It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is going wrong...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I'm in France : Two weeks ago, news talked (TV) about Fukushima nuclear plant and radiation all the time...And today,...nothing. Can anybody explain me why there are nothing ? In the States, press talks about it or not ? It is the worlwide censoring ?
Maybe, there is not anymore to say. I would like to view your thoughts, thanks !
edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
There is plenty on here if you look, there is a whole area dedicated to japan, news is slow and were not being told everything that is for sure.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

No one is talking about it, at least not anyone in a position of authority or media.

Where I live, anyway. Makes you wonder...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

This thread has to do with it:
Includes a embed of a video from a Frenchman in Tokyo absolutely losing his mind because the Japanese Government wants to censor information regarding the incident.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-4-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Its just the usual Gulf Oil spill all over the news then nothing, Bird and Pig flu then nothing, Worst Nuclear accident ever then nothing.
All of these incidents must have just sorted themselves out, back to paying taxes and watching TV sheeple zombies, nothing to see here.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by orinoco4

Sorry i didn't precise : i talk about the new on TV. They don't talk anymore about it. Fortunately, we have this type of site.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Wow i actually forgot about the plant :O amazing how easily things are forgotten and covered up. I live in aus and everyone was crying about how they dont want radiation to come down here, but now, nearly everyone has forgotten about it.. what really did happen there? id love to know

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Here's fresh news by a French news agency... re. nuclear protests
---

Agence France Presse - Anti-nuclear protests on Franco-German border
Apr 25 06:46 AM US/Eastern

www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.e738123e4ccce6019851c695501ca633.541&show_article=1

Anti-nuclear protests were to be held along the Franco-German border Monday, on the eve of the 25th anniversary of the Chernobyl disaster and after Japan's nuclear accident at Fukushima.

Several Easter Monday protests were to take place on bridges over the Rhine in or around Strasbourg, including the main demonstration on the Pont de l'Europe that runs between the eastern French city and Kehl in Germany.

Activists are marking the world's worst nuclear accident at Chernobyl in the Ukraine on April 26, 1986 as well as Japan's nuclear accident at Fukushima and demanding the closure of France's oldest nuclear power station at Fessenheim.

(...)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
news is a product and killing off stories to sell more newspapers or to get ratings is their goal

news isnt there to inform us any more, they'll move on to a new subject to get your attention

and the cash out your wallet with adverts and product placement

edit on 25-4-2011 by wedidgothacked because: spelling

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

Yes, here ecologists hope to leave the nuclear a day but that's all.
The last news about it showed the reparations with water or something like this...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaTouffe
I'm in France : Two weeks ago, news talked (TV) about Fukushima nuclear plant and radiation all the time...And today,...nothing. Can anybody explain me why there are nothing ? In the States, press talks about it or not ? It is the worlwide censoring ?
Maybe, there is not anymore to say. I would like to view your thoughts, thanks !
edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

It look's like the internet is also,we could see the world rising against dictators almost live.
And now nothing... is the world back to sleep already...
Every human possesses some guaranteed basic freedoms and rights, whether it is the freedom of speech, or the freedom to express themselves. However, the government seems to be increasingly determined to limit these freedoms using its power of censorship to confine these rights that we usually take for granted. The most important facet of media in general is that it allows people to express themselves freely. But nonetheless, censorship seems to always be there to limit the expression of those who choose to place deeper messages .Tackling censorship is much more important than it appears to be at the surface; to take down censorship would help preserve the expression of thought. It would help preserve the right to listen to the unaltered forms of everything. Most importantly, it would help preserve the rapidly weakening basic right of speech.

edit on 25-4-2011 by mkkkay because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Most everyone will forget all about it. That is the way.

In a few years, people will start getting sick, and for a minute the headlines may talk about an increase in cancer or other symptoms, but by then most will have forgotten why.
edit on 25-4-2011 by VariableConstant because: typo

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wedidgothacked

. It's true. I remember that : during the news, i saw a woman politician talk about a thing and i saw her assistant moving her lips, the same movement than the politician who talked. The assistant was reday to help to recite a thing.

