It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Folded paper with message found in letter box - Unknown language?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the right thread to post on, feel free mods to move it if necessary.

On another UFO related forum, someone post a strange letter with a no less odd writing as well.

Could be a hoax or a joke of course, but seems like interesting anyway.

Here's what the OP said at first:

Strange Folded paper with message found in letter box -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I want to show you all the pictures i have taken off this, it's not japanese, chinese, korean, elven or sumerian, looks similar to Bat Greek... I want to upload it, but it's from my photo album, and not on the net... The paper is shaped in like almost a dimond shape with straight edges on eaither side before the tips of the top and bottom dimond shape. It appears to have been wet and dried in tea or something. Please if some can help me find out what this says and what language it is and what it means,.. it would be greatly apprecaited. I am very open minded and loving.

And the writings:

Seems like at first glance some sort of Sumerian writing, not sure anyway...

Any input on this?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Maybe the ET's are trying to tell us something?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
A bit rusty but I believe it reads "Where's the birth certificate"

Okay in all seriousness that is a pretty interesting find, SnF.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Maybe it's just a doodle, was there anything folded up inside the paper with it ?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
this looks like the letters that were foun at the roswell crash whn one of the officers or military officials showed they're kid

i also remember there was a other thread about alien writing on here that also had a few other pics of some writing like this

btw is this yours ? hwo did u get it who sent it

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
OP second post on the concerned thread:

Well, i have been researching Extraterrestrials, Earth weather and climate, Space and Planets and alot of weird things for the past 4 years... So it kind of wont surprise me if it were something.. real.
Ive dreamt about Aliens and all, ive had alot of experiences. But nothing too confrontational.
Definately not Korean Language.,.. not sure how the paper folding would be linked.
Ive never really been into the Language thing.. although when i picked it up, i said something in other language automaticaly and then opened it.. weird.
There's a picture of the inside fold.. on a separate piece of paper.
Thanks for your interest in trying to help me with this guys. I have a friend who know's someone with one of the simbols and it means strength, another friend said he found some old sunmerian language on a website link from his friend and found simbols that could be the same and it says something like 'birds in the sky' or 'in the sky' and the other was warrior of Death'. I havent received this link to see for myself yet.
Also a third friend found some similar simbols in the old magik alphabet! It does not seem like witchcraft as we thought might have been potential. Me

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It's a lottery ticket. You won! I think it's someone just screwing around. Good find though.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by burntoast

Not mine, but from a guy living in New-Zealand and called "698" on the Aliens-Ufos forum.
edit on 23-4-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It says: "All your origami belong to us!"

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Unfortunately people will try to do anything to become famous. I would have assumed that extraterrestrials would have better equipment than regular paper and a marker or crayon. Personally, I wouldn't get my hopes up because people will try anything to get their 5 seconds of fame.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Right, it's not like it's obvious some human scribed down the words.

I love how some of the people here just draw the dumbest conclusions, as if the topic itself wasn't hard enough to keep one's mind open to.

Good job. You could wake up with these letters burned into your forehead, and think it was a bed rash.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
IMO

most of the time simple answers are usually right:
a) it is scribles / someone having you on
b) it is a code like that used between prison inmates to hide their conversation that may have been put in the wrong place.
c) it is a real language that someone may have wrote down in a scrible or that we do not recognise

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
i would like to help you.
If you take the idea that's it alien you can forget it. Aliens know we are digital and would have sent a message in a binary code or function thereof.
So down to earth. the message is man made and in a language known to a very few. Like the ones who travel like Wanderers on trains and hobos ' no disrespect' An it looks like a message to see if you understood.

I am not an expert, bu this is a gut feeling.
Peace!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Lol it's a joke. It's klingon and if anyone happens to have a copy of the all things star trek book or whatever it's called you will see the klingon alphabet listed in there. I don't have a copy but I recognize the markings as there is a pattern to it.

There was an actual language based off it some college did I think as a joke but regardless there is your answer.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Well, as a professional I can tell you that those are not cuneiform signs.
And, as a nerd, I can say that's not Klingon.

Aside from that, you're on your own.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I did some research, it is definitely not Sumerian, Korean, Klingon writing or anything else suggested in this thread. Burntoast's link of alien writing also had no matches. I went through samples of older written languages and could not find a match, the symbols seem more simple than any written language. I thought it might be from a video game or movie or something. I compared it with runic symbols from warcraft and other games but I didn't find any matches. I thought it could be the vampire symbols in the Blade movie but that was a bust. I looked through 50 pages of new age symbols and runes and came up empty again.

So, I don't know what it is, although it is strangely familiar to me. It looks like no written language I could find, so I'm thinking it's a made up language. I feel like someday I will be watching a TV show or video game and recognize it.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Here's what's Klingon looks like, comparatively to this alleged unknown writing:

Not a chance this could be Klingon.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I just did some research, didn't find anything that was remotely similar.

Probably made up if you ask me, I doubt aliens would travel across the universe just to mail someone a letter.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The last character looks like the Japanese symbol for the sound "moh" which looks like this モ
Other than that, no clue

top topics

<<   2 >>

join