It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous or Just plain Idiotic? Encourage or Dissuade me.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It is a lot to type out, so I will do a little copy paste from another thread I made last night after an interesting dream.

First I need to state that I feel like I'm in crisis mode. I feel as if I have no skill, little experience, and little market value. I'm year from Graduating University and I only have a summer's worth of experience interning for a congressional office. As a PoliSci major (Should have done biology or chem) I have the options of law school, grad school, or finding work for a political office. I would really like to do the first one, but that's more debt and the later options are just boring. Some say I have a knack for writing, but what are the chances of getting published? I'm 20 and I'm losing hope in the system, this is bad. Anyways...paste time:

From thread - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Last week I decided that my life seemed to be going on a path to nowhere. I am a student in University seeking to go to law school; however, the law market is over saturated and the chances of me being hired after getting into ridiculous debt is quite awful. I've even decided to try and take the mcats as well as the lsat, just to see if med school could be an option; people always need to be healed and I'd like nothing more than to actually help people. I like to write, but I'm sure being a starving artist is not a path I'd enjoy. Even though I'm trying to broaden my future opportunities, everything still seems to be...lost. I was looking for a way to change the game, permanently. I try to practice meditation, but it's hard to fit in-between the classes, homework, gym, rest, and stress. The idea of a permanent game changer came when I watched the film Limitless. I needed something like that medicine used in the movie, something that would make my neural connections stronger increasing memory, cognition, learning, and application of all subconsciously experienced senses.

Now, I said I tried to meditate for a reason. This is due to meditation being scientifically proven to grow gray matter in one's mind and alter brain structure. I've been trying to meditate regularly for at least 2 years now. But, again, last week I thought that things needed to be accelerated. The future just seemed so bleak, and hopeless. The economy is spiraling downwards, job opportunities are becoming scarce, older generations are eating into the nation by taking so many entitlements, and there is little to no truth in the American dream (at least not for my generation). I needed to change something and fast. Researching what happens when an individual meditates, I stumbled upon the theta and gamma waves. Now, I used to tinker around with binaural brainwave beats before tests sometimes and would get great results, but I always chalked it up to my natural intelligence. Last week I found videos that give full on theta and gamma waves without any easing in or easing out. I thought that this was my chance to alter my brain in an accelerated fashion. Vids are as followed:

Theta:

Gamma:

I usually give the Theta a listen before bed for thirty minutes, or randomly throughout the day. I listen to the gamma in the middle of the day or in the night, not before bed.

Ever since I began listening to these frequencies I've noticed some changes, yes, changes in a week. I am a little more extroverted. This may not be a big deal to most but coming from someone whose hears almost beats out of his chest every-time he raises his hand to answer a question, yes it means a lot. This week, I have found less nervousness and fear when talking in class. It's a slight change, I'm not going up in front of large, silent crowds and speaking...not yet, but its a change none the less. The Theta vid, without a doubt assists in vivid dreams. I have not forgotten a dream since using the waves.

Seeing these results...I wanted more. I knew things would take longer, I know that it takes at least 8 weeks or so for the brain structure to really begin to change from meditative practices, so I decided to up the ante, if you will. I incorporated these vids into my accelerated growth program

Wealth/Success

Relationships/Love

With these videos, I turn off the sound and play theta waves instead. I found those two vids two days ago (now 3 days), and I plan to use them everyday as well.

_End PASTE_

Ok, so...ATS, what am I doing to myself. I haven't given up on the traditional way, I'm a hardworking student and my GPA is at a 3.8 (haha, finals are next week, lets see if it maintains, raises, or drops). I'm fit, I'm handsome...and damn it things seem to be falling apart anyways. I wonder, will doing this have no effect, little effect, disastrous effect, or positive effect. Should I stop?
The effects I've seen are interesting. All my dreams are now vivid. I'm a tad bit more extroverted (just a little). I'm a hell of a lot more conservative on some issues and a hell of a lot more liberal on others(could be the ridiculous lack of sleep I'm getting due to finals being so close). I haven't been able to make the gym in over a week and a half due to studying, group meetings, and writing papers. Some may say "You're just stressed" Which I am, but it will only get worse next year when It comes time for me to take the lsat and mcats and graduate attempting to begin a graduate program with more DEBT.
So, ATS, heads up or heads down on this "mind altering" experiment. I'm trying to allow the being that can take on this world a chance to wake up, I know it's in their...inside of me waiting to come out...I'm just not sure this is the proper way.

Someone provide wisdom, please

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Well it really can't hurt, I dont know if it actually helps but I know it can't hurt to try.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
While I am not qualified to answer your question, I am very interested in participating in a group project using the videos you posted. You should start a thread and ask for recruits, we could check in a few times/week to check on progress.

I can only think that it couldn't hurt to try to better ourselves!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
You have seen the results for yourself, you don't need anyone else to tell you otherwise.

