It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Osama Bin Laden was already dead when the troops found him....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I haven't heard a SEAL that was there give either version. Both came from Obama.

So when you said this :

Originally posted by wasco2
US Navy SEALs said they shot him and that's what I'm going to believe until I see evidence to the contrary. Some anonymous poster on a conspiracy nut website isn't going to cut it.

You didn't really mean it?

And as I've said... I'm not a conspiracy nut, I don't believe most of the crap out there... but that goes both ways, the conspiracy "loons" and the official line.... BOTH have an agenda.

When they changed they admitted they were still getting details and originally gave some of them that were wrong. Like initially they were saying Obama monitored it in real time and they changed that to "was given frequent updates". Some initial confusion about an event that happpened half way around the globe doesn't mean they are lying.

Sure... but why say anything?

Why not get the story straight?

You don't think that's odd?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Well in the interview the white house gave last night, they changed their story and said she wasn't killed she was only shot in the leg.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Obviously if I don't believe the FIRST official story, I probably don't believe this either.

BUT

You have to think.... nobody else knew about this,... why not take the time to get the story straight, get the facts all lined up and proper...

It makes no sense.

They knew he was dead (Died of natural causes) so they could tell us early... didn't matter, he wasn't gonna pop up somewhere saying "Hey I'm alive"

But they didn't get their story straight..... too many inconsistencies, too many changes to the story.

I don't buy it.

I agree with you blup, someone should do an outline of all the inconsistencies, I am getting to old for this , lol

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

What you cannot understand is the vast majority of things you believe are lies told by the US government are in fact true. Sure governments lie but not nearly on the scale the average ATS poster believes. The government is not a monolithic, faceless, evil entity as so many of you believe. For the most part it is ordinary people trying to make a living for themselves and their family.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
One thing is worth to remember and follow.

Second head of the alleged Al-Qaeda warned the world if Osama get killed a week before this. nuke the Europe or US..??

Only time will tell.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

So the government coordinated a highly complicated, covert, sensitive, and historical mission but now got confused on what went down....

I need to look up what that definition of "is" is.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Sure... but why say anything?

Why not get the story straight?

You don't think that's odd?

Creating confusion has its plus side,

One would think, in a mission of this magnitude, the seals briefing and transfer of information to the WH would be perfect,

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

What you cannot understand is the vast majority of things you believe are lies told by the US government are in fact true. Sure governments lie but not nearly on the scale the average ATS poster believes. The government is not a monolithic, faceless, evil entity as so many of you believe. For the most part it is ordinary people trying to make a living for themselves and their family.

I understand your point also, but all the discrepancies cause the problem, why couldn't they just wait until they have all their ducks in a row and then release the information?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus
reply to post by wasco2

So the government coordinated a highly complicated, covert, sensitive, and historical mission but now got confused on what went down....

I need to look up what that definition of "is" is.

Absolutely, no wonder we don't trust them.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Oh for sure.... It certainly can have benefits.
The thing is, even the MSM here in the UK is saying that much of this doesn't add up and it seems a little bit strange.

I've read a lot of stuff since this first happened.... and I honestly think that myself and the person who I dioscussed this with earlier are on to something.
I really think that it was planned and that he died of natural causes. (Well for now anyway lol)

And now we have no body.... so whatever pictures they bring out, doesn't matter.... they could shoot the already dead body in the head, no problem.... "Look here's the pics, we shot him, we told you"

Funny we'll never have an official autopsy or actual confirmation of how he died.

All a little too convenient.

I thought at first it was because he wasn't dead.... now I think it's because "We" didn't kill him.

edit on 4/5/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
According to OBL 12 year old daughter,
OBL was captured alive and executed a few minutes later by US SF.

There was no confrontation when US SF flew into to the compound. The heli that was said to have been shot down, encountered technical problems and had to be left behind. (later destroyed by the US, It was probably set to self destruct).

The US SF left with two bodies OBL and he's son, who was also executed.

I don't think the execution was appropriate.

I would like to hear exactly why they couldn't have brought him to trial, they did Saddam.
edit on 093131p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I think a lot of people want to see some more evidence, not just conspiracy theorists, but those who demand a little more proof than the word of a politician. For some no picture will change their view, but there are many rational people who would like to see some more evidence

edit on 4-5-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

Playing devil's advocate here but; Wasn't it a double tap to the left side of his face but then he was shot in the head once and in the chest once? Which one is it?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

And now we have no body.... so whatever pictures they bring out, doesn't matter.... they could shoot the already dead body in the head, no problem.... "Look here's the pics, we shot him, we told you"

Funny we'll never have an official autopsy or actual confirmation of how he died.

All a little too convenient.

I know, I agree, I don't get it either.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Another possible theory. I've also been hearing the one where his own people killed him because either they or he did not want him taken alive. Someone told me this was reported in some MSM report or another, but I haven't been able to source it yet, and it may well just have been some talking heads speculating themselves. Still that's a possible theory too.

Wow. Interestingly written in that it says captured and then shot. Might be a translation thing, a poor choice of words, or a confused recounting. Further, if bullets were flying and there were in fact security forces or body guards protecting him (one would assume there must have been for there to have been a "firefight") and firing back, who knows where the bullets might have come from or gone.

I'm sure that a child that age would be far more confused than the adult operatives who were there and the adult big wigs who were watching it all unfold who can't even get their story straight and are now blaming that on "the fog of war."

reply to post by Zamini

It (the buzz) started out as a double-tap to the head, I believe, but I don't know from what source, and then I heard the official source say one to the body and one to the head. Who knows what it is today.

edit on 5/4/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Another possible theory. I've also been hearing the one where his own people killed him because either they or he did not want him taken alive. Someone told me this was reported in some MSM report or another, but I haven't been able to source it yet, and it may well just have been some talking heads speculating themselves. Still that's a possible theory too.

That also works

I wonder if and when we'll ever see the "Footage" from this "mission"

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Hey,heeeey, I just watched that video you posted

WHY IN THE SEA,? I just heard this morning the name of the operation was,

Neptune's spear, that gave me chills for some reason.
www.amny.com...

So with that name, the mission's plan was to not take him alive and dump him in the ocean,

I am going to look up some stuff on Neptune.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Maddow did a really good bit about evolving news last night - it would be good for the half-cocked contingent to view.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Until then I'll trust the SEALS -- there is enough pride there that the truth would come out sooner or later

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Cheers for the video mate

Good 'ole George

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

The mission was also codenamed "Geronimo"

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Luckily Osama wasn't thinking like an evil genius mastermind terrorist should think. Luckily he didn't rig his compound full of explosives to be set off at the flick of a switch should the infidels happen to breach his compound. The SEALS were fortunate that Osama, the world's most wanted man, wasn't paranoid enough to prepare for discovery by U.S. forces. Luckily, a crashed helicopter and a firefight in his compound didn't make the mastermind jihadi take a second to flip a switch and make everyone meet Allah.

Luckily, the man who planned the greatest terrorist attack in history, the man who brought a superpower into 2 (maybe 3) expensive wars, wasn't smart enough to prepare for his own possible capture attempt.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join