It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden 'was unarmed' when shot dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Osama bin Laden was unarmed when he was confronted and shot dead by US forces at his Pakistani hideout, a White House spokesman has said.

Jay Carney said that the US was considering whether to release photos of bin Laden after he was killed on Sunday but that the photos were "gruesome" and could be inflammatory.

The director of the CIA told NBC News on Tuesday that the a photo showing bin Laden dead will ultimately be released.

"The government obviously has been talking about how best to do this, but I don't think there was any question that ultimately a photograph would be presented to the public," Leon Panetta, the head of the US spy agency, said according to a transcript of the television interview.

Carney said one of bin Laden's wives had tried to rush the US forces and was shot in the leg.

He said Bin Laden had resisted capture and was shot and killed. He did not explain how bin Laden had resisted.

english.aljazeera.net...
Honestly I'm sick of the Bin Laden topics, there are far more important issues that are being white washed with all the news and speculation surrounding his death(fake or real). However this news coming from Al Jazeera is rather interesting. It may illustrate further holes in the official story for those who regard this as a conspiracy or it may further solidify the beliefs of those who regard this as the opposite. I'm going to refrain from posting my opinions, however I will say that this whole thing is deeply suspicous. From the announcment of his death to the claims that photo's will soon be released.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
So my question is, if he was unarmed why did they 'kill' him?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
All I have to say to this is:

Perhaps he should have armed himself if he was going to wage war with the US...?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
If Bin Laden went to court imagine what he would say. Imagine the information he was privy to. Imagine if he implicated US government officials past and present. Imagine how many millions would be spent on his protection alone. Imagine the scandal when a guard or ANY US citizen abused or attempted to kill him while he was in custody. Imagine the terror attacks/kidnappings militants would pull off to try to negotiate his release. The list goes on and on, killing him was the easiest option.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Perhaps he should have armed himself if he was going to wage war with the US...?

OBL was never indicted for 9/11, what gave them the right to just kill him?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I have to agree with you 04 (Gulf66)
If he is really dead, I want to see the helmet-cam Videos.
Viewing the DOD released photo of the Obama, Biden and Clinton (with the rest of his cabinet) it looked intense!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by indisgustOBL was never indicted for 9/11, what gave them the right to just kill him?

In case you are keeping score at home - indictments are not really needed on the field of battle between two enemies.

You are thinking cops and robbers not soldier and terrorists.

Waaaay different set of rules.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by indisgustOBL was never indicted for 9/11, what gave them the right to just kill him?

In case you are keeping score at home - indictments are not really needed on the field of battle between two enemies.

You are thinking cops and robbers not soldier and terrorists.

Waaaay different set of rules.

I just don't get how they can just kill the guy after nearly a decade of this whole thing going on and bringing him in alive, plenty of questions to be asked, after all he's the reason we got into war right?
I was never aware there was a 'kill on sight' order for OBL, correct me if im wrong.
I don't believe the media when they say that he resisted, and if so resisted in what manner? they have guns, he has hands?
Although, this whole story could just be made up, maybe he died years ago like others have suggested.
edit on 3-5-2011 by indisgust because: added to the post

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This is weird. Thought there was a firefight? I'm not even clear on who might have been shooting back on OBL's side. Body guards? Who?

Also, I heard a rumor that some MSM reported that one of his own people shot him dead because he didn't want to be taken alive. I can't find anything on that yet though. Weird but plausible and probably just an alternate theory/scenario.
edit on 5/3/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Reply to post by Golf66

So you support execution without a trial.

Good to know.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I believe all of the Americans who died on 9/11 were unarmed as well.

And, as other posters have stated, had we tried to hold him for trial we would have spent many millions of dollars and probably had many good people killed in attacks.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Reply to post by itguysrule

So if I kill an unarmed person, I should be executed on the spot.

Thanks.

Also nice to see that money and fear is more important than law and justice.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

You make a valid point but that wasn't really what I was thinking about. I was just pointing out that Bin Laden killed unarmed innocents without any hesitation. Trying to take him alive would have probably only resulted in the deaths of more good people.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule

You make a valid point but that wasn't really what I was thinking about. I was just pointing out that Bin Laden killed unarmed innocents without any hesitation. Trying to take him alive would have probably only resulted in the deaths of more good people.

Im not the person who you are replying to but I would like to add that Osama himself didn't really do anything physically, he just orchestrated, if you believe the government's story.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
for every excuse for no trial
I call BS
and same to you

that is as cowardly and hypocritical as it gets
if you are american you are the death of what, if it wasn't for you,
would be the greatest country on earth

reap the wirlwind baby

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Good riddance for sure, but still I can't help but wonder if perhaps it would have been best to take him alive and put him in Gitmo.
Heck, Bush said "dead or alive", so why kill and martyr him in the process?

Maybe this does have Illuminatti written all over it, because another person that also evaded US capture was Pancho Villa, and he too was gunned down.
Maybe Geronimo himself would have eventually been gunned down too, if he had not surrendered.

But I do have a question.

Besides the few rounds that ended his life, what was the last thing that went through Osama Bin Laden’s mind?

Was it Obama or Bush?

I bet he thought to himself “Dubya finally got me!”

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule

Tim McVeigh did as well. Should he get a trial, or just a SEAL team rampaging through his house to kill him?

I am sure a SEAL team could subdue one man trapped in a room.

We were trained to do that in SWAT classes when I was a police officer.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
all i know is they managed to get saddam alive, he was just as wanted as osama at the time, they did'nt just shoot him.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I can't believe this attention being paid to what is clearly theater. There is nothing real hear to sink your teeth into. The entire situation is a phantasm. It is a ghost of reality. There is little real events in this thing. It is staged. Faked. Bogus what have you. Can a discussion still be had about the nuances of the faked situation like was he armed. Was his wife a human shield? Crap like that is just part of your brain defragging from the lies you have been told. I know waking fully up is hard because it would be easier to believe that Bin what even was just killed. The real story is wrapped up in the what the heck areas.

Why was there no picture or video released? Why was the body disposed of immediately as sea before the public even knew of the supposed firefight? Face the obvious questions and you see that this whole thing was well crafted theater.

edit on 4-5-2011 by wayouttheredude because: dyslexic

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Well, they did this to make "thing" easier.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join