You have seen a positive change, as small as it may be. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Keep moving.

Also try to look around your local area, many times demand for a new business is there, but it is a small demand, therefore no one pays it any attention. A small biz can hold you over while you decide what to do with the rest of your life.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I use these waves as well. Though, I use mainly Theta and Delta more because I become obsessed with random thoughts which lead to frequent bouts of Insomnia.
They've helped me a great deal in calming my thought patterns and relieving stress.
Please don't feel like you've made a bad career choice and your screwed because they are just choices in the grand scheme of it all and there may be someone out there who's life may benefit greatly from all that you have learned.
There is also nothing wrong with exploring different options either.
Your only gaining more knowledge. There's nothing wrong with that in my book.
So, try not to stress about the future too much... I know that's easy to say, i haven't walked in your shoes... but I've walked long enough in mine to know that "All things work themselves out and and worrying get you nowhere".
I wish you the best on your journey and hope you find satisfaction in even the smallest of things!

edit on 26-4-2011 by Numb2itall because: I'm still learning your species languages.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by makinit66
While I am not qualified to answer your question, I am very interested in participating in a group project using the videos you posted. You should start a thread and ask for recruits, we could check in a few times/week to check on progress.

That doesn't sound like a horrible idea. In fact, it sounds fantastic.

I want to thank everyone for the encouragement. I appreciate it so much!

Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel after all. Of course, things will seem a lot better after I start getting regular 8 hour nights again...only a week and a half to go until summer.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

Originally posted by makinit66

That doesn't sound like a horrible idea. In fact, it sounds fantastic.

I want to thank everyone for the encouragement. I appreciate it so much!

Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel after all. Of course, things will seem a lot better after I start getting regular 8 hour nights again...only a week and a half to go until summer.

I would be interested in seeing this myself. I volunteer.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDarkestHour

I'll make the thread on Thursday or Friday when I get some breathing room.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
That's the problem with logical thinking sir, you can't let others tell you if what you are experiencing is right/wrong or safe/dangerous. Let your daily mindset make that decision.

But with that said, let me give you a little suggestion on what you should consider as far as school goes
. The problem is you can't really let a job or income define you...the ultimate goal is to be independent and confident which is all that financial security brings. Perhaps learn what it's like to live frugally, understand what it takes to survive independently, and treat others independently as they come to you. Stop seeing the world as a whole, who cares if the economy collapses...if you can fend for yourself and help the ones you love then it doesn't matter what kind of degree you have, how big your house is, or how many women you can manipulate for a night.

But I believe for schooling you must take the things you love the most, and try to incorporate them all...keep you options open. I'm currently half way through a double major(psych and engr)/ double minor (phil and neuro) and will probably end up joining the military as a medic after I graduate. Afterward I will have the options of going to pre-med, graduate psych or phil, law school, or engineering and have the military pay for it. If you really want to go to law school bad enough, then you can find a way to get loans or grants...it's all about how bad you want it.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Well electric, not sure about all the waves per se, but you and i have things in common. I too will soon be a poli sci major with a minor in history, in 2012. Thus, i will be going into law, which will be enviromental. I have found that an individual can work for the BLM, with ease, or fly solo and make twice the money as there is only a hand full of lawyers that go against this huge entity called the BLM. Just a heads up. best luck

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
If it works, keep doing it. Decide for yourself.
My opinion? Sounds to me like you need to get laid.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

thanks for brainwashing me with your A/V presentations, my eyeballs got a gamma-ache. find on Netflix, or order online, interesting documentary its called FOODMATTERS

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Sometimes, I wish I could have another crack at starting out as a young adult again. But then I read an opening thread post like this one, and I realize that those were the worst years of my whole life, and that you couldn't pay me to have to dig through all of that again.

We used subliminal audio tapes to try and get an edge, as well as L-Glutamine (that body-builder amino acid) for waking our brains up. It's very effective if you take a 1 gram capsule of the stuff with breakfast and a 1 gram capsule with lunch. Body builders take it before bed on an empty stomach to stimulate natural growth hormone levels while they sleep, but if you take it with a protein meal, it feeds your brain a boost of Glutamic Acid (brain sugar) and can jack your mental agility to distracting levels. It was pretty popular among college students and business executives before the whole Ginko thing launched its PR campaign. By the way, that stuff is a total waste of time.

As far as breaking through in any quick and sure manner, the only thing that actually works is to start liking people and being interested in them. This is the absolute only sure-fire way to achieve anything in any field of business, law, medicine or finance. People like to work with people that they like, and that'll always be the buzz saw in the door way for those fast-burners who are convinced that they can run over everyone on their way to the top. Unless you were born on third, no one makes it around the bases without making a lot of friends along the way. And no one makes friends unless they honestly find people interesting and appealing.

If you want to succeed, train yourself to love people. Nothing else will make as much of a difference as simply liking people that you meet and work with.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
oops

2nd line
edit on 7/17/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join