It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exelon to buy Constellation in $7.9 billion stock deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Exelon to buy Constellation in $7.9 billion stock deal

www.baltimoresun.com

Constellation Energy Group, Baltimore's last remaining Fortune 500 company, said Thursday it agreed to sell itself to Chicago-based Exelon Corp. in a $7.9 billion stock deal, creating the largest energy provider in the United States.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This is what got my attention. Not that there is anything exciting about one large company buying another out, unless it is a an icon. But that the deal will create the largest energy provider in the US.
I thought there were anti trust laws in this sort of thing. Though I have no knowledge of how anti-trust works.
Though the utilities will stand alone.

www.baltimoresun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Maybe the SCOTUS will step in and support us against the giant corporations.

2nd Line . . . . "Not" .

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
just look at comcast. they're monopolizing the entire united states. one word, illegal.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rekrul
just look at comcast. they're monopolizing the entire united states. one word, illegal.

Why is Verizon successfully selling the FiOS Triple Play in Maryland for $99 a month?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
For a second I thought they were going to buy an actual constellation of stars lol....

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yea Fios is fighting back hard in Maryland and giving Comcast a run for their money.

When I lived in teh southwest, it was Cox cable, whom I think is expanding this way a little bit.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
anti-trust really has nothing to do with monopolies. It is about whether or not the politicians can trust that their campaign contributions will continue to flow in.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Fair enough. But if someone could explain it, it would be appreciated. I thought municipalities were not allowed to fanchise, but if they have a different name that is ok?

new topics

top topics

join