It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Whales Washing Ashore in New Zealand

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/461e643432cd.jpg[/atsimg]
www.stuff.co.nz...

Waiinu Beach in South Taranaki was the final destination for huge sea monsters as two giant whales washed ashore in the past three days.

Residents of Waitotara were surprised to discover what is believed to be a dead 22.3m-long pygmy blue whale washed up on the beach, about 1.5km south of the river mouth, sometime on late Friday night or early Saturday morning.

A Wanganui Department of Conservation spokesman said if this was a pygmy blue whale, it was a rare specimen and the only one of its kind to have washed up on this coastline for at least 30 years.

Then overnight Sunday a large sperm whale stranded itself on the beach.

Unable to re-float the large mammal, DOC staff had to put the sperm whale down.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d040462dbfe4.jpg[/atsimg]

Another Wash-up, third time in a few days, this time its mammals.

What are they running from? Earthquakes approaching? Radiation?
edit on 2-5-2011 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

What are they running from? Earthquakes approaching? Radiation?

More likely an earthquake. Hope not. Just have to wait and see. Massive size
edit on 2-5-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
It is very unsettling to see this happening so much!

But then as many people have said before, is it because now we have the internet we can get information from anywhere in the world?? Where as before it would be what the media feeds us.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Most likely?

Why?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
probably someone near by using sonar and threw it off direction
edit on 2-5-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by gougitousakusha
probably someone near by using sonar and threw it off direction
edit on 2-5-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

Probably...because Radiation, and movement within the earth Globally right now wouldnt have anything to do with it?....It was probably HAARP...?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
This is a regular occurance in this region of the world, various types of whales and even dolphins wash themselves ashore in new Zealand and Australia every year..
Seeing as it is only 3 (still an awful thing) I think we can hold of the conspiracy theories for now..
If it was hundreds or thousands, then maybe we need to start to worry..

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
way to attack someone who has their own opinion. when i seen this thread i first remembered another thread i read in sciforums. SUICIDE Why do whales beach themselves

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
A quakes coming.

time to prepare.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Mate, as an example, how many whale beachings does Australia have a year?

And now, how many earthquakes?

There is absolutely no correlation.

edit on 2/5/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

yeah, but they are usually large pods of small whales.

these are massive deep sea dwelling creatures, some sort of magnetic concept has really scrambled them.

for some reason these beasts of the deep washing up on shore really says to me deep mother earth is struggling.

If it had of happened in Perth, or Italy id have looked the other way, But NZ? ... doesnt sit right with me.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Just out of the ones the Original post suggested that one is probably the most likely, nothing more than that. Have read people suggest there is a connection between whale beachings/animal deaths and earthquakes. I personally am undecided at this stage on the subject. But it is a possibility. More research I think is needed to establish a definite link though. We will just have to wait & see.
edit on 2-5-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
This is a regular occurance in this region of the world, various types of whales and even dolphins wash themselves ashore in new Zealand and Australia every year..
Seeing as it is only 3 (still an awful thing) I think we can hold of the conspiracy theories for now..
If it was hundreds or thousands, then maybe we need to start to worry..

"Ahem"

A Wanganui Department of Conservation spokesman said if this was a pygmy blue whale, it was a rare specimen and the only one of its kind to have washed up on this coastline for at least 30 years.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Hmm fair enough although it seems the blue whale washed up dead, so it didn't beach itself.

Thing is though, there is a good chance of a quake in NZ at any time, so the question that comes to mind...where were the beachings before the recent Christchurch Quake?

Anyway, we'll just have to watch this space I guess!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Although it is a very sad occurrence, whales will turn up on a beach and die occasionally.

However, with all the mass animal deaths that have taken place this year alone, this worries me. Is this a "normal" occurrence of whales beaching themselves, or is it related to the other animal deaths?
edit on 2-5-2011 by ShadesofGrey78 because: typo

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Although it is not uncommon for whales to wash up on the beach, this was the largest one local residents have seen.

One woman said the whales they saw usually were smaller and a different species to the one found this weekend.

This one is believed to be a pygmy blue whale.

A neighbour had told them where it was, and she had gone down to the beach to have a look on Saturday morning.

The woman told the Wanganui Chronicle the giant mammal was "pretty awe-inspiring".

"It was just amazing. I've not seen anything like it. I didn't want to leave it," she said.

Although some may suggest this is norm, this is actually quite a rare case, and as has been said with all the recent die offs, this could be related.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Thing is though, there is a good chance of a quake in NZ at any time, so the question that comes to mind...where were the beachings before the recent Christchurch Quake?

This :7:25 PM Friday Feb 4, 2011
82 whales beached in Golden Bay
www.nzherald.co.nz...

A pod of 82 pilot whales has beached in Golden Bay, west of Nelson.

One baby whale and nine others have died, and the others face an uncomfortable night with Department of Conservation (DOC) staff unable to attempt to refloat the whales until tomorrow, DOC spokeswoman Trish Grant said.

Members of the public alerted DOC after finding about 30 whales stranded at 1.30pm at Puponga Point, near the base of Farewell Spit, she told NZPA.

Staff had tried to prevent the other whales from beaching, but were unsuccessful.

And this 2 days before the recent Feb Quake
ate: 20 February 2011
www.doc.govt.nz...
Stranded whales at Mason Bay

Two overseas visitors discovered a pod of pilot whales, stranded at the southern end of Mason Bay on Stewart Island, this morning. The pair, who had tramped into Mason Bay hut on the west coast of Stewart Island / Rakiura the previous day found the pod of 107 Pilot Whales dead and dying at the southern end of the beach near Cavalier Creek. It was several hours before they could raise the alarm via the hut ranger back at Mason Bay hut.
“About half of the whales were still alive when we arrived,” said biodiversity programme manager Brent Beaven, from the site.

There are a few more incidents this year also

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

Then there's the 80 or so pilot whales that beached themselves just down the road from me a few years ago...

No quake.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

A few years ago
ppfff, two incidents of pilot whales within the same month!THIS YEAR a few hours from christchurch! with all the other B/S going on!

Whales are very sensitive and usually stay on course, they can travel thousands of miles in one direction, in a straight line not shifting even 1 degree off course, thats why the larger whales beaching seems very odd to me.
edit on 2-5-2011 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

hello

i'm agree with you for the quake but explain me why all those animals are dying... jus look at this link i start a thread without much echo, but i'm not delusional i'm not looking for dooms day but the data are there and i'm still doing my investigation, even WWF know about it but they give any information , all this animal death are not usual.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2-5-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join