It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Planet Alignment April 28-May 1 Coincides with Royal Wedding and Osama Death??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Maybe its something - maybe its nothing, quite likely there are those on ATS already well aware of this ( I hope so).

There was a rather rare alignment of planets from April 28 through May 1.

Planets Party In The Morning April 28-May 1

Set your alarm clocks for an early treat about a half an hour before sunrise on Thursday April 28 through Sunday, May 1, 2011, as there will be a planetary delight in store! Go out and with either a pair of binoculars, a small telescope, or just use your naked eyes and find an unobscured view of the Eastern horizon to see a conjunction (objects near each other in the sky) of the planets Jupiter, Mars, Venus and Mercury, below and to the left of the thin crescent moon.

It struck me as pretty remarkable that the planets line up, royals get married and Osama gets killed all in this very short window.

For those that study and know of such things - is there more to this than a very remarkable coincidence? If so, what?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I personally think you're onto something. and just to add dont forget rome on sunday(the beautification). Interesting times indeed. Prince Charles is in The U.S. to meet Obama. Stephen Harper up here gets relected with a majority gov't.(may 2) Now that you mention it it's been a busy few days. Good post.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
There was a major alignment of planets on the 5th feb 1960 I know this because I was born a year to the day later and felt I'd missed something. To the best of my knowledge nothing happened on that day but as always I could be wrong. Since we are all still here I think such an alignment may have limited significance but I try to remain open minded.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
the planets Jupiter, Mars, Venus and Mercury, below and to the left of the thin crescent moon.

Havnt done the calculations - in fact cant be done without defining exactly what you mean by "alignment" - but it doesnt seem that unusual.
The moon zips around once a month, so during that time it gets aligned with every planet. So for the moon if you want an alignment, you just have to wait a few days. You'll get one.
Venus and Mercury are very commonly aligned because they are innermost planets that dont travel very "far" from an angular point of view. They'd be aligned maybe 5 or 6 times every year. So with the moon, you'll get that many for sure. Every year.

So really you just want to know how often you'll get TWO planets in the same direction. Any two of Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus. The other two (I'll count Pluto here) I'll discount because we're talking visual treats here.
How often is that? Not sure, but off the top of my head I'd say maybe once a year. Maybe more some years, maybe less others.
People are quite generous when talking alignments. +/- 20, 30 degrees is enough for some.

edit on 4-5-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Here's a pic, Spaceweather are saying best time to view is around 11th May.

new topics

top topics

join