It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony being sued. Could loose Billions.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Breaking News: Word just got out that Sony SCEA is being sued over the ongoing PSN breach.

The lawsuit was filed by the Rothken Law Firm in a California court this morning. In a nut-shell, the lawsuit alleges that Sony failed to take proper precautions to ensure that personal information was safe. Sony has yet to release a comment on the lawsuit, but one is expected shortly.

The news comes as another crushing blow to Sony after nearly a weeklong PSN outage. Sony finally came clean yesterday and informed the world that personal information, which may include credit card information, may have been stolen in the breach. So far the reaction from the gaming public has been one of anger and outrage at Sony.
www.examiner.com...

Copy of pdf containing complaint
ps3movies.ign.com...
So Sony and their online community are victims of a crime, and instead of going after the criminals people want to go after the victim.

edit on 27-4-2011 by shikori because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
How does this fit into the paranormal studies forum?

You might want to U2U a mod and have them change the forum for you.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Ok... i'm just gone put this out there...

Why is this thread posted in Paranormal Studies?

Any takers?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
thank god i didnt switch to ps3 and trade in my xbox. (i almost did)

lol could this be a product of an attack by microsoft to get people to switch over to 360?? haha jkjk.

either way it seems like typical japanese politics to not give out NEEDED information about problems (ie the nuclear disaster)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

I really don't know why, but I am going to ask the mods to move it.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Sadly i feel this is going to kill PS3.

Regards to all

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This will turn Sony into the new Sega.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
buy all the games u can people before playstation burns to the ground!

I have a ps3 and am probably a victim of this. but whatever, i'm sure countless people know my information.

Im not worried about sony though, they make A LOT more products than just video game systems.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
How do you join the class action lawsuit?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
THAT'S like the people suing Japanese banks because a Tsunami hit their bank vaults and wiped out all the money...

"Well you should have kept it safe...."

Before you call this a "stupid analogy" consider, like a Tsunami, Anon is an unstoppable force.

/thread

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Who said annon are involved?

Edit to add- personally i dont think annon are responsible for it.They would be the first to admit guilt if that was the case and this wasnt just a DDos attack it was theft of consumers details,annon clearly state they stopped there attack on sony because of the repercussions for the consumers.

Regards
Rapper

edit on 30/09/10 by FeatheredSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by shikori

So Sony and their online community are victims of a crime, and instead of going after the criminals people want to go after the victim.

Yes, Sony is a victim and so is everyone else that uses PSN and trusted Sony to keep their information secure. Had Sony taken the precautions of PCI Compliance that credit card companies require, the hackers may not have been able to get to the information that is supposed to be secure. So, in that aspect Sony allowed this to happen and should be strung up just as much as the hackers. This is a double edged sword where both parties are guilty. The hackers are guilty for hacking and Sony is guilty of negligence. Hopefully, the positive aspect of this will be recognized and used to help the peoples cause of corporations taking their customers for granted. This should be used as a message and the people need to make sure ALL corporations heads are on the chopping block if they do not get their act together.

edit on 27-4-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
how can they lose billions? these people haven't lost their money yet...if you're a member of PSN and you think your credit card information isn't secure anymore...call up your card holder or bank and change it...don't ask for a handout when nothing has been taken from you as of yet...ensure nothing happens and stop whining...seriously

If something happens and you do get scammed...then you can join in on a lawsuit or start your own...until then just stop being a sue happy pain in the a$$
edit on 27-4-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

Oh and by the way they say all this MAY have happened...meaning they aren't sure...which means there is no absolute proof that anything has been stolen yet...
edit on 27-4-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by shikori

This is all great (sarcasm) but where is the compensation for any of the members of the playstation network!!??

Yeah, like I thought, fine them (SONY) and the courts pocket it.

Pathetic.

I can express this in one word, ARGHMACKINFURKINANOYANBASTUUMRDMOJOARMPHH!

But seriously...

I am tired of these regulatory bodies profiting at the expense of a corporate mistake and a consumer victimisation.

I think that consumers should be given compensation for this risk, for once and I know Sony cannot take that hit, thats fine, all of the countries that will fine Sony senseless for data protection breaches, can dish the compensation out to citizens.

edit on 27-4-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by shikori

edit on 27-4-2011 by shikori because: (no reason given)

Let me ask you something...

Do you understand how Terms and Conditions work, legal bindings and the such? Or are you just angry that you won't be getting any new Sony-based consoles any time soon?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
for starters the death nell was sounded for the ps3 when a certain mr hotz released the key
what people are missing is the simple knowledge that the console war is now an all out if one sided war
with 360 supporting hackers deliberately trying to scuttle the ps3!
thankfully the 360 remains untouched for now (360 user)!
i've been informed by microsoft admin that this particular vunerability is 360 safe
but then they would say that!
ALYXX aka XSINCLAIRUSERX
P.S.evidence for my accusations can be found all over xbox scene if you look just like mr icke says
follow the MONEY follow the KNOWLEDGE! XX

edit on 27/4/11 by shemalealy because: clarity

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I was waiting for something like this to happen. Sony should only come under legal scrutiny and possible recompensive action if it is proven they were negligent in their security, and I don't think they were.

No point in suing someone or something for an event that is not their fault, and they are doing the best they can to rectify it. At least they had the guts to actually tell all their customers what happened and what the risks are, rather than trying to hide it away.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
www.vg247.com...

Supposed hacker chat-logs reveal PSN security lapses
A supposed chat log recorded from a discussion between PSN hackers has shown that data on the service wasn’t properly encrypted and that in the early days of PSN “you could see userpass, etc, plain”.

If this is real Sony is in trouble. The logs are at the link if you want to read them.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

exactly i think sony have been screwed deliberately using a vunerability that exposes thier lack of vigilance
so 50/50 blame on both sony and --------
but we will see if sony end up taking the fall i hope not as i like the ps3 and 360 equally both are exellent consoles
but for me 360 had the edge graphically so my ps3 became my bluray player lucky really slightly better graphics and i might have been foobared now lol xx

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by shemalealy

The strange thing about that chat-log is it seems like atleast one of them works on the inside at Sony.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join