It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama bin Laden killing was 'abhorrent', says Castro

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Osama bin Laden killing was 'abhorrent', says Castro

www.guardian.co.uk

Fidel Castro has accused the US of executing Osama bin Laden, violating Pakistani law and desecrating Muslim burial tradition in an "abhorrent" operation.

Killing the unarmed al-Qaida leader in front of his family and burying the body at sea would multiply "hatred and revenge" against the US rather than make it safer, said Cuba's former president.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You know something is really wrong with the world when the words of Fidel Castro of all, make sense.

Where is this world coming to? State-sponsored violence is becoming increasingly brutal and unnecessary while at the same time, we the people are being weakened and our liberties stripped away from us.
To me, it looks like most don't even give 2 sh!ts about losing their liberties and practically welcome tyranny.

When will we finally wake the hell up and say "Enough is enough!".
When will we realize that freedom is NOT free and take this damn planet back?!

I'm tired of all the bloodshed. I'm tired of seeing how every single system is created to oppress us and dumb us down. I'm tired of turning the TV on and seeing disinformation on the news, actors as newsreaders/correspondents and brainwashing in entertainment programs.

Come on people. We have been asleep for long enough. The world is not going to fix itself and the elites will in no way just stop. They seem to have forgotten what the meaning of "fear the people" is. Lets make them remember...

IT--

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-5-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
What the hell is Castro bleating about. Doesn't he visit ATS and see Osama is not dead according to ATS'ers brilliant deductions...?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

Here is the problem and it's a huge problem in my humble opinion, when we as a nation commit such brazen acts we lose the very moral high ground we claim to have to justify our constant interference in other nation's sovereign affairs.

Castro has probably had more people executed in cold blood for political reasons without a trial than any other living leader on the planet presently.

Yet the truth is that doesn't negate the legitimacy and validity of his comments, but illustrates how far down the moral abyss we have fallen, when someone so far done it already can in essence take the moral high ground and be right.

Even the genuine dictators of the world can now take pot shots at us for our unilatteral actions that violate sovereign nations at will and murder people in cold blood with no due process of law.

To think many of us think we are doing the world a favor by exporting our system and forcing other sovereign nations through violence to adopt it.

We might as well be exporting Castro's there is after all little to no difference at this point.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Why does it take Castro to state the obvious?

I guess it's because he isn't censored like the MSM.

So many World Leaders condemning and challenging this action (Stage Play?)

Are we to believe that only Obama is telling the truth?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
castro should be thankful they didnt come after him.

but then agian who cares what castro thinks.

and really whose stupid enough to beleive obama killed osama.

meh the world went stupid in the matter of one week.

whats next? i ask you all.

so much for the most educated most civilized era of world human history.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Probably giving him flashbacks about what the US did to his friend Che.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, I suppose. If he's being hypocritical or in denial about things he may or may not have done in the past, he's the one who has to live with that. But I'm sure his perception is that the fight he fought and who he fought it against was right. Just as I'm sure the people fighting the fight in the Middle East and Central Asia today feel they're right. And in reality, it's the same fight.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but who gives a hoot what Castro's opinion is.

Giving any time to opinions of people like him is a waste of time, considering they are always gonna say something negative about the U.S. if the opportunity presents itself.

I'm sure next we'll here Hugo Chavez is appalled.

We've got enough problems dealing with our own population's inability to see what's going on......

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

So was the death of his policital opponents... Talk about your chicekn coming home to roost. I think some leaders speak out about things like this so they can attempt to avoid the same fate.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

That sort of response from Castro was as predictable as the sun coming up tomorrow morning Bahahahah! If the USA had located Osama and not killed him Castro would have said they were soft! He just likes to go the opposite opinion when it comes to the USA every time! No news or insight here! lol!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

Yeah, and Castro is blameless?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by edog11

Here is the problem and it's a huge problem in my humble opinion, when we as a nation

Whoa whoa whoa!

WE as a nation? Last I remembered you don't pay taxes...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
If what happened in the 'Raid' is factual.. then his comments are that of the truth

Hypothetically

Assassinated - Fact

desecrating Muslim burial tradition - as far as the knowledge and information I'm savvy on - Fact

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

If a brutal communist dictator says so, it must be true. Where do these goats get the never to stand up on their hind legs and bleat? I hope, sooner or late, the people of Cuba are able to throw off that state enforced poverty and need..

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
F Castro- egomaniacal d-bag... i'm so sick of people who sympathize with these tyrants. they are nothing but parasites on humanity

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome
F Castro- egomaniacal d-bag... i'm so sick of people who sympathize with these tyrants. they are nothing but parasites on humanity

Indeed, but how could one logically believe that the 'USA" is superior in actions? given the back history that it shares

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
At what point in time did anybody care what Casto
says?

Maybe Pope John Paul II said he liked him...but I think he was lying!

The only thing about Castro is that he out lived all of his original enemies

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

I am sure he does think it is abhorrent. The CIA attempted to kill him more than once. The first time was around 1960-1961. This type of getting rid of the enmy is anything but new for the US. I also remember the troops being sent into Panama to capture Noreiga. Another CIA operative.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

I hate admitting it but he is actually right.. it sounds like they just threw him overboard. As far as I know in Islam you're supposed to bury the body within a day facing mecca and you're suppose to make sure the corpse isn't eaten by predators.

Yet they turned him into fishfood.

I think the US government claiming they respected and followed islamic tradition is what annoys me most. Frankly they would've been better off saying he died of old age. Ideally they would have actually caught him so he could face trial.
edit on 6-5-2011 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I see Castro as a very likely candidate for one of the "Two Witnesses"; because I believe that the true witnesses will not be speaking scripture but instead "truth". Only a World Leader with such a long history could really ever know truth as this man has; could be that Gadhafi might be the other Witness??

It certainly makes sense when I learn of Castro's person feelings on Nuclear Proliferation. I am a firm believer that the Hand of GOD works through us all in so many ways and ultimately we are all part of the story, we only need to look around to recognize who is actively a part of the tale that seems to be playing out before our very eyes.

Interestingly the Two Witnesses will be killed before the kings (or leaders) of the World, only to be resurrected and lifted unto Heaven. I am certain that our leaders will look like the recent photograph of the "Situation Room" following OBL slaying (I am on the fence so will say supposed slaying). May 1 no less!

I have always assumed that the Witnesses would be killed together, but who is to say, and who is to say that they resurrected after three days in the sense of what we understand as three days. This could be why they had to dispose of Bin Laden's body for fear he might pop up and do the cha'cha'cha after three days! Or, he really did resurrect and already was lifted to Heaven and the cover is "burial by sea". I find the entire burial part of the story to be the part that just does not jive.

What a shocker that would be for ole Bin Laden if he found himself in Heaven, zero virgins, and being told that Christianity was the "Truth", and now he has a job to do at bringing down his brethren; he might wish he were in Hell! Of course I am being playful in my assumptions as a means of seeing OBL suffer for his own doings, and I do not see him as a Witness as he had nothing but callous regard for anything outside of his conditioning and was likely just a religious zealot with a ton of money and a big fat family in Saudi.

As for Castro, I think he has a ton of things to say about the World just as any good Witness would!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join