It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex and the Vatican: A Secret Journey in the Reign of the Chaste

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

New book uncovers sex secrets from within The Vatican City

www.irishcentral.com

It's been an open secret for centuries, but the lid may have finally come off the forbidden sex life of Catholic priests.

A new book alleges that thousands of Catholic priests are conducting secret relationships with men or women - many of them long term - in direct contravention of the Vatican's teachings on celibacy, be it either heterosexual and homosexual
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.catholicculture.org
www.telegraph.co.uk

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

edit on 4/24/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Italian award-winning investigator Carmelo Abbate spent months documenting the hidden world where heterosexual priests father children with women who can never be their wives - and gay priests of many different nationalities conduct affairs or one night stands in Rome.

www.irishcentral.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit:Breaking News rules. Please review this link.
6). After providing a snippet from the news source in the news field, use the comment box to add your own spin or opinions on the topic. We want to know what you think. Do not simply copy and paste more from the article or leave a commentary post that boils down to, 'This is crazy! So what does everyone think?' Add your own thoughts and information in order to facilita]te discussion to your thread.

edit on 24-4-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
As much as I despise the church in all aspects I despise those who continue to support and fund it even more. With the thousands of cases revealed involving pedophilia how can any rational person actually believe there is any sense of decency to come from this organization. To abuse the trust and love of children is the ultimate betrayal, yet the vatican seems to take more pride and joy in the fact that they can call the shots and maintain an image.It would seem clear that a life of celibacy is just extending opportunity for these closet rapists.

Good article OP let's hope more and more people see through all the lies the church states as truth and the better life.

brill

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rai76

I think this post is important - but am very concerned that you posted the article without using "quotes" or "ex" tags. Without even writing your own thoughts!!!

It just looks like you plagiarized the whole thing.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The Vatican is a toilet full of hypocritical peverts which should be demolished without trace and all its pedophilic monsters burnt at the stake!!! Why the public continue to accept this organisation after its historical record is beyond this Father!!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoguePhilosopher
The Vatican is a toilet full of hypocritical peverts which should be demolished without trace and all its pedophilic monsters burnt at the stake!!! Why the public continue to accept this organisation after its historical record is beyond this Father!!

While I agree with the sentiment but I think you go to far.

Yes the Monsters should be burnt but we cant demolish the vatican, so much priceless history and lets not forget the archives.
Think of how much we could learn if the information there was researched and released without an agenda or worrying about if it fits in with the current dogma.

IsmISM in all its forms are wrong and this particular ISM (catholocism) the requirement of celibacy just goes against nature, no other religion REQUIRES this. Sure some holy men as a matter of choice choose celibacy but as a choice its much easier to stick to.

The Catholic church= the biggest blight on human history

DOWN WITH ISMISM!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Found some info on what Jesus said about celibacy.
He says a man may serve god in ANY capacity without being celibate.

Heres the link

What the Bible says about Celibacy

Here is another link with a summarised timeline of celibacy within the church

History of Celibacy

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
If the Vatican wants to polish up their image then it needs to change the rules for those entering the priesthood and demand they be married instead of the celibacy pact that should be outlawed.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
this doesnt suprise me. religion as a form of judgement system of social control is antiquated in the guise of manipulation of natural resources, maybe if the religion institutions had more control over the elect then they would have no choice but to follow their religions edicts. the suprising thing to me about this is the acceptance of this as a changing state of the reality with religions. this is not limited to catholicism, in other religions the social structure of followers enable the elect to act in ways that are counter to the religions function and foundation of the rules intended to govern the followers of said religion.

as an aside; if people think america is in decline then any system that is new and based on the tenets of what made america good will also face the same fate as america: such as rome church not really being the institutions it is predicated upon and the end result being a bandaged image of a past relic held in place by the virtues of beings seeking freedom with/out the reality of the system of society they truly exist in.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Well, I think these are among the many that will say "Lord Lord" and be condemned because they don't truly repent in their hearts.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
this doesnt suprise me. religion as a form of judgement system of social control is antiquated in the guise of manipulation of natural resources, maybe if the religion institutions had more control over the elect then they would have no choice but to follow their religions edicts. the suprising thing to me about this is the acceptance of this as a changing state of the reality with religions. this is not limited to catholicism, in other religions the social structure of followers enable the elect to act in ways that are counter to the religions function and foundation of the rules intended to govern the followers of said religion.

