It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are disinfo/PR Agents Spamming internet message boards are losers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Do you think pr agents paid to flood/Spam/rebump a internet message board a bunch of losers? I mean they are getting paid and all so I guess they are not that big of a loser. They even stalk people to other boards. Its really sad.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Do you think pr agents paid to flood/Spam/rebump a internet message board a bunch of losers? I mean they are getting paid and all so I guess they are not that big of a loser. They even stalk people to other boards. Its really sad.

Yes!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Probably not. If there is, then there are most likely far less of them than people assume. There really isn't much of a need for it. There are plenty of other idiots online that spread dis-info all the time for free.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
Probably not. If there is, then there are most likely far less of them than people assume. There really isn't much of a need for it. There are plenty of other idiots online that spread dis-info all the time for free.

Exactly!

Some are merely posters who get access to the family computer when the parental controls are off

edit on 4-5-2011 by Justaposter because: bad spelling! opps!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Your grammar is a little off.

Are you sure you aren't a bot?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Without mentioning names I would like to say that I think several of the people on various threads, especially the birth certificate threads, are paid shills or just $#it stirrers. I used to be an administrator on a discussion board and had to deal with a few of them. I found that banning them was the only way to stop the personal attacks and vile invective. Unfortunately this site is so huge and of such a nature that banning is not a viable option in all but the most severe cases where repeated rule and etiquette violations persist. So I guess we have to do what any intelligent person will do; use our judgment and discernment to decide the issues for ourselves without falling for the hyperbole and obfuscation of the spammers.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

No, not losers..................either traitors, non humans or their containers (bodies) have been compromised.

Second line.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Your grammar is a little off.

Are you sure you aren't a bot?

No bot.. but phonics worked for me! HAHA!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39
Without mentioning names I would like to say that I think several of the people on various threads, especially the birth certificate threads, are paid shills or just $#it stirrers. I used to be an administrator on a discussion board and had to deal with a few of them. I found that banning them was the only way to stop the personal attacks and vile invective. Unfortunately this site is so huge and of such a nature that banning is not a viable option in all but the most severe cases where repeated rule and etiquette violations persist. So I guess we have to do what any intelligent person will do; use our judgment and discernment to decide the issues for ourselves without falling for the hyperbole and obfuscation of the spammers.

In other words just like in every other forum you will have trolls.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Personally I find Trolls tastey when sauteed with olive oil and a bit of garlic.. but thats just me

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

haha well said, plenty of idiots spreading it for free, i love ats so much it shocks and laughs me,
it sometimes grows tiresome and repetative
but just wen boredom starts to slowly set in
BANG!!
ATS has grabbed your b***s
and then once again the circle of questions are asked again

just my rant for 2day lol...dave

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter
Personally I find Trolls tastey when sauteed with olive oil and a bit of garlic.. but thats just me

I prefer them slow roasted over an open fire.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by indisgust

In other words just like in every other forum you will have trolls.

The good thing about the board I was an admin on was that it was a small community of close long term friends. Trolls didn't tend to last very long. Most of us have switched over to Facebook. Now the board is closed down due to lack of use. But you are correct; on a large and dynamic board there is no way to eliminate all the trolls. And on a conspiracy site such as this one man's troll is another man's intelligent responder.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
You dont know me how dare you call me a loser!!!!

Did you hear how Osama was killed because he had Obamas BC and was gonna give it to Trump??
You must know by now Ive made 30 threads on it

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

And on a conspiracy site such as this one man's troll is another man's intelligent responder.

THAT is very true. What I have seen in these now almost daily "have we been compromised?" threads is that someone is upset that somebody else doesn't agree with the "norm" on ATS and says so vehemently and articulately. There is a certain mindset on ATS (You could probably do a thesis on it.) that, if violated, often results in cries of disinformation.

I do not think trolls constitute disinformation. They are disruptive, certainly, but they aren't really very effective because the rest of the 'community' calls them out on it. I don't think people who use ad hominem attacks on people rather than the issue constitute disinformation either. It's too easy and obvious to spot. That doesn't work either.

A really good disinformation campaign is designed to sow doubt in the community. A good contemporary example is the idea that Osama is not really dead! And here we get to the crux of the matter. Are all the people pushing this idea and claiming to have insider information disinformation agents? Absolutely not, and they aren't paid either. They are us.

We ARE the disinformation agents. There's no need for any intervention on the part of secretive government agencies assigned to monitor sites like ATS. It's just not necessary because the vast bulk of people here will believe just about anything with no proof whatsoever.

It's kind of odd, really. Here we are trashing pretty much ANY source of news. The MSM? Government controlled and spoon feeding us. The blog world? Anybody can do it. Fox? Faux news! The Naked Weather Channel? Well, maybe I'll have a look. It's like no outlet at all is reliable, therefore any idea is plausible. ATS is just like the blog world. Anybody can post anything, and they do, raking in stars and flags for the best imagination.

A good example of this is Ulsterman. You may have heard of him in conjunction with the so-called and mysterious "White House Insider." Now it's an open question whether the Insider actually exists or not and I, myself have gone from "Probably Yes" to "Possibly No" on this over time, But the gist of it is that this political operative has been an Insider with Obama's election and that he knows of the chaos inside the White House. His latest is that Obama did NOT make the decision to get Osama and was very undecided and wussy about it. Instead, Panetta, Daly, Clinton, and a few others managed to stage a sort of "temporary coup" to get the job done. Now the Insider always makes Obama look bad, and that's part of the territory.

Now either the Insider exists or Ulsterman is concocting a very tight story line that just happens to connect with the facts as we think we know them. In other words, as a STORY (not saying it's real here) it is a very good and tight conspiracy theory, certainly as good from a contextual standpoint as anything presented here on ATS. It's right up our alley. If one of us had come up with that stuff it would have been starred and flagged clear across the page.

How has ATS on the whole reacted? That it is completely bogus. Ulsterman is a shill. The Insider doesn't exist. It's all a fantasy and a not very good one at that. Yet in almost the same breath we have people assuring us that Osama was killed on five different dates over the last ten years without a shadow of a doubt, reptilians are real, and several of us just talked with Jesus.

Now, it's a complex site with lots of pieces and points of view, but I would maintain that ATS as a whole is incapable of "denying ignorance," and that there are no professional paid disinformation agents here because it is simply not necessary, and that we are our own worst enemies.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Just look at all the OBL threads.

Especially the ones defending the photos and the "non-body".

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I am a proud Anti Disinfo and Anti Misinfo Agent and am damn proud of it, however I am not on the till or payroll of any entity on Earth. My purpose is the dissemination of truth and nothing else regardless of where it leads back.

Besides, they couldn't afford to pay me enough.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Hmmm... well - they are likely getting paid to sit around their house in the pj's, eat hot pockets and make troll posts on the net all day long. For some folks on the net that would be a dream job.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

Hmmm... well - they are likely getting paid to sit around their house in the pj's, eat hot pockets and make troll posts on the net all day long. For some folks on the net that would be a dream job.

Where do I apply?????

Seriously though, I believe that if their are "paid" trolls and spammers that they are already on the payroll of some political action group in another capacity. I think that actually paying trolls and spammers for just that function would be difficult at best to keep secret for very long.

edit on 5-5-2011 by happykat39 because: grammer

edit on 5-5-2011 by happykat39 because: grammer again, too tired to think straight tonight

new topics

top topics

join