It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii State Law allows foreign born Hawaii Birth Certificates (S. 338-17.8)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
That's right folks, you don't have to be born in Hawaii
to get a Hawaii Birth Certificate !!!! Just one of your
parents have to live in Hawaii
This is how you can take
a trip out of the country and go into labor and have a child
born in Kenya and come back to Hawaii and get a Hawaii
Birth Certificate.

The following Hawaii state law (Hawaii Revised Statutes S. 338-17.8) allows children who are born outside Hawaii to obtain valid Hawaiian birth certificates, depending on the residency of their parents. This law isn't restricted to those born in the other 49 states; a child could be born in a foreign country and still get a valid HI birth certificate. This law was added in 1982, as confirmed by law librarians at the U. of Hawaii and L.A. County law libraries.

Note the fact that this applies to parents living in the "Territory" of Hawaii, an entity that was dissolved in 1959. If this law had been intended to only include children born in 1982 or later, would they have referred to the "Territory" of Hawaii? Clearly, this was intended to include those born before 1982 as well.

24ahead.com...

That's right, this is how you can be born in, ohhhh let's say Kenya
and or even get your BC revoked or voided and STILL get your
Hawaii Birth Certificate. The actual statute as it reads:

[§338-17.8] Certificates for children born out of State. (a) Upon application of an adult or the legal parents of a minor child, the director of health shall issue a birth certificate for such adult or minor, provided that proof has been submitted to the director of health that the legal parents of such individual while living without the Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth or adoption of such child.

(b) Proof of legal residency shall be submitted to the director of health in any manner that the director shall deem appropriate. The director of health may also adopt any rules pursuant to chapter 91 that he or she may deem necessary or proper to prevent fraudulent applications for birth certificates and to require any further information or proof of events necessary for completion of a birth certificate.

(c) The fee for each application for registration shall be established by rule adopted pursuant to chapter 91. [L 1982, c 182, §1]

www.capitol.hawaii.gov...

straight from the Hawaii Gov web site.

So producing a Hawaii Birth Certificate doesn't actually
mean you were born there. This law/statute was enacted
in 1982 while Ann Dunham was working for the Ford
Foundation.

edit on 5/1/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
talking about a loop hole from hell.
hahahaha

this would fit in that category

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Obama's birth date is 1961 or am I missing something?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkofCain

yes you did miss something,
Obama was grandfathered in

"If this law had been intended to only include children born in 1982 or later, would they have referred to the "Territory" of Hawaii? Clearly, this was intended to include those born before 1982 as well"

it was in the OP

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Where in that statute does it refer to people being born in foreign countries?

I see it saying that people born outside of the state of Hawaii,which reads to me as people born in other States in our fine country....

Really, he was born in Hawaii.... The few that are holding to this birther stuff.... with all due respect,you are really making yourselves look bad.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

"If this law had been intended to only include children born in 1982 or later, would they have referred to the "Territory" of Hawaii? Clearly, this was intended to include those born before 1982 as well"

it was in the OP

And you missed the fact that that is obvious speculation from a biased person.... Where in the statute does it say that it is intended for people before born before 1982?

Come one, give me something that is not based on a poor interpretation of a statute...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Where in that statute does it refer to people being born in foreign countries?

dude, you can be born anywhere

"the director of health shall issue a birth certificate for such adult or minor, provided that proof has been submitted to the director of health that the legal parents of such individual while living without the Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence"

all Ann Dunham had to do was apply
for Obama a BC and show a Driver's license
or a utility bill of her residence in Hawaii
and lil Obama gets a Hawaii Birth Certificate
even if he was really born in Kenya

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
And you missed the fact that that is obvious speculation from a biased person.... Where in the statute does it say that it is intended for people before born before 1982?

Come one, give me something that is not based on a poor interpretation of a statute...

lol

there is no interpretation. it's straightforward.

even if ur child wasn't born in Hawaii,
he/she can get a Hawaii BC with proof of residency
in HI.

how hard is that to understand ???

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I think what Boon/OP/Source is trying to say is that since the "Territory of Hawaii" only existed until 1959, along with the fact that the statute uses the phrase "Territory or State", it is implied that the statute applies to anyone born before the 1982 date when it was passed into law. Hope that clears it up...
edit on 5/1/2011 by raiders247 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I think what Boon/OP/Source is trying to say is that since the "Territory of Hawaii" only existed until 1959, along with the fact that the statute uses the phrase "Territory or State", it is implied that the statute applies to anyone born before the 1982 date when it was passed into law. Hope that clears it up...

exactly

couldn't have said it better myself
star 4 u

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
this is exactly how you can have a grandmother
say her grandchild was born in Kenya, and that
grandchild can produce a Hawaii Birth Certificate.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

it was in the OP

now if you could only explain what "If this law had been intended to only include children born in 1982 or later, would they have referred to the "Territory" of Hawaii? Clearly, this was intended to include those born before 1982 as well." that means...

how does the word "Territory" affect the whole phrase and lead to a speculation that those laws was intended to include those that are born before 1982 as well???