as an aside; if people think america is in decline then any system that is new and based on the tenets of what made america good will also face the same fate as america: such as rome church not really being the institutions it is predicated upon and the end result being a bandaged image of a past relic held in place by the virtues of beings seeking freedom with/out the reality of the system of society they truly exist in.

well thats why there will be a one world government

and you're right about other religions being suspect but NONE OF THEM follow the bible anyway

in the bible it states that there is no such thing as religious denomination and that there was one jesus and that the church is the body of christ thus meaning that there is one accord based principly on the bible itself and not of man's teachings so anyone going against that consecration is relatively blasphemous

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I had sex in the vatican once...true story!

(awaits a good bashing from the god squad...)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RoguePhilosopher

you think Islam isn't the same? all religions are the same.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The very first Christians were obviously Gnostic, so the Roman-Catholic church is nothing but a deviation from the original Gnostic-Catholic Church.

The Major Mysteries by Samael Aun Weor

"Multitudes of orders, lodges, schools, and spiritualist centers follow the good thief, and others the bad thief.

"Likewise the wealth of the multitudes of religious sects has been amassed by the exploitation of the blood of Christ. The Vatican is filled with riches and the entire amount of wealth of the Vatican has been amassed by the exploitation of the blood of the Martyr of Calvary.

"Mystics illuminated by the Holy Spirit know by direct experience that Pope Pius XII had the mark of the beast on his forehead and on his hands. Mystics illuminated by the Holy Spirit know by direct experience that Pope Pius XII was a demon from the abyss; yes, he was an incarnated demon, a demon within a body of bones and flesh.

"Within the ruins of many catholic convents, several skeletons of newborn children were found; this is known by any stonemason who has worked within the ruins of those convents, where the cloistered devotees mystically killed, adulterated, and fornicated.

"These cloistered devotees gave birth with Arcanum 15 (carnal passion) and thereafter killed them with Arcanum 13 (death). It is well known that many priests fornicate and adulterate; yes, they corrupt many damsels in their confessionary.

"Moreover, to demand payment for a wedding ceremony is a crime against the Holy Spirit, who as love dwells within the church of the heart. This is why to make a business of love is a crime against the Holy Spirit. Those people follow the evil thief."

The Gnostics study Chastity Scientifically; that is to say not in a repressive manner, but with Transmutation.

edit on 24-4-2011 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by snowgirl

After you mentioned this... I kinda wish I would've done so when I was there.
Doubt I'll get another chance

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If you really want to see how the church is exposed, watch this documentary trailer, and of course, ultimately the documentary:

For Canada, this is equally disturbing. Has anyone heard of the documentary called: The Boys of St. Vincent? Here is a brief overview of it:

en.wikipedia.org...

The Boys of St. Vincent is a 1992 film directed by John N. Smith for the National Film Board of Canada. It is a two part docudrama based on real events that took place at the Mount Cashel Orphanage in St. John's, Newfoundland, one of a number of child sexual abuse scandals in the Roman Catholic Church.

This stuff makes me sick and also makes me NOT trust the catholic faith.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

The very first Christians were obviously Gnostic, so the Roman-Catholic church is nothing but a deviation from the original Gnostic-Catholic Church.

The Major Mysteries by Samael Aun Weor

"Multitudes of orders, lodges, schools, and spiritualist centers follow the good thief, and others the bad thief.

"Likewise the wealth of the multitudes of religious sects has been amassed by the exploitation of the blood of Christ. The Vatican is filled with riches and the entire amount of wealth of the Vatican has been amassed by the exploitation of the blood of the Martyr of Calvary.

"Mystics illuminated by the Holy Spirit know by direct experience that Pope Pius XII had the mark of the beast on his forehead and on his hands. Mystics illuminated by the Holy Spirit know by direct experience that Pope Pius XII was a demon from the abyss; yes, he was an incarnated demon, a demon within a body of bones and flesh.

"Within the ruins of many catholic convents, several skeletons of newborn children were found; this is known by any stonemason who has worked within the ruins of those convents, where the cloistered devotees mystically killed, adulterated, and fornicated.

