It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal jelly secret revealed...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Masaki Kamakura of Toyama Prefectural University in Imizu, Japan, stored royal jelly at 40 °C for 30 days, feeding it to bee larvae at intervals. Its regal effect gradually weakened, suggesting the key ingredient was decaying. He then fed larvae deactivated jelly with each batch laced with a different compound that was subject to decay. Only one caused the larvae to turn into queens: a protein Kamakura calls royalactin.

Royalactin; thank goodness someone isolated this protein. I suspect this will be central to any attempts to restore the robust health of bees after our last decade of "Collapsed Hive Syndrome".

Given this knowledge, we could reestablish hives from any larvae surviving in a hive.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Delete.
edit on 4/26/2011 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Would someone do me a favor and delete the post directly above ^

Thanks for posting this information. With all the terrible events in the news recently, it's encouraging to know that we might just be able to save the Honey Bees and in the process save our own butts as well....
edit on 26-4-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Delete
edit on 4/26/2011 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Finally a little good news. Thanks OP. Hope this is catching!
Royal Jelly
www.pureroyaljelly.com...

Royal jelly is a thick, extremely nutritious, milky-white, creamy liquid secreted by the hypopharyngeal glands of the nurse bees. Queen bees live exclusively on royal jelly and it accounts for their incredible size and longevity. They average 42 percent larger and weigh 60 percent more than the worker bee. Amazingly, they live 40 times longer

edit on 26-4-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I think the reason this person said to remove the post above is because it contributed to the thread in no way. How about giving your thoughts on this (not idiotic thoughts). I for one think that this is breakthrough.

*EDIT* : Wow! I am so clueless. I didn't even know this "royal jelly" was made by the bees themselves.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This seems like excellent news for the honeybees! Hopefully, they will find it also useful in medical applications for us human beings too. I am definitely going to follow this development.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
good thread

i see it this way..gmc,pesticides,and all other manners tptb will do to kill of the bee..and theyre evolving,fighting bk....i always remember goldblume in jurassic..life wiil always find a way

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
How wonderful that the thing that can help them is also one of the things they themselves produce. Fantastic creatures. That royal jelly is also excellent stuff for pumping up our fertility too.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

If eating the certain derivitive turns you into a queen, you can keep it.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
reply to post by Maxmars

You may be the first bee larvae to ever have said that.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
good thread

i see it this way..gmc,pesticides,and all other manners tptb will do to kill of the bee..and theyre evolving,fighting bk....i always remember goldblume in jurassic..life wiil always find a way

Uh.... it's not the Bees evolving or fighting "bk" (really? "ac" was too much to type?) It's human scientists making new queens. Did you read the article?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
reply to post by Maxmars

If it makes you live 40 times longer, I'd have to think about it.

Maybe if they could isolate the part that makes you live 40 times longer without making you a queen you'd be interested?

Maxmars, thanks for the interesting thread. It took them a while to isolate this compound but who knows what it will lead to? However TPTB might suppress a 40x increase in lifespan. It looks like the social security system will collapse even if people live only normal lifespans, increasing it 40x will just make it that much worse, unless we raise the retirement age to 2100 years old

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I wonder if I feed Royal Jelly to the ole lady, get her pregnant, feed the child a adequate dose of
RJ every meal. will it grow up to be Royalty... ??? whats the definition of Royalty>? one who is
fed royal'ly. and chocolate is the food of the gods... humm... chemically I wonder if feeding these
foods from conception on.... would create a superior human... ?
edit on 26-4-2011 by ISRAELdid911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Only one caused the larvae to turn into queens: a protein Kamakura calls royalactin.

I love that it's called royal actin. That made me laugh. Anyone else?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
i make it a general rule not to star or flag any moderators, but i made an exception here because this could turn out to be pretty important...nice find...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I've bathed in bath essence made up with royal jelly for last 25 years and usually have to hide it away from the family when they decide to languish instead of shower. Pleased for the bees, it wasn't till a farming friend told me just how important they are to our ecology that this little townie appreciated them and my languishing.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Thanks Maxmars. My wife just installed her first two hives a couple of weeks ago. Any info is much appreciated.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I think bee keeping should become America's favorite new hobby. I took a course in HS and it's not that difficult really.

Honey is being acclaimed by doctors now as the remedy for anti-biotic resistant "Super Bugs"...

Honey more effective than Antibiotics

Even chronic wounds infected with multi-resistant bacteria often healed within a few weeks. In conjunction with colleagues from Düsseldorf, Homburg and Berlin they now want to test the experience gained in a large-scale study, as objective data on the curative properties of honey are thin on the ground.

The ancients knew this... we are re-discovering... if the SHTF, this is valuable information to know.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Given this knowledge, we could reestablish hives from any larvae surviving in a hive.

I think we could already do that using fresh Royal Jelly from any thriving hive. However, how the protein works can now be studied for clues about mortality so it's fascinating nonetheless.

<<   2  3 >>

join