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

now if you could only explain what "If this law had been intended to only include children born in 1982 or later, would they have referred to the "Territory" of Hawaii? Clearly, this was intended to include those born before 1982 as well." that means...

how does the word "Territory" affect the whole phrase and lead to a speculation that those laws was intended to include those that are born before 1982 as well???

lmao

dude, I will not get into an argument
over semantics. It's plain and simple.
If you want to discount it, that is your
option. I will leave the court arguments
to the lawyers. hahaha

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
the constitution says he must be a natural born citizen

it does NOT say, that he only has to produce a Birth Certificate.

there is a difference here

this law allows you to get a birth certificate
without being a natural born citizen.

edit on 5/1/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Star and flag for finding this, i remember it from high school, it was current events. Hawai'i actually gas thousands of tiny islands stretching toward Indonesia, anyone claiming to be born from one of them got Hawai'in birth certificates and American citizenship.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

No prob Boon...and to think you actually contemplated leaving ATS!?!?

Not that I think the BC issue should even be an issue, but its the things you find like this that are EXTREMELY valuable to people searching for the truth.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
This bc stuff is getting beyond a joke now.. Your all just going around in circles.. And now another thread on the subject. I don't understand why people can't add their information to exsisting threads instead of creating new ones, there must be hundreds now.. And I know the op has already started at least one bc thread before.
The one thing I don't understand about all this, if the nwo thing is to be believed and Obama is not American, then why out of a populaton 250 million people (or whatever it is), tptb chose a Nigerian to run their country?
Something with this whole conspiracy doesn't make sense..

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247

No prob Boon...and to think you actually contemplated leaving ATS!?!?

Not that I think the BC issue should even be an issue, but its the things you find like this that are EXTREMELY valuable to people searching for the truth.

well my leaving is still open for voting
in that thread.

But I do pound the pavement in search
for the truth

Some may call my methods a lil unorthodox.
But sometimes trying to solve conspiracy
theories, you have to work backwards like
a reverse engineer. That method alone
gets many confused.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

A person born in the State may file or amend a certificate after the time prescribed, upon submitting proof as required by rules adopted by the department of health. Certificates registered after the time prescribed for filing by the rules of the department of health shall be registered subject to any evidentiary requirements that the department adopts by rule to substantiate the alleged facts of birth. [L 1949, c 327, §19; RL 1955, §57-18; am L Sp 1959 2d, c 1, §19; HRS §338-15; am L 1972, c 66, §1(1); am L 1997, c 305, §2]

Attorney General Opinions

Section provides for the alteration of only birth certificates. Att. Gen. Op. 84-14.

HIStatutes

These would be those same "amended" certificates that MUST include the PLACE OF BIRTH, right?

(a) If a delayed certificate of birth is rejected under section 338-16, a petition may be filed with the circuit court for an order establishing a record of the date and place of the birth and the parentage of the person whose birth is to be registered.

(b) The petition shall be accompanied by a statement of the registration official made in accordance with section 338-16(d) and all documentary evidence which was submitted to the registration official in support of such registration.

(c) The court shall fix a time and place for hearing the petition and shall give the registration official who refused to register the petitioner's delayed certificate of birth fifteen days' notice of said hearing. Such official, or the official's authorized representative, may appear and testify in the proceeding.

(d) If the court from the evidence presented finds that the person for whom a delayed certificate of birth is sought was born in this State, it shall make findings as to the place and date of birth, parentage, and such other findings as the case may require and shall issue an order to establish a record of birth.

(e) The clerk of the court shall forward a copy of the order to the state registrar of vital statistics not later than the 10th day of the calendar month following the month in which it was entered. Such order shall be registered by the state registrar of vital statistics in accordance with section 338-13. [L 1972, c 66, pt of §1(3); gen ch 1985; am L 1986, c 339, §45]

Keep trying.

edit on 5/1/11 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Do you ever seriously look into some of the crap that you post? Looking at your some-what credentials as an "ATS Researcher Investigator & Writer" you would think that you would actually bring information that slightly makes sense. But recently some of your threads have been shreded to hell, simply because you seem to take worthless information and post it here as "PROOF" when really its just a huge load of it. As far as this birther, Obama, bull goes, I really dont care too much, thats why I've been refraining from commenting, but everyday I see more misinformation from you self proclaimed "birthers"(who thought of that stupid name anyway and why use it).
I am seriously wondering how someone with thousands of post, and what seems to be an esteemed role here in ATS keeps posting piles of horse sheisse.
i think someone may have hacked your account, like seriously.... some post you seem to be an old grumpy dude with slight intelligence with nothing better to do, and in others you seem to be some unintelligent redneck using terms like "dude".

I really am confused.... If this is what ATS loves, I'm starting to realize this site is not anywhere near where I need to be.

Deny Ignorance my a$$

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join