It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fastcheck.org admits obama had duel citizenship!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

we said that Obama’s citizenship expired in 1982, on Obama’s 21st birthday. In fact, however, the Kenyan Constitution provides a two-year window during which one can decide which citizenship to keep. So, President Obama’s Kenyan citizenship expired on Aug. 4, 1984, not 1982, as we had initially reported. We regret the error. But we do note that the two-year change doesn’t really make any difference. As we’ve said before, the only constitutional requirements for being elected president are that one be at least 35 years old, reside in the U.S. for 14 consecutive years prior to election and be a natural-born citizen

factcheck.org...

So in all fact how many americans would have voted for a man with duel citizenship?

If your american odds are none of you.
it's too dangerous.

But there ya have it even fastcheck.org is backpedaling there fact's.
Just thought this needed to be posted.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

reside in the U.S. for 14 consecutive years prior to election and be a natural-born citizen

IF THIS is true... I mean 100% true.. then there we have it... He HAS been here for more than 14 years therefore making him 100% eligible to be President.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I am a natural born US citizen like Obama. I also have dual-citizenship like many, many, many other Americans. I still meet all the requirements that a US president would be required to meet.

The US law allows for this. There is nothing nefarious about it.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Personally, I think every President should have lived abroad. Our nation is one of many peoples, a melting pot of the world, and our relationship with the world is a complicated one. The person who "Commands" this nation should have a better world view than the average Joe, better than one of someone who's lived their entire lives in America.

Not that any of this matters. People are still hung up on Obama's legitimacy like its a conspiracy. Even if he were born into a family that consisted of (inventing a scenario here. Calm down) his father being a African Blood Diamond czar, and his mother being Hitler's niece, and he was raised in China, it would be less frightening than the truth. The man has no power. Your votes did not get this man into office, and it doesn't matter who he really is or was. He isn't executing his plan. He's doing what he's told by those who decided that he would be President in the first place. Just like they decided that Bush would be President, and Clinton before him, and Bush before him. He's a P.R. stunt and the social leap of who he is (a half black man) is a distraction to conceal the truth. This birth certificate business is really getting tiring, as none of it matters.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

I believe when this whole angle comes up, the problem we run into is his Indonesian citizenship.

When he was attending school in Indonesia, I believe the word is that they were at war or the like and as such, did not allow dual-citizenship, meaning he would had to have revoked US citizenship at that time to attend.

As such, returning to the US would have naturalized him as a US citizen, but I think the claim is that he would no longer qualify as natural born. This whole thing is quite the rabbit warren.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Personally i wouldn't have a clear conscious if i elected a man with duel citizenship as president.
Even if it was when he was 21.

The fact would always be in the back of my head..is he bias to the other country....

i am just stating a obvious fact here.

I know no laws forbid it..but common sense needs to step in somewhere.

Would you elect a president vladamir putin the 4th ..born in the united states but has duel citizenship with russia?
great great great great grandson of the ex president of russia.
Just asking.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

it's all iffy to me.
and cause of that iffyness lol i don't see how anyone could vote for a man no one knows for sure who he is for real.
that in its self makes me think something is bad wrong.

Where there is smoke there's fire
and that saying holds true. here.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

IF THIS is true... I mean 100% true.. then there we have it... He HAS been here for more than 14 years therefore making him 100% eligible to be President.

Not so fast. NATURAL BORN is the key. You have to have resided in the US for 14 years prior to running, but you still have to be NATURAL born citizen. You can be a natural born citizen and leave the country, which makes you illegible until you live there for 14 years as your primary residence.

All this birther nonsense aside, there's plenty of reasons to hate Obama as the president without resorting to this birth certificate nonsense.

birthers you have been played like I've been warning for years now, this was all a mere distraction to keep you occupied on the straw man birth certificate charade instead of doing anything of meaning and value in regards to removing Obama from office.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

So, what's your point? According to the very article you sourced, Obama clearly DID NOT have dual citizenship when he ran for, and was elected as POTUS. Of course we wouldn't elect a President who currently had dual citizenship, (at least I wouldn't) but Obama didn't and so we did, elect him that is.

Personally, I don't think that anyone "currently possessing" dual citizenship should be allowed to serve in any position in the federal government, whether it be by election or appointment. I'm not saying that anyone who has ever had dual citizenship shouldn't be able to serve, only that you shouldn't be eligible to serve while retaining citizenship of a foreign nation. If you want to serve, then you should make a choice of where your loyalty lies.

