It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBL 'planned 9/11 anniversary attack'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Osama Bin Laden

www.bbc.co.uk

Documents found at Osama Bin Laden's Pakistan home suggest he was planning attacks on the US including on the 10th anniversary of 9/11, US reports say.

One plan aimed to target a US rail route, the reports said, although no imminent threat was detected.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6-5-2011 by Lulzaroonie because: title correction

edit on 6-5-2011 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
You can read the rest of the story in the article, but this struck me as being particularly strange.

Why would Osama Bin Laden attack a rail line?

If he did master mind the World Trade Centres, it smashed the Nation's stocks and money market. What would derailing a train do?

This is supposed to be the worlds baddest terrorist, and he was only going to derail a train? What gives?

You just knew they couldn't leave him dead without bringing out some more stories on his next evil plans...

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-5-2011 by Lulzaroonie because: spelling correction

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Of course!!! Thank god we got him then!! Obama vindicated!!!

So where are these plans again? Can we see them please Barry?

IRM

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I guess I should clarify that it seems a little 'beneath' the worlds most wanted terrorist to only derail a train which would only affect such a small population of people, where-as the WTC attack affected millions

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
why does the movie source code instantly come to mind?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Why not hit a rail line? Terrorist groups don't care what what structure it is or where it is along as they can cause carnage and mass death.

Fear is all they can attack with but if we are not affriad then we will win eventually.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

Since OBL reportedly wanted to 'bleed the US economy dry' see here I just figured more damage could be done in ruining the cash flow of the nation than blowing up a train
edit on 6-5-2011 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Remember Japan, the Sarin gas attacks on their subway lines? It was a simple plan and very effective.

The goal isn't to just destroy infrastructure, but to inflict terror. Rail lines are still largely vulnerable and would be easy to attack even if they wouldn't cause any major damage. Osama bin Laden obviously recognized that a repeat of the WTC attacks wasn't going to be possible, nor any sort of hijacked airliner attack.

Maybe this is what those crude earlier attacks on airlines were for - the underwear bomber and the shoe bomber, both of whom were thought to be connected to AQ. Probably they were just low-level patsy's whose missions were doomed to failure and known to AQ to be doomed to failure, but with the goal of keeping our attention on airlines and airport security, at the expense of paying attention to other weaknesses like rail lines or ports.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
this is just more conflicting information,to confuse everyone..

instead of the governments spin leaking machine,pumping out this fear mongering rubbish....they should back up there claim of killing OBL..with some footage,or just a simple little photo.

they claim they can't release the photo,because it will upset the muslim world....it's stuff like this that winds up the muslim world....

EDIT:
come on people put the logic cap on...

this story here and the OBL death by a super secret navy seal team,stinks worse then a fish market...weather you believe bin laden been dead years or not.
edit on 6-5-2011 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Or perhaps another way to keep people afraid despite the removal of the threat.. I dunno.
Just struck me as one of those cases where they just HAD to blacken his name more, terrorist attack in 1997, supposed terrorist attack in 2001, used his 'wife as a shield', planned anniversary attack; constant reinforcement that THIS WAS A BAD MAN lol

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Seems to be the case lately hey.

They say possession is nine tenths of the law,
But there aint no truth knockin' at my door,
All i feel is decieved,
No-one can be believed,
Yet the majority cant see this flaw......

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Perhaps the Whitehouse has learnt something from ATS membership. You can make all kinds of outrageous claims with no evidence and people will still drink the kool-aid!

IRM

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This does not surprise me at all. Total rail shipments are very predictable and rise and fall with the cost of oil. They can swing between roughly 8% and 37%, rising and falling with the cost of oil. With oil prices high they are a very easy soft target that can drasticaly effect the US economy and the shipment of goods.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Perhaps the Whitehouse has learnt something from ATS membership. You can make all kinds of outrageous claims with no evidence and people will still drink the kool-aid!

IRM

Wow, you read my mind. We should start an over/under on how many threads will be started over OBL.
There has to be 50 already lol!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
This is so ridiculous.

