It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What were you doing on 9/11 before you saw the news?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Im 21 years old, i was 12 years old when i turned on the tv to watch yu gi oh.lol lame i know,but to my surprise saw video of a burning building on every channel..I still remember that day and what i saw on t.v very clearly,like it happened yesterday even though this event didn't mean much to a lot of us at the time bieng so young,i beleive its made me value life so much more as ive matured...I'd like for you to take a trip down memory lane and share with ATS your memories of that tragic day and maybe how its affected you as a person as youve aged. -Thanks to those who contribute and i hope osamas death has brought all victims of his terrorism some sort of closure...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I was 17 years old when it happened, I was asleep, skipping school, I woke up and checked my messages on mirc and someone said to me that planes were hijacked and one was flown into the world trade center, i was like wtf no way. You are so trolling me, and they were like nope
So I turned on my tv and there it was, right in time to see the second building get owned by another plane.
Needless to say i was completely shocked and upset about it.
I went to school for afternoon classes just to see what others reactions were
Everyone was really upset. It was a very sad day and one I will never forget.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
These and the continuous Osama posts make me want to puke, but I'll play.

I was young, getting ready for middle school. Eating some cereal, I happened to see something on the TV about it. Kinda perplexed, I went to school and wondered why the hell am I forced to say 'Declaration of Independence' anyway? Then I got stoked about sitting around, watching the news, and not having to work much to fill my mind with trivial bullsh*t that day.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

Working, then sleeping, then heard the news!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
Im 21 years old, i was 12 years old when i turned on the tv to watch yu gi oh.lol lame i know,but to my surprise saw video of a burning building on every channel..I still remember that day and what i saw on t.v very clearly,like it happened yesterday even though this event didn't mean much to a lot of us at the time bieng so young,i beleive its made me value life so much more as ive matured...I'd like for you to take a trip down memory lane and share with ATS your memories of that tragic day and maybe how its affected you as a person as youve aged. -Thanks to those who contribute and i hope osamas death has brought all victims of his terrorism some sort of closure...

I was sitting on the 24th floor of the Chrysler Building when my phone rang. My wife (at the time) told me a small plane had been reported to have hit the towers...all hell broke loose after that.

CJ

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This isnt more osama rant,im sick of that sh!t all over ats...I feel that its important for us to talk about these things with each other in a serious manner...This man was behind thousands of deaths, men,women, and children have been killed in his name,and the name of allah for no justifyable reason..Including my brother..Theres thousands of people out there who need closure,or just need someone to talk to.Ive been there,it sucks,so it would be much appreciated if this could be kept on a serious note.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

This man was behind thousands of deaths, men,women, and children have been killed in his name

Speaking of serious, how about providing us with some serious proof (instead of empty rhetoric, which there is no shortage of) verifying your statement above.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
i was going into my old neighborhood to make some keys for my sister. i remember sitting on the bus with my head phones blasting on my discman. there were some caribean women on the bus talking about the end of days. crazy old church kooks, i thought to myself. since it was looking to be such a nice day, i decided to skip school (i was in college at the time) and meet up with my boyfriend later that day for some necking in central park.

i got back to my 25th floor apartment at about 845a and turned on the tv. i didnt have cable at the time. the channels were out of service. it was not emergency broadcast system, just that grey snow/white noise stuff. the only channel that was online was cbs/channel 2. what i saw floored me. they were showing the first plane going into the tower, and it was still looking like it was a horrible accident. the only reason cbs was still working was because they had their dishes/signals based on the empire state building. i remember looking out on the terrace and seeing the smoke billowing far in the distance.

needless to say, i spent the rest of my day glued to the tv. the cell phone system was overloaded for the rest of the day. i was only able to make calls off a land line, and even those were jammed occasionally. eventually i found out that my cousin was working a shift at 'windows on the world' that day and died in the collapse. his story was covered in the ny times. i wont post a link to it for the purposes of maintaining my anonymity, but it was a really nice piece.

nyc was a really quiet place for a while after that. i remember a month after, there was a plane crash in queens of a fight to DR. all of the students in the college cafeteria sat there glued to the monitors as the news people figured out if it was just a crash or terrorist related. it was a very funky time. i still have all the news papers i could collect of 9/11 in my closet. it will be a small piece of history that i will pass on to my descendants.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Misteriosa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I was sleeping then when I woke up & my mother turned on the tv and show me what happened. damn shame all those people had to die to further the agenda of the goverment.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

I just finished A school in Pensacola, FL, 07 Sept 2001, & I was home on leave for one week before I was deployed to my first command in Italy. So that Tuesday I was home in NY, passed out from the night before in a recliner in my Aunts living room, which she always hated, My cousin calls my cell phone and wakes me up to tell me to put on the news. It was on all the channels. I think that was around 9ish, & I remember one tower was hit, smoke bellowing, & we were chatting, comparing it to a movie, wondering what went wrong, and that's when we watched the 2nd plane hit.

