It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden's great escape: How the world's most wanted man made fools of elite troops who'd trappe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Bin Laden's great escape: How the world's most wanted man made fools of elite troops who'd trapped him in his mountain lair

The above article is one that I think everyone should have a read at. It’s a very interesting, although brief account of how Osama Bin Laden escaped during the Battle of Tora-Bora. It also troughs up a few interesting points, mainly the article alleges that Bin Laden did not escape into Pakistan as other (and it should be said arguably more reliable) sources have said but rather headed further north into Afghanistan. For some strange reason this article also attempt to pass of some information as “new” information however this is not really the case for example its already known that it was the SBS and not SAS involved in the operation, in fact most if the information in this article can be found if you read the books by Dalton Fury, Gary Berntsen and Gary Schroen. It’s also quite interesting how the article does not mention the work of SAD, but that name very rarely percolates down to the MSN.

edit on 30-4-2011 by kevinunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
Bin Laden's great escape: How the world's most wanted man made fools of elite troops who'd trapped him in his mountain lair

The above article is one that I think everyone should have a read at. It’s a very interesting, although brief account of how Osama Bin Laden escaped during the Battle of Tora-Bora. It also troughs up a few interesting points, mainly the article alleges that Bin Laden did not escape into Pakistan as other (and it should be said arguably more reliable) sources have said but rather headed further north into Afghanistan. For some strange reason this article also attempt to pass of some information as “new” information however this is not really the case for example its already known that it was the SBS and not SAS involved in the operation, in fact most if the information in this article can be found if you read the books by Dalton Fury, Gary Berntsen and Gary Schroen. It’s also quite interesting how the article does not mention the work of SAD, but that name very rarely percolates down in the MSN.

I am of the opinion that the US let bin Laden "escape." We needed our Goldstein (1984 reference). If we caught him, much less reason to pursue war.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Isn't the US working with Al Quaida (now their allies) in Libya?

Doesn't that wake up Americans? If not, then they really are stupid.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Interestingly in another version of this story in the book, off the top of my head i think its rouge state by William blum. It is claimed that the SBS had “eye ball” on Bin Laden requested permission to engage him and this was denied because it was claimed they did not have the fire power to guarantee a result and were ordered to await reinforcements from Delta Force. They took over a hour and when they turned up he was in Pakistan. One could read into that , that America either let him get away or in a quest to be seen as the ones who naturalised for their own selfish desires cocked up.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I reckon our troops had the oppurtunity to capture him at that moment, but in the confusion of battle they lost sight of him and Bin Laden managed to slip away. I say we just bomb the heck out of that country and that's the end of that. (No nukes though as that's just distasteful).

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by moogins

No they’re not and why was that comment just directed at Americans. Do you think they are the only ones daft enough to believe such a silly statement, if so I really do hope you are undestimating the intelligence of the American people.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by moogins

I think that some splinter group have managed to wiggle there way into the ranks of the rebels. It isns't just the U.S who are supporting the rebels, it is NATO as well.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

reply to post by moogins

No they’re not and why was that comment just directed at Americans. Do you think they are the only ones daft enough to believe such a silly statement, if so I really do hope you are undermining the intelligence of the American people.

They are not working with Al Quaida in Libya?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Oh yes right, the US doesn't know this, how silly of me, then the US intelligence is stupid too, hardly the best in the world then is it.

edit on 30-4-2011 by moogins because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I started believing in alternate universes when I realized that Osama Bin Laden never existed in mine.

Empty hands, heavy pockets.

link   
reply to post by moogins

No sorry I refuse to believe, purely because I don’t believe everything I read in the press. Even if this is true it does not mean the same Al’Qa’ida that allegedly committed the 9/11 attacks or any connection to Bin Laden nor does this prove a connection between America and NATO states and Al’Qa’ida. This link to me if true, is very weak.

link   
Marine scout snipers had 7 individuals pinned in a cave. One of whom was identified as Bin Laden. They were ordered to back down and pack up no questions asked. The US doesn't want him dead. He is too valuable.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

Do you have a link or a source for that information?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

reply to post by moogins

No sorry I refuse to believe, purely because I don’t believe everything I read in the press. Even if this is true it does not mean the same Al’Qa’ida that allegedly committed the 9/11 attacks or any connection to Bin Laden nor does this prove a connection between America and NATO states and Al’Qa’ida. This link to me if true, is very weak.

Yeah sorry silly of me, that was a different Al Quaida, they should proably sue them for brand dilution or something, didn't they trademark their name?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by moogins

Well yes, you have the think of Al’Qa’ida in several stages, each one is significantly different to the other, each is his different members and a different organisational structure with different objectives. I can’t be bothered going into the details but right now the Al’Qa’ida that allegedly committed the 9/11 attacks if completely different to the Al’Qa’ida of today.

Just read your edit, I can appreciate sarcasm but really this is not the main topic of this thread to go into the intricate details f Al’Qa’ida’s history and so on its just about how Bin Laden escaped from Tora-Bora so I would really appreciate if we discuss that.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Its called first hand experience, I was 2nd Recon Bn scout sniper.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

reply to post by moogins

Well yes, you have the think of Al’Qa’ida in several stages, each one is significantly different to the other, each is his different members and a different organisational structure with different objectives. I can’t be bothered going into the details but right now the Al’Qa’ida that allegedly committed the 9/11 attacks if completely different to the Al’Qa’ida of today.

Yes because the ones that committed the 9/11 attacks are dead, ofcourse they are not hte same ones today.

But thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

I don’t want to appear to doubt you claims however without a more reliable source its difficult for me to comment further on your comment. If you had any further information and sources I would very much appreciate it.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by moogins

The point of them not being the same Al’Qa’ida is really very mute and events in Libya have nothing to do with this thread. Sorry but I don’t really want to discuss the changing nature of Al’Qa’ida and how this impacts current affairs, let alone with someone who doesn’t seem very knowledgeable of the subject and resorts to sarcasm over every point.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I don't mind if you doubt me, we are all entitled to our opinions. However, the US media and govt isn't going to be so reliable if they are protecting him in which they are.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

reply to post by moogins

The point of them not being the same Al’Qa’ida is really very mute and events in Libya have nothing to do with this thread. Sorry but I don’t really want to discuss the changing nature of Al’Qa’ida and how this impacts current affairs, let alone with someone who doesn’t seem very knowledgeable of the subject and resorts to sarcasm over every point.

Changing nature, you mean, a group that changes tactics and targets. Yes of course, they have a changing nature. Most groups do.

So let me get this right they are Al Quaida but not Al Quaida just to fit your disbelieve that shock and awe the US is working with them in Libya while also pretending to chase down a leader of them in another part of the world.

Silly silly of me indeed to see the connection and double standards, wait, isn't that what the US does? Say one thing and do another? Oh yes indeed all to fit their goals at that place and point in time.

<<   2 >>

join