If Al-CIAda were for real, we would have seen ``real`` terrorist attacks by now... an example of what they could do...

Organizing a dozen guy with ak-47s in a few shopping malls/schools across the country isn't exactly rocket science...they can all get their weapons legally... (if the ATF doesn't give it to them).. they just need to do one meeting to set the time and date of the coordinated attacks... very simple to do...

And the gov would be unable to stop it. They can't intercept the communications, there's none. They can't say they were in a ``terrorist training camp``... they just cannot stop them from doing so unless they turn themselves in...

And guess what, this type of thing hasn't happened...

If the threat was real, we would have seen this type of thing.. a dozen times + since 2001... but guess what, we haven't seen that... so the whole Al-CIAda thing is BS.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Sorry . . . I'm not buying it. Although I've got no proof, this just seems like a relatively plausible excuse to:

a) show the sheeple how the gubmint is doin' really good things to save yer ass.
b) show the sheeple that we really need the gubmint to save our asses.
c) show the sheeple that they need to hire about ten gazillion of our bestest campaign supporter's employees at inflated rates to pat down llamas, cattle and the sixteen people that actually use long distance rail service, all while making a hefty profit for said campaign supporters who pay their workers $8 per hour but charge the gubmint $85 per hour for said service.

Honestly, I really believe that this is a load of crap.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
let me get this straight:

Barry wants me to believe there was an attack
planned from info they got off hard drives from
a man that doesn't use computers, also from
a man that has been dead for 10 years and also
from a Psy-Op lie that covered up another Psy-Op
lie and lastly TERROR TERROR TERROR policy
from a Bush Administration ??? Does that about
cover it ???

hahahaha

the answer is NO !!
I don't believe it.

Show me the money shot,
or it didn't happen.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Oh, how very convenient for President Osama (oops, Obama) - just at a time when his ratings were low and some were calling for his impeachment over Libya.

Dead Osama Bin Laden once again rode in on his white horse, and saved the President.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Hahahaha,disinformation in its full glory...but very few will fall for this one.
Lies,lies,lies...haven't they heard that lies have short legs?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Speaking as a railfan and someone who knows a few persons in railroading.

As a person who spends their time and interest in the photography of the railways. You will see just about anything you can think of on the railroads when it comes to rail security. It is nothing to see people trespassing on or around railroad property equipment. Even though some people may or may not realize it, they are committing a crime when they trespass on railroad property. For example, I was out at one of the local railfan spots around here and what did I see pray tell? A kid, maybe ten or twelve years old sitting on the tracks on his bicycle all the while talking to someone on a cell phone. Did I take photos of him sitting there on the tracks? Yes, I took photos of him and he did not even realize that I had taken the photos. It would be nothing for someone to place a bomb on the tracks so that a train could hit it. It would be nothing for someone to tamper with the track so that a train would derail. Nothing as in if the person or persons knew what they had to do to tamper the tracks.

Does this in anyway prove that the railroads are not as secure as they should be? Speaking from experience by seeing how lax the law enforcement from the railroads is just around my area. The law enforcement from the railroads is not enough to keep some kind of terrorist incident from happening. Some people may ask why the local police aren't in charge of securing a railroad that runs through their city. If a police department has a "Transit Police Division," that division only protects the stations and the properties around the stations. in just about every single community in the United States. The local police departments have no jurisdiction or authority over the railroads. Seeing as to how the freight railroads own just about every single mile of track in the United States and Canada. It is hard to enforce the laws on or around railroad property when people are trespassing.

If a terrorist really wanted to cause a little bit of chaos with the economy. All they would have to do is to attack a major mainline, like Union Pacific's Intercontinental Mainline between Chicago and Salt Lake City, Utah, which would cause some disruption. However, an attack on one major rail line won't cripple the economy like some would think it would. An attack on one line would just cause the traffic from the effected line to be rerouted to other lines on a particular railroad company's system or onto another railroad if one of the mainlines could not handle the increase in traffic.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join