It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is almost certainly the site where SEAL Team VI trained for Bin Laden raid.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It is configured exactly like OBL house at Pakistan compound. I know for a fact that this is the Navy SEALs close quarter training facility mentioned in the Navy Times article.

Naval Special Warfare East Close Quarter Combat (CQC) Training Range

New SEAL Training Facility Opens on Fort Story

The site provides the unique opportunity to allow SEALs to train in going from water to land and transition between the two seamlessly, said Heron. The site was built locally so SEALs won’t need to travel out of state for training and will be able to spend more time at home with their families, when not operational.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Jack Jouett

I guess u see something that i don't. That doesn't really look like a replica of OBL's compound. And the one at Fort Story is supposed to simulate a ship.

I'm sure they did some training there at the Close Quarters Facility. But they also did alot of training in Afghanistan as well.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
They may have used the inside of the training complex to prepare for what they thought they were going to encounter on the various levels given the intelligence they received and built up. I do, however, agree with the opening poster because I highly doubt the American's would decimate a fairly new training complex when they could use countless other look-a-likes of Osama Bin Laden's residence in the Afghanistan towns which are not well populated. Wherever the Navy Seals trained they done a great job.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Here's a good video from the US Navy about the Seal training

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join