"These cloistered devotees gave birth with Arcanum 15 (carnal passion) and thereafter killed them with Arcanum 13 (death). It is well known that many priests fornicate and adulterate; yes, they corrupt many damsels in their confessionary.

"Moreover, to demand payment for a wedding ceremony is a crime against the Holy Spirit, who as love dwells within the church of the heart. This is why to make a business of love is a crime against the Holy Spirit. Those people follow the evil thief."

The Gnostics study Chastity Scientifically; that is to say not in repressive manner, but with Transmutation.

edit on 24-4-2011 by Tamahu because: sizing

Whoa, sounds like an old Chick publication!

Besides internal evidence that clearly "dates" this to the Pius XII era, thereby killing it's current relevance, I'm not sure this helps illuminate what the OP is about. Sure, could be the devil at the bottom of it all, perhaps.

Common sense tells us that celibacy is a rather high bar to set, for anyone. In the case of the Catholic Church, maintaining this old rule is obviously not working very well in this day and age. No big surprise really. Maybe in days gone by, it worked to some extent, but today, it is probably causing more harm than good.

What I see unfolding over these last decades is exactly what we would expect when out-dated ways fail to be relevant anymore. While I think the future will mean priests will be married once again, in the meantime, as the old system strains to the breaking point, we're going to see all kinds of outrageous things. Eventually, the old system will completely collapse, giving way to something more reasonable.

As an agnostic, I have no need to vilify or protect some ancient organization, but "their" problem isn't being kept under-wraps anymore. The Church will probably sort the thing out eventually, but in the meantime, plenty of victims tell us that something needs to be done. But what?

Some might want to jump right to drastic measures, but I prefer to consider a more moderate approach.

In the case of the Catholic Church, there is an identifiable leader, the Pope. No, as much as he looks like the antichrist, he's probably just a cynical old man who is a figurehead, controlled by forces unseen. Old patrician families, noble clans who have used religion to control people for centuries, etc. They are the real masters, and therefore, are the ones really responsible for the mess.

As with the infamous "PTB" and "elite" behind every bad thing these days, it would be darn near impossible to positively identify "who" the chief culprits really are.

SO, what to do?

I think that what's been done recently, and is being done is actually a very good step in the right direction. Suing the crap out of them, whenever, and wherever possible, hitting them in the wallet, it will have an effect. We simply need to guard against complacency, and continue the pressure.

Real knowledge of the corruption is the other tool that must be taken advantage of even more. Parents of children need to "get the message", because while this problem may one day be corrected, in the meantime, people will get hurt.

BUT, there are ways of getting that message out that are far more productive than spewing hate and ignorance.

The old-fashioned Chick-style garbage really doesn't help. Your average regular Catholic will just immediately dismiss everything you have to say if you accuse the Pope of being the antichrist. Just like other faithful people, there are things you can't easily talk about. Ask any Muslim if he's OK hearing anything negative about Mohammed. How about a Mormon? Ever insulted Joseph Smith? They lock down in a hurry, and you accomplish nothing.

JR

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
frankly speaking i hate what the romans did to the very church that Apostle Peter had started...

edit on 24-4-2011 by atsmem1980 because: some trash spam statements made its way thru

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by atsmem1980

My main reason for not believing in any of that is because it has too much blood and sh1t on its hands. I believe in God and nothing more.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rai76

This has gone on from the beginning not just of the "Church" but the beginning of time. The Church has buried the sexual relationships and families of Popes let alone parish priests. The Church will put up with anything, yes anything as we've seen with the child predation cover-ups. Anything just so long as the money continues to flow in and with it power. The current Pope, found to be integral in the child predation cover-ups, merely farts and makes the nightly news despite all the bad press. Why is that? There is still plenty of wealth and power in the Vatican coffers. As hard as it might be for many to believe, the pay-offs to victims were simply a drop in the bucket for what is likely still the largest, wealthiest corporation on the planet. One that is free from taxation in my country. This is the modern face of the Roman Empire.

The other Christians should not be smug as the fragmented cults of the pre-Constantinian Jesus worshipers would likely have disappeared without the promotion of Christianity within the empire and the publication of a text by the Roman elite.

In conclusion there is nothing new under the sun or should I say "under the Son". Boys will be boys. Mostly.

<<   2 >>

join