It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA claims power to seize food without evidence of contamination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

FDA claims power to seize food without evidence of contamination

www.activistpost.com

A few hours ago, the Food and Drug Administration declared it no longer needs credible evidence to seize food that may be contaminated. Ignoring the Fourth Amendment entirely, the FDA claims that based on mere suspicion that a food product has been contaminated or mislabeled, and that serious illness or death will result, it can hold the food for 30 days while it then looks for evidence. It claims this power under the Food Safety Modernization Act, which President Monsanto, I mean, Obama, signed in January.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.fda.gov

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline
edit on 5/5/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Hurray Capitalism!!
Obama should be president until the rester of his life!!
Say Yay if your edumacation sucked ass! Yayyy!!!

I don't know how much longer we're going to let these corporate Fnck faces stay in power, but I say we take em out of office, and torture them before Comet Elenin arrives. Or do you guys think that's kind of mean?

What would Jesus do?

www.activistpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
All hail our wonderful and wise leaders for making the decisions for us that we cannot!

All hail them for standing up for our freedoms and ensuring our safety and sanctity!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I love the possibility of unwarned government seizure of my food during times of famine or hardship...

Just because it is...

based on mere suspicion that a food product has been contaminated or mislabeled, and that serious illness or death will result

deemed... contaminated.

FACK you all

and by "all"

I mean you...

and by "you"

I mean Hitler... errrrr... Heir Barack

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
all this would end if we could grow our own food.

second line

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
all this is
is just a law to keep you
in the matrix

surely dont want no
Neos running around
do we

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
i am now declaring i no longer need credible evidence to shoot anybody attempting to steal my food.

stealing food, specially in times of famine, for any reason, is an attempt at murder.

i will not be murdered.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I actually just read that in the news and wanted to make it through the long form FDA Food Safety Modernization Act. I would like to make sure that there is no "fine print" that allows for entrance or recovery from in home. I do have a small garden and would also like to make sure they can not just come and torch it for my "safety". It may take me a while to read but I have managed to survive some even slower reading so here it goes.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Who says you cant grow your own food !?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I am looking forward to the shorter version but found a few things iffy. With the current flooding in many farming regions the FDA can jump in at anytime and declare the food to be poor standing.

If the Secretary believes that there is a reasonable probability that the use of or exposure to an article of food, and any other article of food that the Secretary reasonably believes is likely to be affected in a similar manner, will cause serious adverse health consequences or death to humans or animals, each person (excluding farms and restaurants) who manufactures, processes, packs, distributes, receives, holds, or imports such article shall, at the request of an officer or employee duly designated by the Secretary, permit such officer or employee, upon presentation of appropriate credentials and a written notice to such person, at reasonable times and within reasonable limits and in a reasonable manner, to have access to and copy all records relating to such article and to any other article of food that the Secretary reasonably believes is likely to be affected in a similar manner, that are needed to assist the Secretary in determining whether there is a reasonable probability that the use of or exposure to the food will cause serious adverse health consequences or death to humans or animals.

FDA Food Modernization Act

I do not understand how farms and restaurants are excluded just yet some of the terms are a bit odd. I think they write this stuff up so no one can read them without taking lots of time and lots of notes. It is like preparing a D&D wish. Section 102 even states that farmers' markets and community supported agriculture programs would be required to register. I always thought farmers' markets were supposed to be simple minded folk that knew each other and just planted different things meeting together to make a small profit on excess crops. I guess I will be making more salsa than I thought this year.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
So if anyone works for the FDA... YOU should start grabbing all of the GM, and heavily pesticided foods and deem them as dangerous errr sorry hold them while you investigate. Use it against them!!!! Hit them in the pocket book, with a kick to their pride.

edit on 6-5-2011 by scoobdude because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

whats stopping you?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by heavenlysouldier

Mislabeled means that If for instance you grow an acre of Heirloom corn and you do not hand pollinate, and your corn becomes contaminated by a GM crop, they can consider your crop as mislabeled and you are and will be under litigation for using the GM corn illegally.

new topics

top topics

join