I remember flying out that Friday to Italy and flying directly over where the towers had once been. The entire plane was weeping.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
had just gotten back to the hotel after burying my grandfather that morning and saw it on the lobby tv screen...what a horrible day that was...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
(in his name,and the name of allah)if your going to take something out of context take it all out or dont take it out at all.My entire family has served and i think it was more than coincidence that his name came up more than any other with the locals during our tours in afghanistan..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Man some of you just made me feel old! you guys were in middle school.

I was just waking up to go to a political science course, i was wondering whether or not to go because if we were getting attacked, i needed to go get my kid from school. When it looked like it was only happening at the pentagon and NYC, I went to my hour class. there were alot of angry people in there. filled up my gas tank and came home and loved my child thinking so many others had just lost thiers. Terrible day for those families and our freedoms.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I was working at a local grocery store listening to some lady bitch about how her Horizon organic pink grapefruit juice wasn't pink enough. She made me open like 2 extra cartons and then became convinced that it was a scam. A buddy of mine came up and told me a plane had hit one of the towers. I thought it must've been a small plane. Shizz got very real soon after...
edit on 3-5-2011 by Pastafarian because: aliens made me do it

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
Man some of you just made me feel old! you guys were in middle school.

you and me both, sister (or brother
)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

this thread wasnt made to whine about fairytale government conspiracies,it was intended for people to dip into their memories and share with us a piece of their historys.btw if the US military wasnt overseas kicking terrorist ass,those terrorist would be over here kicking yours, Disrespectful Child.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I agree... Enough of the Osama B.S.! The ahole is dead lets not keep his memory alive or give him any more of our time.

I was driving to work (west coast). I was listening to the news on the radio. They said it was a small aircraft at first but the news caster's voice became very somber and trembly. I could feel a wave of emotion around everyone I encountered that day. I worked with strong men driving cement mixers. Everyone of us felt violated by that horrific act of cowardice and look like we had just gotten kicked in the gut.

I am getting emotional now 10 years later. This will never leave my memory.

I grew up in north central New Jersey. I could see the towers from a hill in a field by my house. They were the only piece of the skyline I could see from that far away. I would take the train to Hoboken and then the Path train to the towers as a kid of 11 years old just with a friend. I could not imgagine sending my kids today in the same or similar situation. It's a way different world that we live in today.

I fear for the future of this country and even the Earth. It is so hard to watch humanity not give a damm about itself!

Peace and Love
Red

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I was 15 in my freshmen year of high school. Computer Application class to be exact. The teacher got a phone call and turned on the TV that was in every classroom. They mostly used it for announcments. She flipped the channel and I remember seeing one of the towers on fire. We watched for a few minutes then another plane came in and exploded. I thought it was a replay but It wasn't. It was silent and we couldn't believe what was happening. We continued to watch, we were memorized. Then I heard the Pentagon had been hit. The class let out. I was in shock. My brother had called me 3 days before and told me he was going to the pentagon to see his old captain on Sept 11. He's in the Navy. I remember going to my next class, and thinking about what he said to me days before and hearing the next teacher, Mr. Antenollis in Crimnal Justice, talking about what was going on. I left the class without approval and went straight to the office demanding the phone so I could call my brother. I called and got no answer, repeatly. I started breaking down, then the ROTC teacher, Leauntant Ward, came to talk to me. I explained my situation, and he told me the best thing to do was get a hold of my family I lived with and hope for the best. I went home and finally got word from my brother. He was still on his way to DC when it happen, he turned around because he got orders to get back to his ship. And that's what I remember from Sept 11, 2001. It was the day I learned that nobody was immortal. Spiderman couldn't save the day, and I've loved my brother from then on.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Woke up to a banging on my tent space door. I rolled out of my cot to see what the commotion was about. Tent mate said check out whats going on, on CNN. I said Man a freaking plane ran into that building. This must be a what if movie. If another one hits I bet it's a terrorist attack. Next thing I know another one hits while saying I shouldn't have said anything. Looks like we are going to be stuck here a little bit longer.

I was in southern Turkey supporting Operation Northern Watch. (no fly zones over Iraq). We were placed in delta and were supposed to fly out the next day to end our deployment. With in 6 hours we were briefed and were told we might be forward deployed to afgahn. It was a crazy day. Rumors were running around base about Nationals cutting a hole into the parimeter gate, Sniper fire on guard posts, Nationals with explosives and maps of the base. Nationals stealing top secret meterials. I do know the moral tent was evaced for IED. This all happened with in 3 days of the event.

We didn't get forward deployed. Went back to home station. I believe was one of the first flights allowed to travel at that time but we were not allowed off the plane while it refueled. (commercial charter).

All in all we kind of knew Iraq was next. Felt like we were mopping up unfinished business. (Some older buddies were still sore from khobar towers)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join