It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Easter!!! or should i say Eostre?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
If you have ever sat back and thought WTF has an egg and a rabbit got to do with Jesus? Well the short answer is nothing, but the better answer is Quite alot. You see when the 1st Reich came along and pillaged and plundered mother England's religion (Paganism) to the point of no return they decided to link Christianity and paganism very closely. So close infact sometimes its hard to understand who your worshipping Deities or the Season's.

Anyway without further adieu i present to you the one you worship

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1f9c3c341183.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/883d1406d3a8.jpg[/atsimg]

Eostre or Ishtar or Jesus's Day you decide.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.religioustolerance.org...
edit on 24-4-2011 by brizellious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Could you go into this a little bit further please? There are many here who aren't familiar with Ishtar.

Thanks. So far I like it.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Ishtar like jesus took a journey to the underworld and came back and Eostre like Ishtar is a Spring-like fertility goddess. Below is a famous Babylonia tale of Ishtar :

One of the most famous myths[4] about Ishtar describes her descent to the underworld. In this myth, Ishtar approaches the gates of the underworld and demands that the gatekeeper open them:
If thou openest not the gate to let me enter,
I will break the door, I will wrench the lock,
I will smash the door-posts, I will force the doors.
I will bring up the dead to eat the living.
And the dead will outnumber the living.
The gatekeeper hurried to tell Ereshkigal, the Queen of the Underworld. Ereshkigal told the gatekeeper to let Ishtar enter, but "according to the ancient decree".
The gatekeeper lets Ishtar into the underworld, opening one gate at a time. At each gate, Ishtar has to shed one article of clothing. When she finally passes the seventh gate, she is naked. In rage, Ishtar throws herself at Ereshkigal, but Ereshkigal orders her servant Namtar to imprison Ishtar and unleash sixty diseases against her.
After Ishtar descends to the underworld, all sexual activity ceases on earth. The god Papsukal reports the situation to Ea, the king of the gods. Ea creates an intersex creature called Asu-shu-namir and sends him-her to Ereshkigal, telling him-her to invoke "the name of the great gods" against her and to ask for the bag containing the waters of life. Ereshkigal is enraged when she hears Asu-shu-namir's demand, but she has to give him-her the water of life. Asu-shu-namir sprinkles Ishtar with this water, reviving her. Then Ishtar passes back through the seven gates, getting one article of clothing back at each gate, and is fully clothed as she exits the last gate.

Simply search the topic if you have an interest and the similarities will come to you.

The word Easter comes from the word eostre with means spring so what's all this got to do with Jesus? That is for us to figure out.
edit on 24-4-2011 by brizellious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
And to make this even more confusing Ishtar descends to the underworld for Tammuz another Diety who has striking similarities to Jesus. The word lent simply means spring, but commonly refers to a long period of abstinence. Ishtar dedicated 40 days to weeping and fasting To Tammuz Not to mention the world couldnt have sex after Ishtar decended to the underworld

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I've always understood the basic connection to be that humanity was "reborn" with the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus and thus the "rebirth" of all of creation in the spring is a physical manifestation to remind us of that.
I wholly agree with the statement that the early Christian church placed it's beliefs into the pagan calendars in order to gain more followers. Kind of like saying "Hey look, it's really the same!" and then gradually taking over these ancient belief systems and replacing the ideology with their own.

Christmas-
Pagan- birth of the sun god
Christian- birth of the son of god

Easter-
Pagan- celebration of life
Christian- celebration of eternal life

There are many more examples throughout the year.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by brizellious

What a stupid story...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I never heard about this story before, I like it. I find old stories about gods and godesses very complicated and confusing though. The meanings are lost to me.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dude69

What a stupid story...

What a silly comment haha this is history and has been echoed throughout the ages, just like your silly 1 line empty thoughtless comments on these forums

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by brizellious

What a stupid story...

What a silly comment haha this is history and has been echoed throughout the ages, just like your silly 1 line empty thoughtless comments on these forums

So you're saying " this " is empty and thoughtless?...I agree.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

What a stupid story...

We are all entitled to our own opinions, especially when it pertains to religious thought/belief.
That being said, I think IMO, that here on ATS these opinions would be better received if backed with more info than "What a stupid story"
Yes, you may be right, it may be stupid, but many stories throughout history are "stupid stories". The people who passed down these stories truly believed the messages behind them, and I feel that no matter how stupid, we should all listen to these stories, and learn what there is to learn from them.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatar22

What a stupid story...

We are all entitled to our own opinions, especially when it pertains to religious thought/belief.
That being said, I think IMO, that here on ATS these opinions would be better received if backed with more info than "What a stupid story"
Yes, you may be right, it may be stupid, but many stories throughout history are "stupid stories". The people who passed down these stories truly believed the messages behind them, and I feel that no matter how stupid, we should all listen to these stories, and learn what there is to learn from them.

Well said, sometimes I wonder if people make these comments just to make there post count go higher either that or there infantile immature children who are bored. Either way its not worth my time to even pay attention. Im just here to discuss the topics that interest me with similar like-minded people.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I agree, and I disagree...
ATS is here for us to get to the bottom of the info we are receiving. I personally don't want to here only one side of a story. I like to get into debates with those who disagree with me. I want to hear all sides of a story before I feel I can make an informed decision at to what the truth really is.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by avatar22

Of course i agree with you. I mean there's no point listening to someone who has nothing to say no input or argument. Look at my tag line that should sum me up for you.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Im not saying this didnt take place...I believe that she went on a journey underground, just as Jesus. But the other stuff...that sex stopped on earth and her clothes etc....come on...

didnt mean to offend you, but I just think that's nonsense
edit on 24-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Oops... sorry, I DO try to read the tag lines on everyone's posts, but sometimes I get ahead of myself and forget.

Thanks for pointing that out. I will try harder to pay more attention, no offence meant, no offence taken.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Jesus birth is celebrated on the same day every year so WHY NOT his supposed death? Easter is just another plagarised Christian festival STOLEN from the pagans. In reality Easter is a celebration of the Spring Equinox - signifying that days are longer than the nights and that spring is really here. This is the time of year that plants and trees start to bloom and animals start reproducing. That is why Easter is celebrated with eggs and bunnies!!! NEW LIFE FOR THE PLANET. The story of Ishtar was just and ealier analogy for this understanding. The date for the Spring Equinox is on a different day each year and by attaching the story of Jesus death to this festival this has resulted in Easter day being on a different day/date every year. So there you have it - Jesus birth is celebrated at the WINTER SOLTICE and correspondingly his death is celebrated at the SPRING EQUINOX.
It all goes back to Astrotheology.
edit on 24-4-2011 by TattooedWarrior because: spelling

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TattooedWarrior

You serious?...bunnies? cause they start humping?...lol...I'll be sure to tell my kids what the easter bunny really represents. Mad shagging.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

IMHO if you have something to contribute to this thread, then by all means please do so.
Otherwise you are just spouting off nonsense that none of us care to hear.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by avatar22

Wasn't funny?...allright. I'll be quiet now...oh wise and great avatar22.
edit on 24-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

This of course is also thought to be the source of the "Dance of the seven veils" which is also incorporated into biblical stories.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join