So, i conculde that the news, on critical things, disinformate or tranform the subjects. They probably ask to the interviewed to say what the press asks.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

I don't like this fatality. Always the things are going to the same direction. I would like to change that but how... We cannot live in this ignorance !

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaTouffe

I don't like this fatality. Always the things are going to the same direction. I would like to change that but how... We cannot live in this ignorance !

We may not live in ignorance, brother, but enough do to insure its perpetual existence. I believe most everyone here would like to change it, be we alone can not.

As the title of your thread states, something is going wrong, indeed, and has been for a while.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Let's start a "David and Goliath" story.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

"ha oui ! tu sais ce qu'il ce passe en france et tu sais comment les choses sont entrain de tourner..."

i m suprise, what are you expecting from the television news...all people here know that we have nothing to wait from mass media, they are just doing what the should do, hardcore news, shoking image and they don"t do any investigation they read the reuters au afp memo... sometimes they send a journalist when the event is very importante like japan and that's all, they will not tell you anything... the role of the media is like the dog who look for the sheep,he frighten them and make it resste up in the herd... you really want change so stop looking at the television it will be a good start... and last thing when the situation is very, very bad they stop talking about it because you should not scare too much the sheep...control is a sweet mix between fear and ignorance ...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The mass populace have the memory span of a chicken...about 2 minutes. This is exactly what the governments/corporations are counting on. Just like down in the gulf of mexico...it got boring with all that technical and ecological jargon and long term enviromental impact...

Same with Japan... no new atomic explosions, no 2 headed mutant babies.... no Godzilla....so the mass world's populace moves on.

It's kind of like a 20 something crowd watching an old Hitchcock thriller...they don't want drama or suspense or build-up...they want blood and mayhem and mass carnage...ala Saw. Same with the news.

Most people don't give any thought to the gradual accumulation of radiation across the northern hemeisphere...little by little...everyday...slowly building up to deadly levels...in your food...your milk...your water... on your playgrounds.

And if the masses thought about it, there would be serious panic...that is why the governments are not pushing for peoples to think critically and rationally. hey look over here at Lybia...hey, look at Gas Prices...

That is where the fukushima story has gone to. But it is there... my wife is into radiation and cancer research...she is a volunteer on the emergency medical response team for our state...she is on the call list of the White House and CDC in Atlanta....and she is at a little known meeting this week...and a exercise/critique of options being considered by the US when things get really bad...if this radiation leak is not resolved soon.

Folks connect the dots...animals are dying in Japan...dead fish are washing up on the coasts of Pacific rim nations..ther are measurable levels of radiation in milk from Washington state to Germany....

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

hi LaTouffe,

slightly off-topic, sorry...
as your thread is new & will gain attention, i hope you don't mind if i post this link to the main fukushima disaster thread on ATS

it concerns me that there is less news coverage by the MSM, & that some people may be taking that as a sign the disaster is no longer of critical importance...

also, some ATS members may be unaware that this important thread is vital, & ongoing, to our understanding of the situation... people have - & still are - putting so much time & energy into the thread... so by adding the link, hopefully it will draw further attention to it, & hopefully efforts from others too

cheers

edit on 25-4-2011 by pattonisit because: (no reason given)

here's a link to the japan forums, it was only created after the disaster

i encourage everyone to go to that thread, & if possible, spend a little time each day catching up with the posts (as it can move very fast at times) unfortunately, this disaster is not over by a long long shot, & should be of utmost concern to everyone, so please check it out

edit on 25-4-2011 by pattonisit because: monkeypattooon

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I remember hearing that Japan wanted information regarding it closed for the time being... whether if there is any truth in the matter I don't know, but I also remember reading it at some point too!
I will look for the link!

Jamie.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join