Many Americans end up with birthright citizenship in foreign nations because of the nationality of their parents but it doesn't make them any less American than you or I. We are a nation of immigrants which, by it's very nature, will produce children who are awarded dual citizenship at birth. Can't have one without the other.

On the other hand, I would just imagine that during the time that our founding fathers were writing the very constitution that is the cornerstone of our great society, that many of them were indeed citizens of other nations. I'm sure that during those early years, there were many occasions where children were born as American citizens when neither of their parents were U.S. citizens, much less just one of them.

I think you may have better luck recruiting members to the Obama haters fan club with the alien hybrid theory. At least it's harder for those of us who actually rely on facts to disprove.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I'd vote for him. A lot of countries do that. Canada does it. If he had dual citizenship with Canada instead of Kenya would it make a difference? I am so tired of the rehashing of this argument. I take it kind of personally because I had so much trouble registering my boy for kindergarten in the states. They didn't recognize the official report of birth abroad as a birth certificate (because they "had never seen one"). I can understand how people unfamiliar with the process can be confused. I told the school officials they could either argue with me or the state department. It was ignorant of them to do what they did.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Theres a boatload of govt officials that have USA/Isreal citizenship. There never seems to be a problem with them, so there does seem to be some precident for the arguments made.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The key word is Natural BORN. He was born with dual citizenship. Supreme court decisions in the 1800's described natural born as someone born in this country of parents (plural in their decisions) that are citizens of the U.S.
If he was born in Kenya (no one knows for sure) he would not have any U.S. citizenship as his mother did not meet minimum requirements in force at that time to give him U.S. citizenship status. The law at the time required a mother be at least 19 years old at the time of birth to give citizenship to a child.

If he was (again, no one knows because he has locked up all of his records) adopted in Indonesia he would be required to file to have his U.S. citizenship returned and he would be a naturalized citizen.
edit on 26-4-2011 by rlrsar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

Natural born status only applies to the office of President

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

reside in the U.S. for 14 consecutive years prior to election and be a natural-born citizen

You are missing the last part that states natural born citizen. That is the part being called into question. Check the US laws from Immigration to see how that works and whats considered relinquising your US citizenship.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is not news. Much less Breaking News. The fact that Obama was born with dual citizenship has been well-known for years. Factcheck.org 'admitted' this in 2008.

From 2008: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your title sounds like he's fighting with citizenship. It's DUAL, not duel.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Just a small point. You forgot to mention the last criterion: "be a natural-born citizen." Obama isn't. His mother was one year too young for him to qualify. Study your law as it was THEN (not as it may be NOW - it isn't retroactive).

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Originally posted by micpsi
Just a small point. You forgot to mention the last criterion: "be a natural-born citizen." Obama isn't. His mother was one year too young for him to qualify. Study your law as it was THEN (not as it may be NOW - it isn't retroactive).

I think it is YOU who should study your law. The criterion you site is for children BORN ABROAD.

www.visalaw.com...

What are the rules for people born between December 23, 1952 and November 13, 1986?

Again, children born abroad to two US citizen parents were US citizens at birth, as long as one of the parents resided in the US at some point before the birth of the child.

When one parent was a US citizen and the other a foreign national, the US citizen parent must have resided in the US for a total of 10 years prior to the birth of the child, with five of the years after the age of 14.

It doesn't matter if his mom was three when she had him in Hawaii. He's still a natural born citizen.
edit on 4/26/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

What are you talking about, she was too young? Rather than instruct others to go and study the law, maybe you should provide some sort of documentation to support your claim, at least if it is to be taken seriously. I would like to see any legislation which exempts anyone who was born in America from being a "natural born citizen" based on the mothers age at birth. Personally, I don't believe it would even matter if both parents are not U.S. citizens, If you were born here, you are a "natural born citizen."

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

That's what people get when they go to noquarter to get their news. I believe that's the rag that was pushing that particular story about 3 years ago. They left out the part of the citizenship law that stated "For children born abroad"... And many are pushing that lie to this day! :shk:

From 2008:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4/26/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
Theres a boatload of govt officials that have USA/Isreal citizenship. There never seems to be a problem with them, so there does seem to be some precident for the arguments made.

There definitely is a "boatload" of govt. officials with dual citizenship but I don't know if I'd go so far to say that there never seems to be a problem with them. If you look at the list of those govt. officials who do indeed hold joint USA/Israeli citizenship, you will find that they occupy some of the very positions that have caused us a "boatload" of problems.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join