killing lots of innocents bystanders, while saying ``it's alright, we killed members of Las Zetas``... hell if Mexico would be doing that, I know most people in the US would see this as an act of war and would be calling to invade Mexico.

The biggest problem with Pakistan is the 12000 madrassas... A madrassa is an Islamic school where they teach you to learn the Koran by heart. Those were funded by the Saudis and the US back in the 60-70s to teach religious extremism so the Pakistanis would be brainwashed to go fight the Soviets... the books were even printed by the US department of education...

Problem is... those schools are still up and running today. Since Pakistan is quite poor, they don't have money to build REAL SCHOOLS... so most of their young only education is ``i know the Koran by heart``... which isn't useful in any way for a real job. So with no real job, poor, pissed and being very religious... it's very easy to become extremist.

Pakistan won't ``solve`` itself till those religious schools are closed and real schools are opened. Then it'll take at least a generation or two to weed out religious extremism. So this ain't over by a long shot.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
IMO, I think the rhetoric is exactly what one would expect...

The fundi-righties in Pakistan are no different really, could you imagine a Swedish strike team flying into
Texas to take out a perceived, murderous terrorist, Sweden's most wanted... First off politicians will have no political choice but to breath fire or be called the weak on national defense routine, Texans would loose their
bleeding minds, head would literally explode. Same dynamics

Nationally speaking, this kind of posturing is meant to deflect an embarrassing situation... I mean, the narrative
is REALLY embarrassing. The negative things you can infer cut deep, wide spread corruption and ineptitude (actually talking about Pakistan)

rattle them sabers

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
"It makes the American military and the American intelligence services incredibly suspicious of their Pakistani counterparts.”

you sure about that buds? you know maybe they're getting suspicious of us and all since we are the ones invading their territory, that's kind of suspicious if you ask me.

we wouldn't be invading their territory if they weren't harboring terrorists that are hell bent killing us.

then they complain about it... the nerve.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
i think this was more of a "look india america pulled it off. dont you even dare think about it" and also he's got to stand up put on his mean face and stand up for his country at least in the eyes of the pakistani people who were pretty peed off with the drone strikes (for good reason too the amount of cavillions that have died) and now this a full cross border raid with boots on the ground. america are already at war with pakistan in the same way there at war with yemen.

imagine what pakistan could do to all those troops in afgan?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Imagine what would have occurred had those Paki jet fighters arrived to the compound before the US Navy Seals left. That could have turned out horrible!

Self defense is "horrible"?

What would happen if any country in the world conducted an armed raid on the US? What would happen if any country in the world flew missile drones over the US -- murdering men, women and children at will?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

When will the world realize that the USA is an empire, and that we already rule the world whether they like it or not?

An "empire" based on the dollar, which is currently sinking like a lead balloon...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join