It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men Held as Possible Terrorists After Filming Nuclear Plant...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

SINCE WHEN DOES TAKING PICTURES MAKE YOU A "TERRORIST"?

British authorities arrested five men under the Terrorism Act a few hours after the big announcement that Navy SEALS had taken out Osama.

“They were detained near Sellafield — which handles highly dangerous nuclear material — yesterday afternoon following a stop check on a vehicle by officers from the Civil Nuclear Constabulary, who police the facility in West Cumbria,” Sky News reports. “The arrests come as the world braces itself for a bloody backlash after Bin Laden supporters vowed to avenge his death.”

How do we know they are terrorists? First, they are Asian. Second, they were taking photographs outside of the nuclear plant.

The five were arrested under section 41 of the Terrorism Act 2000, which says a “constable may arrest without a warrant a person whom he reasonably suspects to be a terrorist.
”“The police have not confirmed the ethnicity of the arrested men, though they are believed to be from a Muslim background,” reports The Guardian.
...INFOWARS

Since when is taking pictures a crime? I dont believe it is but leave it up to the governments with their bs laws that allow them to arrest anyone,anytime and for anything...And leave it up to the British MSM "The Guardian" to put in there article that the men were from Muslim decent..Im so sick of hearing about Muslim terrostists...The reason those people hate Americans and Europeans alike is because we make them out to look like trash...When in reality our governments are the real trashbags...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i dont even see the point in arresting them as why not just take their details and do some investigation work if they are acting suspiciously.

The only reason I could see would be if they didnt have suitable Id on them. This does seem a bit weird behaviour tbh but also seems very ambitious and probably just a complete load of bollocks.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Since when is taking pictures a crime?

Since the place theyre taking pics of is a high security facility

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

so if i go to my local nuclear plant and start taking pics does that mean i will be detained too as a terrorist? im caucasion but have been told i look lebanese...they were some asian tourists...they take pics of everything..maybe they wanted to document how nuclear facilities are suppose to look like...theres no reason to hold them,take their info and keep tabs and get back to them if something pops up...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
They fear a camera more than a 50 cal. Sebru Carbine....Because a camera can't be intimidated in to doing what they tell it to do. Kind of like the lady that sued the town for more than it was worth because she was taking a picture at a airport...They beat here, injected her and held her in jail for no reason at all. Hope she wins the suit...that may slow these bastards down for awhile....Somehow it has entered their minds that it is against the law to take a picture....Ever time I see a copper-head doing wrong I am going to film him or take a picture of him, no matter what they say....WE are losing to many right and for no good reason...WE must not let it continue.....Hell, take some testosterone if you have to, but stand up to these creeps....
edit on 3-5-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
There’s a lot of sh!ft happening right now. The last thing anybody needs is another nuclear disaster. I think it’s only fair that they were arrested; whether they will be charged on anything is another story.

A bit of precaution goes a long way…

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I gave this some thought when some of the reporters were attempting to film after the BP spell. . .I mean spIll. So, what I did was drive to a nearby chemical weapons storage facility, and I spent 3 hours wandering around the chain link fence taking photos. I even tried to draw attention to myself by talking about 9/11.

That was some time back, and I was a bit more cavalier than now. At any rate, none of the troops ever stopped to ask me a single thing. Of course, I'm sure they already had all my information by just noting the plates on my car.

So, I could have been a terrorist plotting something. . .taking photographs of a given facility's weakest point of attack and there could have been all sorts of "indicators" in my vehicle that could tie me to some organization, and all they would have to have done to save all the people I killed was come ask why I has taking pictures of such a place.

Leaves me to wonder. . .am I one of those people who is willing to sacrifice "freedoms" to feel safe?
Maybe. . .maybe not.

top topics

join