It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Island in the Atlantic ocean.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
After looking through dozens of maps and using several different websites, i have come to the conclusion there is infact a secret island in the atlantic ocean, i ask anyone on ATS that has access to take satelite photos to do so, i know there are websites that you can pay and they will take a real time photos for you of anywhere on earth, that has not been tampered with by the governments, here are my findings and i would love everyone else to do a bit of their own research so we can find out whats truly there

Firstly i was looking at the following photo from a file that i got from another thread on ATS, i cant remember what the thread was called, but here is the photo of interest:

Notice the yellow circle, i tried looking this up on google maps and multi map, couldnt think of any others and i couldnt find anything!! so maybe its a hoax and there is infact nothing there?

I went looking through dozens of old maps, some of them didn't show anything so i went further and further back, i started with most modern/recent maps and ended up at an original world map from 1500's and guess what i found?

The island on the 1500's map is more or less a perfect match with the green dot which i circled in the original image, ive also checked out around 10 other green dots and they all exist, this is the only place which i cant seem to find anywhere.

edit on 1-5-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Where is the island on the 1500's map? I don't see it.

Edit: On the old map their are a few islands, but the old map has China on it. The map above shows the circled island not to be anywhere near China.
edit on 1-5-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
Where is the island on the 1500's map? I don't see it.

Edit: On the old map their are a few islands, but the old map has China on it. The map above shows the circled island not to be anywhere near China.

The map is rather large, use the scroll bar at the bottom of the map, its off the west coast of the UK.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Call me crazy but isn't the term, "More or less a perfect match," somewhat of an oxymoron? I mean either it is or it isn't a "perfect match," which leaves no room for "more or less."

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
Call me crazy but isn't the term, "More or less a perfect match," somewhat of an oxymoron? I mean either it is or it isn't a "perfect match," which leaves no room for "more or less."

Really, is there any need to troll, please look at evidence i have given and come to your own conclusion, constructive posts are needed, not trolls.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Okay I see it now I think. Interesting. I don't know what to think about his one. Very interesting

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by Itop1

Okay I see it now I think. Interesting. I don't know what to think about his one. Very interesting

Yes
and if you check google maps its all blurred out, i couldnt find anything unless i wasnt looking hard enough, its allways good to have more than one pair of eyes.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

There are legends that there was a large island off the Iberian Peninsula. From what I have heard, there was even a monastary there. When Columbus was heading to the New World he was planning on resupplying at this island, only to find it had completely disappeared.

There are also stories of sinking islands that will disappear and reappear.

Can't be of much help...but i am interested in what you have to say.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The 1500s map shows many little islands that the first map does not. Have you tried to locate them all on Google Maps? Maybe they are blurred out too...

I like your thinking but just comparing a couple of maps (especially one that is 500 years old and obviously has flaws) isn't enough for me to agree. But that does not at all mean I'm right either...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeyBones
The 1500s map shows many little islands that the first map does not. Have you tried to locate them all on Google Maps? Maybe they are blurred out too...

I like your thinking but just comparing a couple of maps (especially one that is 500 years old and obviously has flaws) isn't enough for me to agree. But that does not at all mean I'm right either...

Its just that the green dot is suppose to represent a government installation, like tunnel entrance, the other green dots are bases situated on island and on land, if you look in to them you will see they exist, i just happened to wanna check the island out which i circled in yellow, only to find that its not on google maps, so i looked through old maps to see if there was ever any island there and there appears there was, whether it still is there and the government are covering up and dont want us to see whats there, i dont know.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
i looked on google maps and couldnt see anything there... but the map looks like old military kinda map. so maybe its a under water base
nice find

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
On that green radar map....what does Andromedan sources of information mean?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

and another point .... on the left hand corner of the green map its says the little squares are "base" locations there is also another unknown dot on the left side of the northern part of canada

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
52.859844, -35.621338

This one ?
edit on 1-5-2011 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

edit: oops wrong data.

Thats the Azores, thats not where im referring to

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I just went looking at old maps and more recent ones. While we don't find much of an Island on the maps, we can see there is a lot of maritime travel that crosses this path.

To push the envelope; could it be an underwater entry way? There are reports of USO's since Colombus...

Also, the entrance you show is on or near the fault line.

On Google Earth, I found many Russian pictures showing land, but no Island, only water.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
I just went looking at old maps and more recent ones. While we don't find much of an Island on the maps, we can see there is a lot of maritime travel that crosses this path.

To push the envelope; could it be an underwater entry way? There are reports of USO's since Colombus...

Also, the entrance you show is on or near the fault line.

On Google Earth, I found many Russian pictures showing land, but no Island, only water.

I suppose anything is possible, anyone got a submarine?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
the point in the pic that you circled has been a major ship route for hundreds of years, i cant imagine no one had noticed any islands there. if it was something picked up by radar, I'd guess its a garbage island/swirl but i don't know if radar would detect that.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
If the island was there before and not now, whats the issue? Land gets covered with water all the time, just like an above poster explained about cities which are sunk and revealed because of rising waters. Im sure a low land island could be covered as well.
Im not sure the point of this post or what the theory is behind it.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

Originally posted by tristar

edit: oops wrong data.

Thats the Azores, thats not where im referring to

52.859844, -35.621338 , Its the mouth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join