It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya: U.S. plan to use frozen assets to fund rebels is 'piracy'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Libya: U.S. plan to use frozen assets to fund rebels is 'piracy'

www.haaretz.com

Clinton tells anti-Gadhafi countries meeting in Rome that Washington would try to pass legislation to unblock about $30 billion in frozen assets and hand them to anti-Gadhafi forces.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
So Clintons trying to pass legislation that would allow them to transfer frozen assets from Gadhafi to Anti-Gadhafi rebels....

So this means, if we ever go to war with a country in the future (say N.Korea, Iran, China or Russia), we could 'freeze' their assets and 'transfer' them to *fill in the blank*? Couldn't we just put a gun to their head and say "Give me the cash"?
edit on 7-5-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
What complete crap that is! How on Earth is that legal AT ALL???

Then Years later the US will attack Libya and the Rebels will fight back and then America will make them out to be terrorists coz they have money and arms etc ...

Exactly what happened in Afghanistan, US gave them the money and arms and then Years later questioned how the Afghanis had money and arms that belonged to the US!!!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
How on Earth is that legal AT ALL???

It's not legal.

Yet.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

How on Earth is that legal AT ALL???

It's not legal.

Yet.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Sending stolen cash to the weaker side so they can buy more guns to keep a war going longer makes a mockery of the stated "humanitarian" aims of the intervention.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Wait a tick.. anti Gaddaffi forces?
So give billions to radical muslim rebels to oust Gaddaffi.
Do we never learn?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The annoying thing is ... Because USA will pass the legislation to make this "legal" ... The UN and NATO and other Countries of the World won't question it ...

Putin etc. might "oooh aaah" a bit but then go quiet ...

It's just how everything is turning out ... If USA does something, everyone eventually is okay with the idea, no matter how illegal or barbaric it may be!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Did BILL ever pass on any of that money to the Hatians?
NO

you don't think him and Hillary talk at breakfast...
oh thats how you done it..cool..I want a big prosthetic like yours too Bill..
but I don't want the bill...( heh heh )

well, this is how you pay for them dear...

I doubt al CIA duh needs any more funds...they got afgani heroin goin on....
oh, they may have kept that money for doing research at beach resorts..
now, its all making sense

unlike the US
which GAVE all it's money to the oligarchs
Putin TOOK the money from the oligarchs
they were the actual enemy

Now the oligarchs must steal the money from a bunch of little countries
because the big scores are too wary
Well two of them are wary, the third went down like a bag of sheep.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
In other words, the US is going to FUND Al Qaeda

Al Qaeda in Libya

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by moogins

yes
second word

ironic isn't it

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by moogins

In other words, the US is going to FUND Al Qaeda

Al Qaeda in Libya

Exactly!!! They'll do this now and then cry about it Years from now and then BBC & CNN will make these rebels look like they stole all the money etc. and the gullible citizens of this Sold Out World will believe every word!

With Afghanistan, everyone believed the CNN/BCC stories!

It's just how the cookie crumbles I'me afraid ... Once the Mainstream Media opens it's mouth, the blinded people say ... Oh My God ... That's so true, the rebels need to be annihilated!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

What complete crap that is! How on Earth is that legal AT ALL???

It never ceases to amaze me how people seem to think here on ATS. The world is not a fair place and probably, never will be. It's not part of humans nature. People first care about themselves, then about relatives and not too much about the rest. Those in power do what is best for them, not what is best for others, not what is fairest.

Although I not necessarily have an opinion on this particular case, you can put your money on it that once China rules this globe, they will behave no differently. Those on top of the food chain decide what happens, whether you like it or not.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by moogins

Yep. This is exactly what Gaddaffi said when we started helping the rebels.
It is also why I think they tried to kill him last week. Not to eliminate a bad guy, but to eliminate him particularly before making any movies on the OBL story.

My little read thread, i tried to get some discussion on this last night.
I don't think people got what I was getting at.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

Let's hope China doesn't have the same moral certainty about US domestic policies as the US does about Libya...

In 2008 China owned$700 billion worth of US assets and debts. By now, it's approaching double...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

How convenient that we only care about property rights when it suits us to. But that really should be no surprise.

Piracy is the right word. Torture, holding people for life without trial, stealing the assets of others and using it as we see fit, attacking nations who have done nothing to us, whats next? And just where will we the people draw the line?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Let's disperse all of the assets of the American rich elite to the American people on ground level and see what happens.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
This is simply a redistribution of wealth from the rich (Qaddafi government) to the "poor" (Libyan rebels). This is simply redistribution of wealth on an international scale. Why is it not legal? Most people in all Western countries love redistribution of wealth so why are you complaining now? It is the same principle. Government using force to transfer the riches from the wealthy to the poor so as to help "give them a hand up" and an "equal playing field".

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

Legislation to rob.... making robbing "legal". Well that's what they do with income tax so.... The criminals are in charge.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
This is simply a redistribution of wealth from the rich (Qaddafi government) to the "poor" (Libyan rebels). This is simply redistribution of wealth on an international scale. Why is it not legal? Most people in all Western countries love redistribution of wealth so why are you complaining now? It is the same principle. Government using force to transfer the riches from the wealthy to the poor so as to help "give them a hand up" and an "equal playing field".

You do realize that Libya was actually pretty high up there for an African country in terms of civil rights and individual wealth, right? Probably why Gadaffi was at the forefront of a more progressive and efficient African Union.

I mean, it's pretty damn sad to see people claiming Libya was run by some evil despot with all of the wealth while his population lived in poverty, when all you have to do is look at Africa itself and see that the entire frikken continent lives under exploitation just to provide resources to the West. For example, look up coffee prices on the Western market, and the amount that Western corporations actually pay African coffee farmers.

Why don't Africans just unionize, you may ask? Because that's a serious threat to capitalism, and globalism in third world countries is enforced by Western-backed despots who enjoy exploiting their country's wealth, as long as the West keeps flowing money to them.

Perhaps it might be logical to assume that Gadaffi wasn't pro-West, nor was he pro-exploitation. In fact, as we have seen in many damning examples in recent history, everything the West claims about so called despots that they need to enforce regime change against, has all been the opposite of the ground situation and the end result tends to be what the excuse originally was (except now there are convenient strings in place).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join